IT.COM

Namejet - Did I win or not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mixx

Impact
Hi! I just placed my first backordering through namejet, but I can't figure out if I won or not??!

I assumed that it was unsuccessful since I didn't get any e-mails saying that I'd won and that the domain is now registered to FREEFALL DOMAINS Llc. Also I can't find it under the "won" - section in my account.

HOWEVER- Namejet just sent me an email asking for payment for the said domain. I guess that I'm only expected to pay if I got the domain? The e-mail doesn't mention anything about if my backorder was successful or not..

What's namejets normal procedure? Will I get the domain (after completed payment)? Or is it some sort of mixup?

(I've of course emailed their customers service, but I've also heard that they can be painfully slow to respond)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The registrar on the whois of your backordered domain will likely change to ENOM within 24 hours after you've won. They will attempt to collect funds within the next day and then once the funds have been collected and ENOM has successfully gained control of the name(this can take up to 7 days) you will first get an email stating that your bid has been successful, providing you with your enom account username and then a second email providing you with your password, which you will have to update. There should also be an email from enom asking you to verify the whois details of your new domain. Any auction wins after this will automatically be pushed to your NJ ENOM account once payment has been collected and the name has been successfully acquired from either the participating registrar or private owner. If you don't hear from them within 7 days assume that the previous owner renewed or transferred at the last minute, because generally after the prerelease auction is over they no longer have control of the name.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
•••
A similar thing happened to me on drop catch
It says auction won
But when i check the domain, its been won by someone else

•••
Me too! i better go ask them for my money back cuz they charged me and said I won for two weeks..but whois always said someone else owned it.

•••
yeah i have gone through the same thing..it really is bad

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back