IT.COM

Musk wants to make "X - The everything app" and twitter will be a part of it

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pranker

Established Member
Impact
Musk hasn’t done much with X.com — the website currently exists with just a single X on a white background. But when he agreed in May to acquire Twitter for $44 billion, he established a holding company that would swallow Twitter once the acquisition completed, and he named it X Holdings.

In a discussion with Twitter employees earlier in the acquisition process, Musk did bring up a desire to build a “super app,” a concept that has become ubiquitous in China, with offerings like WeChat, but has yet to find an equivalent in the U.S.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/e...y-be-part-of-x-the-everything-app-11664926184

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Oh no, every government MUST step in to stop this now. Immediately cancel everything and regulate this to the hilt. We wouldn't want anyone to be able to misuse this to make "misinformation".

Someone might have thought this was real and... well nothing I suppose. Googled it and realised there was zero coverage so not real??

Everyone knows that misinformation is only acceptable when one side says it.

Last edited:
•••
Oh no, every government MUST step in to stop this now. Immediately cancel everything and regulate this to the hilt. We wouldn't want anyone to be able to misuse this to make "misinformation".

Someone might have thought this was real and... well nothing I suppose. Googled it and realised there was zero coverage so not real??
Don't have to do anything, Elon is his own worst enemy. He should have never went MAGA, that will be his downfall. Twitter was already losing money, he decided to wreck the blue check system, most that pay for check marks are right wingers, BlueSky when opened up fully will take another big chunk from Twitter. Once I saw somebody on the news quote somebody's post on Bluesky, that's all it will take to get it rolling.

This goes against Elon's wish to be a trusted news source. It's a mess.

•••
Twitter is way better since he took it over. Anyone that thought that the blue checkmark system wasn't broken before is deluded 😆

Last edited:
•••
Twitter is way better since he took it over. Anyone that thought that the blue checkmark system wasn't broken before is deluded 😆
You think it's better now, be real. It's a mess. Today was one example, some fake Bloomberg account bought themselves a blue check and spread misinformation.

Give me your best argument that this setup leads to Twitter being a "trusted news source". Tell me how it improves over what was.

Last edited:
•••
Give me your best argument that this setup leads to Twitter being a "trusted news source". Tell me how it improves over what was.
Not shutting accounts down because they don't say orange man bad enough times.

Blue check marks that were SUPPOSED to be a sign of quality and authenticity, but was actually anyone that said orange man bad enough times.

No longer sending out mailshots that are supposed to be "today's news" but was literally the one thing that nobody of sane mind would ever want to read.

No longer highlighting trends that nobody cares about but is what a select few at Twit HQ cared about pushing all day long and suppressing the ones that people did.

Last edited:
•••
You think it's better now, be real. It's a mess. Today was one example, some fake Bloomberg account bought themselves a blue check and spread misinformation.
About 5 people care about this non story. Invented. Pointless. Not news.

•••
Not shutting accounts down because they don't say orange man bad enough times.

Blue check marks that were SUPPOSED to be a sign of quality and authenticity, but was actually anyone that said orange man bad enough times.

No longer sending out mailshots that are supposed to be "today's news" but was literally the one thing that nobody of sane mind would ever want to read.

No longer highlighting trends that nobody cares about but is what a select few at Twit HQ cared about pushing all day long and suppressing the ones that people did.
So you think the blue checks are now a sign of quality and authenticity? How, when anybody can buy them.

And accounts that where shut down were rules violations. Elon does the same thing. Even some of his own supporters are now calling him out. He's just a billionaire that wants to control the message, support Republicans so he can pay less taxes an make Twitter and everything destination, which will fail. He's doing things nobody asked for. Bluesky will probably take a major bite out of them.

Last edited:
•••
So you think the blue checks are now a sign of quality and authenticity? How, when anybody can buy them.

And accounts that where shut down were rules violations. Elon does the same thing. Even some of his own supporters are now calling him out.
They never were. Nothing lost.

Other socials like Tumblr are allowing people to buy a checkmark (more than one in fact). Are they "a mess" as well? Is Facebook a mess cause they want subscriptions? No.

Again, it's caring about things that nobody cares about again. Fighting a battle nobody cares about.

I can only concentrate on this topic for so long before I have to get back to work. A thing that social media users seldom engage in.

•••
Bluesky is kinda cool cos you can have your domain as a username which renders a paid/bluecheck account useless.

They really should take advantage of their build up momentum and get more serious users onboard.

The invitation thing is kinda cool but I'm not sure it will deliver the same hype like back then when Gmail was invite only.

•••
Bluesky is kinda cool cos you can have your domain as a username which renders a paid/bluecheck account useless.

They really should take advantage of their build up momentum and get more serious users onboard.

The invitation thing is kinda cool but I'm not sure it will deliver the same hype like back then when Gmail was invite only.
Hopefully they open it up to the public sometime this year, especially with an election coming up. I'm on the waiting list but who knows how long that will take. I'm kind of curious of what kind of hit Twitter will take when they do.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I think he's making a smart move, the name Twitter will be forgotten when he makes X happen, it will literally be an all-in-one app, not a social media platform that twitter currently is.

•••
Just a reminder, he named 2 of his kids:

X Æ A-12 (aka “X”) and Exa Dark Sideræl

Not listening to your customers has never turned out good.

•••
Hopefully they open it up to the public sometime this year, especially with an election coming up. I'm on the waiting list but who knows how long that will take. I'm kind of curious of what kind of hit Twitter will take when they do.
Half a year later, finally got a code.

Looks a lot like Twitter but I think what they are missing along with Threads is Trending topics/What's Happening. They should add that.

Also, just noticed the official url is bsky.app, bluesky.com is some other site.

Kind of dead.

Big mistake not reserving handles for big brands, might have helped getting them active. Random people have them:

https://bsky.app/profile/amazon.bsky.social

https://bsky.app/profile/netflix.bsky.social

https://bsky.app/profile/sony.bsky.social

https://bsky.app/profile/godaddy.bsky.social - Come mammi - e.g, puppy lover, full time house pet

3 big mistakes
No trending topics
No reserved accounts for major brands
Waited to long to open up/send out invites

Should get these kind of things right from the start.

Last edited:
•••
Now open for everybody, no invite needed

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back