NameSilo

My Afternic BIN landers are really screwed up today (most of the week too).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have all my names parked at Afternic with BIN landers. But the last few days have seen lots of issues. Many names that are set to BIN are showing the "Contact Us" landers. And today, many names are not even resolving, instead showing page not found and similar. Godaddy support is supposedly looking into this.

Is anyone else seeing this? If you use Afternic BIN landers, can you try ten or twenty names and see if it's working?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have all my names parked at Afternic with BIN landers. But the last few days have seen lots of issues. Many names that are set to BIN are showing the "Contact Us" landers. And today, many names are not even resolving, instead showing page not found and similar. Godaddy support is supposedly looking into this.

Is anyone else seeing this? If you use Afternic BIN landers, can you try ten or twenty names and see if it's working?
did you manually set up the bin landers through afternic yourself?

•••
Yes. They always have always worked, for years. It's a new issue. But I just heard they are rolling out an update to address the issue. I'll report back later.
did you manually set up the bin landers through afternic yourself?

•••
Same here.. I'm currently moving all of my domains' landing pages to Dan

•••
Same, some are working some are showing their phone number.

buy now.jpg

•••
Same here.. I'm currently moving all of my domains' landing pages to Dan
I've been very happy with Afternic. I was at Dan before. The benefit with Afternic I see is that their sales team gets plenty of calls, even from BIN landers, and works aggressively to negotiate a sale. I think it's spiked my sales. While I love everything about Dan, it lacks the sales team that Afternic has. And I'm really happy with my very responsive Afternic rep.

•••

Yes seems to be very screwed up at afternic. LOOK !!!!!!!!!! This is basically what I see godaddy corp as a whole has many problems,their technology is very very old. Can you imagine that your brokerage account or bank had this many things wrong. They just dont give 2 sh-ts. Basically they want to be partners with everyone and whatever sticks sticks. Picture a big pools with kids in it with 30k gallons of water and about 50 gallons gets spashed out of the pools on a sunny day ,thats ok with godaddy,the 40 gallons that go unreported,and they just worry about complaints of the 10 gallons. This is a pretty good analogy,so basically ignore all noise unless its costing us.
I just started mass delete at afternic the process is slow and can only hide listings instead of deleting. Only 50 at a time but I have about 80 pages, does anyone know how to delete or unlist or hide the listings in one shot??????????????

•••
Yes seems to be very screwed up at afternic. LOOK !!!!!!!!!! This is basically what I see godaddy corp as a whole has many problems,their technology is very very old. Can you imagine that your brokerage account or bank had this many things wrong. They just dont give 2 sh-ts. Basically they want to be partners with everyone and whatever sticks sticks. Picture a big pools with kids in it with 30k gallons of water and about 50 gallons gets spashed out of the pools on a sunny day ,thats ok with godaddy,the 40 gallons that go unreported,and they just worry about complaints of the 10 gallons. This is a pretty good analogy,so basically ignore all noise unless its costing us.
I just started mass delete at afternic the process is slow and can only hide listings instead of deleting. Only 50 at a time but I have about 80 pages, does anyone know how to delete or unlist or hide the listings in one shot??????????????
You are right that the technology is bad, and times like this are frustrating. But in their defense, I do really like my rep there who gives me excellent concierge service (even when he's on vacation), and most importantly you get more exposure there than anywhere else. I sell a lot of names through them. So it takes a few days longer to get paid--I can live with that. It's all about the money.

•••
Just tested a dozen or so domains. Different registrars, different price ranges, older ones and newer onces. All appears to be working, BIN landers are shown where they are supposed to. For domains which are not using their DNS [and where I will have to pay 25% unfortunately], direct link is also working. Noticed something new - a chat function /right bottom corner/. I did not do anything special with afternic configuration recently, expect manually submitting my desired lander selection [BIN] in bulk, for all domains, including those which were already automatically set to use this lander.

Last edited:
•••
You are right that the technology is bad, and times like this are frustrating. But in their defense, I do really like my rep there who gives me excellent concierge service (even when he's on vacation), and most importantly you get more exposure there than anywhere else. I sell a lot of names through them. So it takes a few days longer to get paid--I can live with that. It's all about the money.
I also sell quite a few domain with them,and one thing I do like is the payment system ,never takes more than 24 hours to get paid except for a 30k money wire that took 5 days total. Thing is most of the salesman there are horrible,and if I have a all systems across the board min bid ,reserve buy now and the last one [slipping my mind ] why are you calling me that the buyer wants to pay 10% less. thet are killing the impulse buy ,thats why I am starting to move away from them

•••
I've been very happy with Afternic. I was at Dan before. The benefit with Afternic I see is that their sales team gets plenty of calls, even from BIN landers, and works aggressively to negotiate a sale. I think it's spiked my sales. While I love everything about Dan, it lacks the sales team that Afternic has. And I'm really happy with my very responsive Afternic rep.
At least I temporarily moved until the problem is resolved

•••
In the last couple hours, every name I've tried is now showing the "Contact Us" page rather then my BIN pages.

•••
In the last couple hours, every name I've tried is now showing the "Contact Us" page rather then my BIN pages.
i tried 5 of mine and bin pages are showing.

•••
•••
Yeah the godaddy crew is burning the midnight oil getting ready for a buyout. Based on what I see in the stock ,there has been accumulation of this sinking companies stock ,behind the scenes there are major fails going on {no matter how great they say it is} they need a good companies technology to take it to the next level.Domain business at godaddy is a joke and not to be taken seriously. This is real money and they treat it as a video game. Can you imagine if you bought a few hundred calls on a stock that runs up big and a sh-thead broker tells you the seller changed his mind ,so your out 2 million bucks ,but dont worry were going to scold him and if he does it again then well really be mad at him. No that would never happen ,but it happens hundreds of times a day with domains at godaddy.Till this changes ,this industry is a -uc-ing joke. But buy the stock its going up ,and no-one in the company has been seen or heard from lately in this forum. Something up
PS. even wonder why fast transfer is so important to GODADDY?

Last edited:
•••
Yeah the godaddy crew is burning the midnight oil getting ready for a buyout. Based on what I see in the stock ,there has been accumulation of this sinking companies stock ,behind the scenes there are major fails going on {no matter how great they say it is} they need a good companies technology to take it to the next level.Domain business at godaddy is a joke and not to be taken seriously. This is real money and they treat it as a video game. Can you imagine if you bought a few hundred calls on a stock that runs up big and a sh-thead broker tells you the seller changed his mind ,so your out 2 million bucks ,but dont worry were going to scold him and if he does it again then well really be mad at him. No that would never happen ,but it happens hundreds of times a day with domains at godaddy.Till this changes ,this industry is a -uc-ing joke. But buy the stock its going up ,and no-one in the company has been seen or heard from lately in this forum. Something up
PS. even wonder why fast transfer is so important to GODADDY?
I don't see what you are seeing in the stock chart. The stock chart looks terible, especially against other small/mid cap tech stocks which have seen huge gains recently. Today it was up 2% on low volume. That's not accumulation. Maybe you know some people accumulating small positions, but there is no big accumulation going on. The chart is not telling me something is going on behind the scenes.

•••
I don't see what you are seeing in the stock chart. The stock chart looks terible, especially against other small/mid cap tech stocks which have seen huge gains recently. Today it was up 2% on low volume. That's not accumulation. Maybe you know some people accumulating small positions, but there is no big accumulation going on. The chart is not telling me something is going on behind the scenes.
Accumulation in stocks are not done at tops ,they are done at selling climaxes look over the last few weeks and you may see what I see and why I have been buying from the bottom of the last leg up. This stock is about to have a breakout shortly and will see 85 in the near future. The best book I have ever read about stocks was by richard arms ,'' PROFITS IN VOLUME'' please read it ,thanks for your posts.

•••
•••
Since Dan is owned by godaddy, what’s so hard for them to put a phone number on the landing page?

•••
Did you try to explicitly reset your afternic lander settings, such as by submitting "contact us" lander type, saving it, and immediately submitting the correct "BIN" lander selection for all affected domains?

•••
Time to bail on godaddy treating us like an abused stepchild ,im shutting all my afternic listings to hidden tab,with this you are blocking your obligation to sell thru them according to an afternic broker .With this I am moving the bulk to parkingcrew.com ,not for the income but for the stats ,recently sold 3 domains outbound when I marketed to end users of domains getting a lot of clicks. David clements of brannans once told me that at least 25% of the people visiting your domains are looking to buy it. so im working on a better way to reach them because rarely do they fill out forms,if anyone can give me ideas on this I would appreciate it, again parking crew is a must and live update always.

•••
Did you try to explicitly reset your afternic lander settings, such as by submitting "contact us" lander type, saving it, and immediately submitting the correct "BIN" lander selection for all affected domains?
When I enter a name it is not specified as a BIN type because you cannot set that upon entry of a new listing. Immediately after the new listing is entered, I go in and change to BIN. But the issue is happening to names that have been in Afternic and set to BIN for months. I have found a way to reset to BIN, but going in to the name and updating the record. I do this by changing the price by a dollar and then changing it back. Then the BIN lander comes up. I can't do this to all the problematic names, because I cannot go through 5,000 names to check each one.

Maybe they have it fixed this morning though, as I just tried a batch of random names, about a dozen of them, and they all showed BIN.

•••
When I enter a name it is not specified as a BIN type because you cannot set that upon entry of a new listing. Immediately after the new listing is entered, I go in and change to BIN. But the issue is happening to names that have been in Afternic and set to BIN for months. I have found a way to reset to BIN, but going in to the name and updating the record. I do this by changing the price by a dollar and then changing it back. Then the BIN lander comes up. I can't do this to all the problematic names, because I cannot go through 5,000 names to check each one.

Maybe they have it fixed this morning though, as I just tried a batch of random names, about a dozen of them, and they all showed BIN.
No comments from gd management here ,go figure

1686922805250.png
picture of godaddy management

•••

Hi Mark!
Can you double check you have these settings enabled:
1. Domain names pointed to Afternic nameservers
2. The correct landing page options displayed in the 'Sales Lander' column of your Afternic account.

If those are correct, then please DM us and we'll make sure that you're set up properly! Thanks for your post.

Same, some are working some are showing their phone number.

Show attachment 240480
@Constantin S This would happen if your domain doesn't have a BIN price set at Afternic, or if your domain is in the 'In Review' status. If your domain is in the 'In Review' status, could you contact the customer service team?

Just tested a dozen or so domains. Different registrars, different price ranges, older ones and newer onces. All appears to be working, BIN landers are shown where they are supposed to. For domains which are not using their DNS [and where I will have to pay 25% unfortunately], direct link is also working. Noticed something new - a chat function /right bottom corner/. I did not do anything special with afternic configuration recently, expect manually submitting my desired lander selection [BIN] in bulk, for all domains, including those which were already automatically set to use this lander.
Well spotted! We regularly experiment with new features to get that average STR even higher :)

•••

We'll DM you for some more details, too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back