Dynadot

Moniker. Issue with renewal! Advice please.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dannyinpt

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,
I hope someone can clarify my situation. I have a .info name with Moniker that expired on 1/6/14, I went online to renew it on the 31st May, their site was down for updates, I email support with my question, nothing heard back. I try again on the 1st when the site is back up, name has gone cannot find a way to see it yet alone renew it, I email support again, you guessed it no reply again. I thought try again today, site is down once again.
My question is as I cannot get onto the site, is there a grace period with Moniker same as some other registrars, if so , what is it? Should I contact icann and see what they say, or at least advise them in case Moniker say tough luck?
Any advice please you clever lot!
Regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Moniker is down. All operations will be resumed at 9:00 am (EDT). They are supposed to be fixing a lot of problems. But if history is anything to go by, that down deadline will be extended and they will only fix about 10% of the problems. I haven't even bothered to login since the change of their software platform, because I'd heard about all their problems. Don't want to fret unneccesarily.

•••
Thanks for the reply, but do you know anything regarding the grace period, or ideas re my domain deletion?

•••
Is the expiry date June 1st or January 6th?

If it's Jan 6th you'll be too late.

If it's June 1st you have plenty of time to renew your domain. You have 40 to 45 days after expiry depending on the TLD. Generally COM/NET/ORG/INFO and other gTLDs follow the ICANN domain lifecycle. You can still transfer a domain out at this time as well, but once the domain goes into redemption you'll have to pay the Registrar a redemption fee, which is usually around $150. So just ensure that you either renew the domain or transfer it out before the 40-45 days expiry grace period.

Also, if the Registrar is ICANN accredited they have to follow the ICANN policies on expiry or they will be in breach of contract following their RAA (Registrar Accreditation Agreement). You can send complaints to ICANN (https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/complaints-2013-03-22-en).

Some TLD's like .cn and co.uk have a quicker expiry period.

Attachments

• gtld-lifecycle.jpg
    gtld-lifecycle.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
•••
Thank you Zmonster, I have emailed them again, awaiting response. I will post how it goes.

•••
That's 5 months since your domain expired. It would have dropped already.

•••
Sorry guys, I am in Europe, the dates work the other way it expired 1st June when their site was down for days on and off. Still trying I will let you know the outcome.

•••
Sorry guys, I am in Europe, the dates work the other way it expired 1st June when their site was down for days on and off. Still trying I will let you know the outcome.
LOL... ok, that makes sense

•••
Hi all,
Issue resolved, I think they responded to all my emails in one day and then followed up the following day etc etc. It is renewed now. Thank you all for the advice and help.
And remember folks, onwards and upwards.
ttfn

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back