IT.COM

question Moving from one Parking service to another.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoneDeranger

Established Member
Impact
I moved from Sedo to DomainSponsor today. I need to know if there's anything I forgot during the transfer. Here's what i did by now :

1. Added my domains to domain sponsor.
2. changed dns to Domain Sponsor's dns.

Do I need to delete all the domains listed on my Sedo account too ?

Thanks in advance !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nope. What I would do is open up an Above.com account and let Above.com optimize your domains between these two companies. In my experience, I would at least add Parking Crew to your poster of parking companies. Although there are a few people who say Sedo/DS are great parking companies, I think you will find that Parking Crew will perform better most of the time. Also, being candid, I'd say DS's parent company Rook Media will work better than DS. So my choice of parking companies using Above.com would be Voodoo, ParkingCrew and RookMedia. But no problem to continue to use Sedo/DS as well, and see for yourself, after a couple of months of optimization at Above. Once setup, it's easy to turn companies on/off at will. One advantage of using Above, is all your parking stats are in one place and one format. Save a hell of a lot of work when changing companies. Just turn them on/off at Above.

•••
Thank you very much sir, i've decided to move to Voodoo. It will be wise to use Above's optimization service. actually I forgot to do that.. Thanks for reminding me!

•••
You should let Above do the optimization between the companies. If you've just signed up with DS, why are you now moving to Voodoo? You probably need a couple of months of revenues under your belt before you even think about moving. The beauty of using Above.com is you can signup with the companies I've mentioned above, post your domains on Above, and change your nameservers just once to Above. Above will always choose the best parking company to send traffic to (after optimization). so you get the best of all choices because some domains will work better at some parking companies than others. You maximize your revenues. Using just 1 company, is sub-optimizing your revenue.

•••
Wiw
You should let Above do the optimization between the companies. If you've just signed up with DS, why are you now moving to Voodoo? You probably need a couple of months of revenues under your belt before you even think about moving. The beauty of using Above.com is you can signup with the companies I've mentioned above, post your domains on Above, and change your nameservers just once to Above. Above will always choose the best parking company to send traffic to (after optimization). so you get the best of all choices because some domains will work better at some parking companies than others. You maximize your revenues. Using just 1 company, is sub-optimizing your revenue.[/QUOTE

I followed your advice and registered to the service. Also I signed up to parkingcrew. Hope it'll work better for me. Thanks!

•••
So that gives you Sedo, DomainSponsor, Voodoo, and Parking Crew. That should give you a good selection of parking providers for Above.com to work with. Don't rush to judgement. You will probably need 2 months for your parking revenue to be optimized.

•••
I might sound silly, but this service as you described seems like it cannot fail at all. So when will you advise me to back off?

•••
Never. I've been using Above.com for about 3 or so years now. It takes a lot of the drudgery of testing one parking company after another, resetting the nameservers, tabulating the results of each test, changing the nameservers again to the winner in the tests. that's about 4 companies x 2 months = 8-10 months of continual work (of course depending on how many domains you have). If something changes from the status quo, you need to pick up those changes (after you are satisfied that it really is a change, another 2 months of tabulating and checking), and change the nameservers to the new parking company. Above does all this for you, in real-time. without you having to do anything. It's a godsend. Of course, I'm assuming your domains are getting type-in traffic, not bots. You might also still need to tweak your settings for each domain at each parking company. But since Google mostly decides to use their keywords, not yours, the most important factor is already taken care of.

•••
Never. I've been using Above.com for about 3 or so years now. It takes a lot of the drudgery of testing one parking company after another, resetting the nameservers, tabulating the results of each test, changing the nameservers again to the winner in the tests. that's about 4 companies x 2 months = 8-10 months of continual work (of course depending on how many domains you have). If something changes from the status quo, you need to pick up those changes (after you are satisfied that it really is a change, another 2 months of tabulating and checking), and change the nameservers to the new parking company. Above does all this for you, in real-time. without you having to do anything. It's a godsend. Of course, I'm assuming your domains are getting type-in traffic, not bots. You might also still need to tweak your settings for each domain at each parking company. But since Google mostly decides to use their keywords, not yours, the most important factor is already taken care of.

I understand, i'll keep an eye of what happens next. When you say "optimizing" parking seevice/revenues.. What do you take in to consideration

•••
Let Above.com worry about that. But for example. Each parking company is different in what they allow you to tinker with. Some allow you to enter your own keywords, some don't. But this keyword definition is almost obsolete since Google mostly decides what keywords to use. They think they know better than you. Since the keywords are a big component of you total revenue, and it's been taken out of your hands, I usually just let Google decide. YMMV. Some let you tinker with the color of the template, and/or have a choice of templates. But at Voodoo for example, even the owner of Voodoo usually uses (and recommends) the default template. That's why it's the default template, because it mostly provides the best results. YMMV. So I'm talking about very fine tuning here. Since Google are basically dictating both the layout and the keywords, there isn't a whole lot you can do to influence the results. IMHO. We should just be concentrating on which parking company provides the most income. Which is what Above.com does very well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back