Dynadot

Name.com support

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi

all services in name.com is very good but only they have a big problem

the problem " very slow support "

For example my name.com account hacked ( my email hacked ) and i report it 48H ago but they don't answer me

Time is very important in this condition

Hacker may push all my domains to other account .

my suggestion : name.com must create new support category for Critical issues

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi alah,

We sincerely apologize that you have not received a response from us. We are currently experiencing a heavy support load and we have hired two new agents to help with our recent growth.

Please send an email to Cliff, our customer support manager, at cliff[at]name.com and we will look into your issue immediately. Please include your case number with this email.

Again, we are very sorry.

Best regards,
Lesley Yarbrough
Community Manager
Name.com

•••
I have an account at Name.com and Domainsite.com. It disturbs me to know that your Name.com account was compromised. It is even more disturbing that you have not heard back from support about this issue. Please let us know how it all turns out.

I am also waiting for a reply from support at Domainsite.com concerning several issues. I am now wondering how long it will take before support gets back to me. The last time I had this much trouble with a domain register was Regfly. Not real happy right now. >:(

As far as I know Name.com and Domainsite.com are run by the same people. It would be nice for someone to clarify the connection between Name.com and Domainsite.com.

•••
More Name.com / Domainsite.com BS:

From Name.com's blog "CHANGE IS A COMIN'" http://blog.name.com/2010/01/change-is-a-comin/

In the comments section of their blog:

Dan said:
As far as I can tell, the two sites are staying separate, not being merged. They're only upgrading DomainSite's interface to match that of
Name.com, nothing else. :)

Name.com replied:
Hi Dan,
That will not cause a problem, you will continue to have individual accounts at each registrar. Password recovery will function as expected for both accounts. You will also have the option to do an account transfer of your domains into one single account (at either registrar) so that you can manage your names without logging into multiple accounts/registrars.

I hope that helps clear things up

And Owen Borseth said:
They will be merged. If there are collisions where a username is in use between both sites and the accounts belong to different people / companies, the Name.com account will take precedence and the DomainSite account owner will be notified of a changed username. We will work with customers who's usernames are changed but there are very few of them.

Today when I went to the new Domainsite.com page, I was greeted with this message on attempting to log into my account:
Welcome back to your account. When we made the recent upgrade to Domainsite.com we had a small problem adding your username to our new system. This won't affect any of the domains in your account. It only affects your username. We anticipated this might happen to a small number of our customers, so we've attempted to make the fix as easy as possible.

On this page you will need to create a new username for your account. Once you've changed your username just click on the 'Account' button at the top of the page and you can continue managing your domains.

Please enter a new username in the field below and click on "Change Username". (Our system will let you know if you are trying to create a username that conflicts with another account.)

We apologize for any inconvenience this step may have caused. We think you will find that the benefits of our new control panel and our new domain search tools are worth it.

Enter your new username:

1) I was never notified by Name.com or Domainsite.com of this change .

2) Where is my option to combine accounts? I sure don't see where I have any option to combine accounts in my Name.com account or from the message I received attempting to log in to my Domainsite.com account.

3) When will you work with me on combing accounts? Today or next week or next month? It seems this transition was very poorly planned to avoid conflict between entities with both Name.com and Domainsite.com accounts.

4) Mean while I am in the middle of transferring domains to Domainsite.com and have no idea of what is going on.

Last edited:
•••
Since Name.com have a facebook, perhaps the faster way to contact them using facebook

Name.com | Facebook

•••
Thanks Lighting_Blue for the advice. I am off to FaceBook to see what is going on with this situation.

•••
Hi Alah,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your account. Please contact
scott @name.com, and provide as much information regarding the hijacking as possible. I would be happy to provide further assistance at that time.

Thank you,

Scott M.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Hi CrazyPenguin,

A major upgrade just took place at DomainSite.com. While the sites will not be merged, both Name.com and DomainSite.com share some of the same infrastructure. If you have domains at both Name.com and DomainSite.com, you are welcome to transfer control of the domains to a single account at either registrar without the need for an inter-registrar transfer. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Log into your Name.com or DomainSite.com account.

2. At your 'Account Management' page, click on the domain name you wish to transfer.

3. In your 'Domain Control Panel' on the right side of your screen, select the 'Account Transfer' option under Domain Management in your Control Panel.

4. You can bulk-transfer additional domains by typing in the other domains you wish to transfer.

5. Enter the Account Code for the account where the domains are to be transferred. Check the applicable contact types that should take on the Recipient's information. Click 'Submit'.

This process will work for transferring domains from Name.com to DomainSite.com, or DomainSite.com to Name.com.

Transfers from other registrars to DomainSite.com should work as usual. If you have any additional questions, you are also welcome to reach me directly at scott @name.com.

Thank you,

Scott M.

•••
Day # 7 in the middle of a transfer and have no idea what is going on and no way to even check on the status of the transfer.

While I appreciate your response to my post your method does not work in my situation.

1) No domains show up in my Domainsite panel.
2) No domains are available to transfer.
3) Both domains show up in billing info.

Email sent.

•••
Thanks @name.com
I solve my problem myself , I hack hacker :)
Now i access to my name.com account ...

•••
@Name.com & @Domainsite.com

All problems were taken care of yesterday afternoon. One domain was transferred to Domainsite.com plus successfully pushed to my Name.com account. Another domain failed to transfer and Domainsite.com refunded the balance.

Even though the transition was not smooth with integrating Domainsite into Name.com's software. Scott from Name.com handled the situation in a very professional and courteous manner to resolve all problems very quickly. Many thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back