IT.COM

My Afternic BIN landers are really screwed up today (most of the week too).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have all my names parked at Afternic with BIN landers. But the last few days have seen lots of issues. Many names that are set to BIN are showing the "Contact Us" landers. And today, many names are not even resolving, instead showing page not found and similar. Godaddy support is supposedly looking into this.

Is anyone else seeing this? If you use Afternic BIN landers, can you try ten or twenty names and see if it's working?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Last edited:
•••
@Constantin S This would happen if your domain doesn't have a BIN price set at Afternic, or if your domain is in the 'In Review' status. If your domain is in the 'In Review' status, could you contact the customer service team?
I sent an email, I think the reason for that is the extension because from my test the .com's work fine but other extensions simply aren't showing the BIN.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I also sell quite a few domain with them,and one thing I do like is the payment system ,never takes more than 24 hours to get paid except for a 30k money wire that took 5 days total. Thing is most of the salesman there are horrible,and if I have a all systems across the board min bid ,reserve buy now and the last one [slipping my mind ] why are you calling me that the buyer wants to pay 10% less. thet are killing the impulse buy ,thats why I am starting to move away from them
How do you get paid in 24 hours. They take weeks for me. Last one sold more than two weeks ago, still not paid.

•••
I am once again having problems getting my BIN landers to show up at Afternic. Anyone else having the same problem?

When I add a new domain name to Afternic with a BIN price, I then locate the name I entered in the portfolio and set the landing page from Request Price (the default) to Buy It Now. When I then enter the name into the browser I expect to see the BIN lander. But I don't. I get the "Want to find if this domain is for sale? Give us a call." lander.

I entered about 20 names last weekend and none of them showed the BIN lander until about 36 hours later. Three days later, I still have two names that are still not showing the lander.

Today I entered a batch of eight names, and set them to BIN. They do not show the BIN lander but instead the "Want to find if this domain is for sale? Give us a call." lander. I expect in a couple days they will show the BIN lander, for most or all. But maybe not.

So when I add names to Afternic now, I have to keep monitoring them for days, tracking which names will never show BIN. And then email my rep to fix any that will never work.

Ugh. What's going on? Is the Afternic platform running a 1990's style batch program? Insane.

•••
I am once again having problems getting my BIN landers to show up at Afternic. Anyone else having the same problem?

When I add a new domain name to Afternic with a BIN price, I then locate the name I entered in the portfolio and set the landing page from Request Price (the default) to Buy It Now. When I then enter the name into the browser I expect to see the BIN lander. But I don't. I get the "Want to find if this domain is for sale? Give us a call." lander.

I entered about 20 names last weekend and none of them showed the BIN lander until about 36 hours later. Three days later, I still have two names that are still not showing the lander.

Today I entered a batch of eight names, and set them to BIN. They do not show the BIN lander but instead the "Want to find if this domain is for sale? Give us a call." lander. I expect in a couple days they will show the BIN lander, for most or all. But maybe not.

So when I add names to Afternic now, I have to keep monitoring them for days, tracking which names will never show BIN. And then email my rep to fix any that will never work.

Ugh. What's going on? Is the Afternic platform running a 1990's style batch program? Insane.
same thing for several days now. sent in a ticket and was told it would be fixed within 48hrs. that was 24hrs ogo, i am still waiting.

•••
Same problem here.

#End10yearsofGDmadness_fireCharlesBeadnall

Last edited:
•••

Thanks for your post, I also met this.
I modified the price in bulk on1st July, but the previous price is still displayed on Godaddy.
On the other hand, I tried to access the domain name with the Bin page, but the page that displayed the phone number did not display the price of the domain name. It seems that the sale page of Afternic is very unstable.
Another problem is that there is a domain name added by someone else. After I changed the DNS3 authentication, their system reminded me that I have successfully authenticated, but when jumping to set a buy-it-all price, the page continues to jump to display that this domain name has been used by someone else. After many failures, I have emailed their customer service, no reply yet.

•••
Same problem. You use their beta to select BIN but....nothing happens.....send in ticket......nothing happens. Yep.

•••
I spent time trying to fix this and doing trials and finally it worked the afternic BIN lander , as below steps

1- Change the name server to ns5.afternic.com / ns6.afternic.com
2- From afternic beta change sale lander setting to Buy It Now ( BIN )
3 - Wait 5 minutes and refresh the domain page ..

1688705582044.png

The Result 👇 👇

1688706184570.png

Last edited:
•••
That's exactly how I do it, but alas, no immediate BIN page. And my Afternic representative told me just a couple days ago that he was really sorry, but it just takes up a two days for the BIN page to show up after changing the Sale Lander type to BIN.

This is so odd, because it means that there is a batch program that works through the names either slowly or periodically. So 1990's. There is no other explanation.

But I did tell him that it didn't work this way in the past, even the recent past.

I spent time trying to fix this and doing trials and finally it worked the afternic BIN lander , as below steps

1- Change the name server to ns5.afternic.com / ns6.afternic.com
2- From afternic beta change sale lander setting to Buy It Now ( BIN )
3 - Wait 5 minutes and refresh the domain page ..

Show attachment 242112

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back