Dynadot

My end-user letter

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello fellow NamePro'ers.

I have just recently sent out e-mails to 18 different potential end-users for a one word dotcom that I own.

Here is that letter:

"Hello. I have just recently acquired the Domain Name: xxxxx.com and am in the process of entertaining offers for this exclusive name. How much would xxxxx.com be worth to your business?

If this interests you, or if you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at your convience. No need to reply if xxxxx.com is not in your marketing plan.

Thanks for your time.
Scott T."

How does that look? The heading for the e-mail is xxxxx.com. Should I make any changes to the letter? I still have 20+ other end-users to contact but thought I would stop and read what you folks have to say. Should I be stating a price? Alot of the "potential" buyers are from the UK. Should that make a difference as to my approach? etc, etc.

Thanks,
ST

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To be commended for your work in designing a Marketing Letter, locating potential, relevant End user "leads", and then contacting them ... it's the "bread and butter" of domain selling, IMHO.
"Just recently" may not play out too well ... they may think to themselves that if you just acquired it, how could it be worth a "premium" (these are what they might think, not me). "No need to reply ... " probably not necessary, as it will give them an easy out that you don't want them to have ... you want a response, either way.
Heading/Subject Line might perhaps be "XXXXX.com - Domain Name Inquiry", something to that effect, so they'll take interest, open the message and then read it.
Really, overall ... these are very small alterations. Excellent approach, and consistency is the key! :tu:
PS. Invite them for some "tea" if they're in the U.K. :laugh:
Good Luck with it, Scott.
B-)

•••
CH: Thanks for replying. I think I will incorporate some of your ideas.

Would: "I am the current owner of the Domain Name xxxx.com..." be better IYHO?

Will probably leave the "easy out" though.

I figure: If they like...they will write! (Heh, that's kinda catchy. Maybe that should be my new slogan.)

ST

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by Coastalguy

:bingo:

That's cool! :)
Crank out those letters, CG!
B-)

•••
Good luck CG!! Let us know how it works :)

•••
Will do GC!

From CG,
ST

•••
Hello fellow NamePro'ers.

I have just recently sent out e-mails to 18 different potential end-users for a one word dotcom that I own.

what's the response from the 18?
will be interested to know the RATE
of response to your cool offer.

thanks

:gl:

•••
•••
Final draft will be added to thread mentioned CH.

So far no responses but its only been 12 hours or so. I hope that is not a sign of things to come. The name I am offering is exactly what these folks do for a living.

ST

•••
Good, simple letter. You can also put in the header "xxxx.com For Sale" so it's an immediate lure, doesn't himhaw, and gets right to the point. I would also not mention "recently acquired" as that looks a bit tacky. Instead of just saying "exclusive", you should back up your claim that it is indeed "exclusive" and provide any stats available (i.e. Google, OV, and other #s).

Also, 12 hrs is not long at all. Sometimes people don't make it to their emails in a week or so for various reasons.

•••
CH: Thanks for replying. I think I will incorporate some of your ideas.

I figure: If they like...they will write! (Heh, that's kinda catchy. Maybe that should be my new slogan.)

ST
Yes.. this revision is much better.

I always include my contact phone # as well.. somehow it gives the msg. a more professional feel.. as I invite the reader too contact me by phone or email if they are interested in ownership of XXXX.com

Goodluck with your email marketing. This method has worked for me in the past.. although it is a #'s game.. the more people you contact.. the higher chance of landing an interested "end buyer"

Goodluck!

•••
It's the "weekend", as well.
Hoping for a FULL E-mail Inbox on Monday/Tuesday, Scott! :)

•••
•••
I would just stick with Jeff's idea of having "XXXXX.com - Domain Name Inquiry" as the email's subject. This subject looks less "automated" (or spam), and more personalized for me!

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
It's the "weekend", as well.
Hoping for a FULL E-mail Inbox on Monday/Tuesday, Scott! :)

I agree unless they are the kind of companies that dont even check their email...(what am i saying?)

•••
Fingers crossed!

ST

:talk:

Please update with the latest, Scott! :tu:
Thanks.

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
:talk:

Please update with the latest, Scott! :tu:
Thanks.

Yea I would like to know too. :) Wonder how much emails you got :)

•••
Total e-mails sent = 18.
Total replies = zippo.

I have another 20+ to send out (new and improved version).
Still thinking positive (is there a choice?).
Been really busy with other things but will probably send the next batch out on Thursday.
I'll keep everyone posted. There's a buyer out there and I plan on finding them.

ST

•••
Keep refining the letter, and locating newer and possibly even more relevant, targeted "leads", IMHO. In a pure numbers game, persistence usually works in one's favor, over time!
Best here, Scott. :)

•••
Total e-mails sent = 18.
Total replies = zippo.

I have another 20+ to send out (new and improved version).
Still thinking positive (is there a choice?).
Been really busy with other things but will probably send the next batch out on Thursday.
I'll keep everyone posted. There's a buyer out there and I plan on finding them.

ST

Dont worry about the first batch you WILL find someone just keep trying :) good luck!

•••
I get similarly dismal response rates. I must have sent over 200 emails now (concering six or so domains), to various recipients painstakingly culled throughthe target web pages or whois. So far, I've had only one response and no sale. :|

I guess I could hike up the number of outgoing emails, but I'm starting to feel like a spammer. There has to be a better way. :-/

Regards,

Apollo

•••
starting to feel like a spammer

Thats a good point. You have to think positive but unfortunately a lot of potential clients will immediately dismiss the email as spam.
That opening header line is SO important.

I would only add that its important, if possible, to direct the email personally to someone of relevance. i.e. Marketing Manager, etc.

In a large company this could be crucial.
A general bod or secretary even in the right department would probably delete it without thinking....

On all the best domains , to a larger company, I also send a formal business letter, even if abroad (small cost really) .
I would then mention in my follow-up letter/email the previous correspondence asking if they have thought further on my proposal.

When you get a firm interest then the fun really begins..
Price negotiation is yet another ballgame..:sick:

•••
Perhaps direct mail could work better. I know I have a direct mail handbook somewhere ... got to brush up on it. If I hand-write the mailing address, its bound to be read by a person, and not dismissed as junk mail.

Hmm.

•••
Points worth considering (Armstrong and 4u-domains).

Thanks,
ST

•••
hmm never considered being a spammer. but thats a good point

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back