IT.COM

Name.com can you purchase expiring name before it drops?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hello, I've never used Name.com , there is a domain registered there that I want to buy, it's past it's expiration date and says expiring. However when I type it into name.com says it is expiring and I may add it to my cart like any other purchase.......don't these names go to a drop auctions service first ? like namejet? Or is this name.com way of placing a back order for me?

go daddy says it's not available, yet name.com says I can add it to my cart? I'm confused can anyone clarify please?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Name.com will list it for sale at some point. Just keeping checking expired domains section. No auction, instead they offer at BIN.

•••
Name.com will list it for sale at some point. Just keeping checking expired domains section. No auction, instead they offer at BIN.

Thank you very much! Any idea what time frame is on this from expire date? It says I can add it to my cart now for the reg purchase price, is this the BIN ? or does it mean I can buy it but they will have a few days and notice to renew it?

•••

wow I did what you said, and it actully shows how many days till it expires (that's neat)with option to add to cart! So I could BIN and keep the old reg date? or wait for it to drop, but this means someone else could buy it?

•••
When you buy an expired domain there it becomes yours immediately. The BIN price gets cut in half everyday it goes unsold. Not sure on the exact timeframe these hit the market.

•••
wow I did what you said, and it actully shows how many days till it expires (that's neat)with option to add to cart! So I could BIN and keep the old reg date? or wait for it to drop, but this means someone else could buy it?
Yes, it preserves the old reg date. If it drops you run the risk of any bo service grabbing it.

•••
Yes, it preserves the old reg date. If it drops you run the risk of any bo service grabbing it.

Thank you so much for explaining this and yes you make a good point that anyone could grab it after.

•••
•••
Name.com charge $50 to backorder, it's probably best to look for names that they have registered for others, the success rate is low catching from elsewhere. Yes the good part is if you can grab a name via their service, no matter how many people tried for it, if you get it....It's yours without all the fuss. They do refund on failed attemps via paypal also and normally within a day or two... Hope that helps.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back