My take on Afternic NS5/NS6 lander

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hi everyone,

I’ve been asked by several fellow friends about the new Afternic NS5/NS6 BIN lander. I thought to share it with everyone else as well if more people are interested to hear my thoughts.

One thing is common with both the BIN (ns5/ns6) and contact form landers (ns3/ns4) and that is having a contact number to call the Afternic brokers.

The main point why I’m reluctant in trying out the BIN lander is in some cases I’m willing to accept the lower price than the BIN depending on the domain, offer, need of cash flow, etc. Due to this reason, there are chances where the buyer won’t even bother contacting because of the BIN option only.

Another reason for which I’m not sure but I would still like to share it. When someone inquires about a domain via contact form, I’m fully aware that Afternic brokers do follow-ups with any serious buyer but for the BIN landers where the buyer only has the option to contact via phone number, I’m not too sure if the brokers do follow-up with them as well.

Another reason is that for U.S buyers, there is a toll free number which is easier for anyone in the U.S to contact but when it comes to some other part of the world from which the U.S calling charges are not cheap like from any Arab countries and many more. So only having the contact number and no other option to reach out to the broker/buyer may lead the potential buyer to walk away?

Feel free to give your feedback if someone has tried the BIN landers and how’s your experience compared to the contact form landers.

Also if anyone would like to add some more reasons of why the contact form lander or the BIN lander is better, you’re welcome to do so.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
On the flipside.

Some buyers will not fill in the form as they may wrongly think that the domain owner will be asking a price out of their range and you lose the sale.

Some buyers do not like to speak on the phone to sales people or negotiate a price.

The main point why I’m reluctant in trying out the BIN lander is in some cases I’m willing to accept the lower price than the BIN depending on the domain, offer, need of cash flow, etc. Due to this reason, there are chances where the buyer won’t even bother contacting because of the BIN option only

At least they would know the asking price to know if they are in the right ballpark and if they really want to negotiate they have the option to phone.

Last edited:
•••
On the flipside.

Some buyers will not fill in the form as they may think that the domain owner will be asking a price out of their range.

Some buyers do not like to speak on the phone or negotiate a price.

At least they would know the asking price to know if they are in the right ballpark and if they really want to negotiate they have the option to phone.

Without knowing the asking price or having any pricing idea, I wonder what kind of serious buyer will walk away by looking at the contact form. It's quite possible on the opposite when the BIN lander shows an out of price range BIN for the buyer to leave and not even bother asking if there is any possibility of negotiation.

•••
If the BIN puts them off that much I would argue they are not a serious buyer.
Guess depends on your pricing strategy. I price at the price I want and rarely discount and when I do its a small discount.
As I buyer I want to know if I am the right ballpark, otherwise just a waste of everyones time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back