Dynadot

Namesilo just took SIX MONTHS to fix a security problem

NameSilo
Watch

Sjpals

Yeah, this is meTop Member
Impact
In April, I tried to use the market site feature in @namesilo and found that other peoples domains were appearing on my account. I also found that they could be accessed in the market place financials section and their BIN prices could be changed.

I complained to namesilo several times as being able to view and alter other peoples BINs is a security problem and they just kept fobbing me off and telling me that a fix was underway.

SIX MONTHS later, after I have given up on using marketsites with namesilo and created my own site, I have been actively transferring domains away from them and I changed my sales portal (for new registrations) from namesilo to internetbs. Then Namesilo FINALLY send me a very short email:

We have removed domains that do not belong to you.
All domains that you adds are automatically added to marketsites.namesilo.com.
NameSilo Support Team

Great, thanks, but that is too little, way too late. Worst customer service response time ever!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SIX MONTHS later, after I have given up on using marketsites with namesilo and created my own site, I have been actively transferring domains away from them and I changed my sales portal (for new registrations) from namesilo to internetbs.
Well, sorry to hear about all the hassle that has been for you.
Has the new site proven to be more helpful anyhow? And, please forgive me if this is a very basic question, but what is "internetbs?"

Hopefully NameSilo will be more responsive in the future, having lost business due to their delay.

•••
I am a website designer, so I have enjoyed creating my own site to display my domain portfolio, and I am now starting to market it. Its going to take a long time to get all my domains on there.

Internetbs is another registrar. They charge in different currencies, which is important because if I pay in AUD, I dont get charged a foreign fee, like I do with other registrars.

•••
@NamePros hi, just realised that there is a registrar review section and that is where this belongs (this is not related to market place, market site is something different). Please move this thread to the correct section and delete this comment, thanks

•••
Thanks for sharing @Sjpals.

I've had issues with NS. I do not use them.

I use Dynadot now.

•••
Thanks for sharing @Sjpals.

I've had issues with NS. I do not use them.

I use Dynadot now.
Thanks for sharing that. Dynadot does appear to get very decent reviews on this forum. Perhaps they will be giving NameCheap and GoDaddy some stiff competition as an upcoming, expanding registrar in the years to come.

•••
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us and please pardon the delay in implementing this fix. It seems like the delay was because this issue only affected a small number of customers. Also, no edits could be made that would have affected the underlying owners of the domains. But we definitely understand your frustration though, and promise to continue striving for improvement and do all we can to win back your business.

•••
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us and please pardon the delay in implementing this fix. It seems like the delay was because this issue only affected a small number of customers. Also, no edits could be made that would have affected the underlying owners of the domains. But we definitely understand your frustration though, and promise to continue striving for improvement and do all we can to win back your business.
Thank you

•••
Thanks for responding to this post. I noticed that Dyanadot is taking an aggressive stand to promote .com transfers for the next month. Perhaps NameSilo may want to consider providing an even better transfer or even renewal discount, at least to those affected by this problem, to try to win customers back.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back