IT.COM

NameJet Exclusivity?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

quirkey

Impact
Hi,

I've had my eye on an expiring domain registered with Network Solutions and placed a backorder with them, as well as NameJet, who have the "exclusive rights to auction expired domains from Network Solutions, Register.com, and many others, including SnapNames registrar partners" (Network Solutions FAQ).

The domain entered Pending Delete and received 12 bids over three days, before entering "Pending Auction". However, this morning, the domain is on my "Wish List" with 7 bidders and, after checking Whois, it appears that the domain was caught by DropCatch.com.

What on earth does NameJet exclusivity even mean? Can anyone explain what's going on here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To clarify, the bidding was happening on NameJet (couldn't edit my original post).

•••
They have an exclusive before it enters the pending delete. Once it gets deleted nobody has an exclusive anyone could catch it.

If its on dropcatch and had more than one bidder you should be able to visit the domain and be redirected to the dropcatch 3 day auction for it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back