NameSilo

My domain 6462.com has been stolen

Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
Not going to get into a long conversation about this other than to say the domain name 6462.com has been stolen and is now at ename.com .......merry F****KING XMAS TO ME

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good News. Glad to hear this from you :)

•••
nice to hear you now have ur domain back. Congrat

•••
•••
Looking fwd to post(s) 10,001+

Peace,
Cy

•••
•••
Thats not good mate

Contact your registrar and find out how it happened? Also contact eName about it...

•••
That terrible. Fight to get it back is right.. Good luck!

•••
How is it possible? Was your email address hacked or someone logged into your godaddy account?

•••
•••
Does this mean that when the robbers unlocked the domain in your account, it did not trigger Godaddy to send an email notice to you about the change ?

And when the domain finally got transferred out, you never received any email notice from Godaddy ? I think normally there's about 3 emails per domain transfer out that Godaddy sends.

•••
Does this mean that when the robbers unlocked the domain in your account, it did not trigger Godaddy to send an email notice to you about the change ?

And when the domain finally got transferred out, you never received any email notice from Godaddy ? I think normally there's about 3 emails per domain transfer out that Godaddy sends.
This is true, but are we to set alerts every time we receive an email from GoDaddy to wake up or get to a computer immediately?

By this time, the domain could already be gone. I believe multitasking, I was able to transfer a domain out in under 5 minutes. Time is of essence.

We have lives too.

•••
Okay. i was just trying to sort out whether it is completely possible for someone to steal your domains without triggering emails. I think i've read reports in the past about domains suddenly disappearing from your account without notice.

•••
How did this happen?
Did you have two-factor authentication activated on your GoDaddy.com account?

•••
•••
Makes me wonder about few of mine. After all I did find one up for auction on godaddy that I never listed even.

•••
•••
Wish you luck getting your name back but I doubt GoDaddy would be of any help.
Still give it your best shot but make sure you transfer away rest of your valuable names to Name.com, you can transfer out all GD domains to Name.com in flat 15 minutes. Use 2FA, you will never have to regret.

On a lighter note, it seems like a Merry "F****KING" XMAS for the thief as well :)

•••
What a crappy way to bring in Christmas..But people have gotten their names back from GoDaddy. I saw an instance where one user on this forum lost a couple LLL.com's which was at GoDaddy and they managed to get them back. Screw just emailing them..I'd be calling, live chatting, or driving over to their business headquarters to get my stuff back.

•••
Tracing it is the easy part getting it back it the hard part, no links have been clicked in any emails , kinda starting to wonder why they all disappear from gogaddy ?? Ename responding is like saying the tooth fairy exists. Just moved five domains from godaddy ....soon more, i just can't trust them and i have no faith in them to fix this
~
Dont think i'll say much more as last time i was here some mod accused me of post padding to reach 10,000 posts, hey maybe i got the chinese to steal my domain so i get more posts up, you might figure i'm a bit stale on the whole thing at the moment, merry xmas !! I still got my guitar !

Dude...Find out where the heck is enom located, get the into your car and break into their company door asking for your domain with proofs and your lawyer and show them that an chinese just stole your domain if they still do not respond then go for the Kung-Fu

•••
•••
Dude...Find out where the heck is enom located, get the into your car and break into their company door asking for your domain with proofs and your lawyer and show them that an chinese just stole your domain if they still do not respond then go for the Kung-Fu
It's eName amigo, and they're in China, so good luck with that plan!

To evirtual: AFAIK, GoDaddy no longer has email support. I think your best course is to use their online chat interface, just log in and use the Support link.

•••
ur acct was hack, but why most hack domain are been transfered to ename?

•••
Godaddy have sent a 'complaint' notice which i have filled out, i have asked why the transfer never sent an email out to the account holder ........me !
~
I have spoken to support once, when i first discovered the theft, the customer support dude said 'hang oo i'll talk to my supervisor' I then asked why could not talk to the supervisor?? I was told to email [email protected] and at this point they have replied and i have filled out the form (forget the exact name) So i guess i have to wait, still have questions as to how this can happen though

•••
I further explained that the nameservers were as they were in the hope that the theft would go unnoticed, i also stated the thief would not have an account at my hosting company. I am basically hoping the current crop of this happenings will be enough to stop the transfer, if i did not receive a transfer email surely that tells you something, yesterday i get a bill from escrow for a name i know nothing about (my email address stolen from my account here) The this morning i wake to find numerous hacking attempts at my wordpress sites, so i am off to update everything, only good news is ..... no hangover today

•••
yesterday i get a bill from escrow for a name i know nothing about (my email address stolen from my account here)
here where? Escrow? Or NP?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back