IT.COM

My first scam

NameSilo
Watch

Marc Riccio

Established Member
Impact
Got a private message from someone who states that he has montreal.net for sale and if I have a customer, he will split 50/50.
Then he signs it ....Cheers, Liviuu

Pink Dragon is his nom-de-plume

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It looks like he has a IDN domain, not the real Montreal.net. Worthless, IMO...he's trying to scam any potential buyer.

•••
Told him I would contact a few people..
It looks like he has a IDN domain, not the real Montreal.net. Worthless, IMO...he's trying to scam any potential buyer.

I might offer my nyc.com in exchange...

•••
@Marc Riccio - before you lose your edit window, I would consider removing your post. Posting PRIVATE messages is uncool

IMO . . .

•••
Not a proven scam as he shows the accent over the e é

•••
•••
•••
Well golly gee, he was polite and technically even if you don't care for IDN domains, it is the proper spelling, so there could be a buyer that would appreciate that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal
Montreal officially Montréal is the most populous municipality in the Canadian province of Quebec. Montreal is the second-largest primarily French-speaking city in the world after Paris.

Plus if I get unwanted PMs, I like to reply in PRIVATE first and ask that they not send me anything like that again, and if it does happen again I would use the "Report" button.

This doesn't really look like a scam, just enthusiasm for a potential partnership sale.

•••
•••
Thanks, but the only people that would buy this is the tourist bureau, and it would have to be in French..

@biggie Apparently only French speaking people are allowed to visit Montreal.

•••
•••
@Marc Riccio - can you please explain why do you think it is a scam?

Since you are from Montreal, I sent you a PM, asking you if you can sell the name. Yes, it is an IDN domain. But it is the correct French spelling. I don't try to sell the fake pay.com, like the one is on sale now at Sedo. I wrote in my message to you "if you can find a customer". I was not trying to sell this domain to you. I gave you the link, where you can clearly see the name.

•••
@Marc Riccio: I am still expecting an answer from you. You open a thread, telling to the NP community I am a scammer. I might buy and sell names here, in the future. If anyone will search on this board "pinkdragon" or "scam", he or she may find your thread.

LE: @all, please find attached the PM I sent him.

Attachments

• Montreal.jpg
    Montreal.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
•••
I don't see any scam here. Looks like PinkDragon showed the correct spelling and was not trying to deceive.

•••
@Marc Riccio

What are you on about...what exactly has @pinkdragon done that you felt the need to publically accuse him of being a scammer?

•••
Je suis desole that Jaccuse is taken in .com, .net and .org FWIW

Last edited:
•••
cute @bobbarato - I had to search to get the joke : sourire :

Who could think such an innocent wide-eyed dragon could be a scammer? And PINK the color of innocence and kindness to boot!
http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-pink.html

Sorry for this @pinkdragon - we will see if @Marc Riccio offers any response
What makes it stranger yet is that Marc replied positively to you in PM then started this thread : confused :

Also interesting:
Montréal.ca Domain Name xn--montral-fya.ca Domain Status unavailable
Error Message The domain name provided is reserved for the use of a Canadian municipality. Contact CIRA for more information.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back