NameSilo

Mike Mann sells LightRock.com for $94,888

Labeled as sales in Domain Industry News, started by equity78, Oct 20, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Alessandro Couteau

Alessandro Couteau Top Contributor VIP

It would not matter who has sold this domain for $94,888 ... it is surprising nonetheless, wether it was a homeless man or Mike Mann

But I corrected myself and said you maybe right about the solar farm, but in this case you corrected yourself and said it was the owners of the .co

Nonetheless there is proof now, so we can say it’s a real sale, but @DomainBarracksRob you of all people should be aware of the false sales and rumors that come up in this industry

I was just reading about wines.com which used to be owned by an old lady from 1994 - 2018, and she’s suing the man who tricked her into selling the name for $50K and that man, Khuram Dhanani was supposed to develop the name and share 50% of the revenue made, but instead he sold that domain to Brent Oxley for supposedly $200K “what he told her” but in 2017 the name had an asking price of $1.2M on SEDO ...

shady stuff happens in this industry all the time, I don’t just trust someone because they have money and I would suggest that you don’t either

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. DomainBarracksRob

DomainBarracksRob Top Contributor VIP

I understand what your saying and you’re make some points.

My point though l is this is not some “random” domainers saying they sold black blah blah for xx,xxxx

It’s Mike Mann doing it Publicly, on All public (Linkdedib Twitter FB )platforms. He’s not going to Risk his reputation and career by “ lying “ about some silly sales prices.......where even the Enduser can see his post and call him out. Just baffles me how unwitting many here are.

I know false sales get reported, im saying Mike does not make his up. That’s all.

Mike has a career name at stake...most people here reading this......do not.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  3. chenzen

chenzen Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I was trying to figure out why you are using "endures" in the previous comment. Now that you are using "Endsure" in this post, I realized you meant "End-user"! :)

4. DomainBarracksRob

Lol thank you I fixed it!

I’m not on my laptop and Im horrible with the iPhone finger typing, specially when I’m in a hurry and then don’t bother to proof read before I post. :)

5. passini

passini Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

400k it is an incredible price we all agree. Anyway boats are very expensive, 5000 for a boat seller is nothing. We should start pricing domains for expensive stuff higher.

Many domainers don't think too much about the endusers. I made this mistake for 10+ years before realizing that it is very important to think who may be interested to buy the name.

Endusers are not domainers, they don't care if the domain is a little longer or if a similar name has sold for less in the past, they care how much that name can help them in their business.

BoatsForSale.com and
    BikesForSale.com may look similar, for sure I would have priced them with a similar price years ago, in reality they are very different, IMHO.

6. Kazzia

Kazzia Established Member

I hear you on the point of the end user and/or products. I also made that mistake when I started. VelcroWallets.com for instance (what a crap name). I am a boat captain and know this industry as good as anyone. You have established yacht brokers that do the high end stuff, and then Yachtworld is the Amazon of boat and yacht sales. I own many of these types of names - much better than boatsforsale.com and they just dont sell. Maybe I should move my prices up from high four figures to six figures and see what happens.

7. Just an FYI... the .CO owners were not the buyers. The buyer was Lightrock Holding AG of Liechtenstein (the .CO owners are situated in New York & New Jersey). More details: https://jamesnames.com/2020/10/94888-buyer-of-lightrock-com-revealed/

8. DomainBarracksRob

Thanks for clarifying I didn’t catch that when I first visited the site or Whois

So how is it we have 2 different companies with the exact same name ??

Which is why I attached it to .co when I visited

Both are called LightRock ...I just didn’t catch one was “ag” and other isn’t

Well like I said in very beginning of this post, this name is GREAT and there is more than several endusers that could use the upgrade.

a tone whom thought or still thinks it’s a bad name still hasn’t done their homework.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  9. niamodsnod

niamodsnod Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Stupid is loose on most of his domains. The people that pay those prices are pure fools and have no right to be on the Internet

10. niamodsnod

I have been domaining 16 years. I have HUNDREDS of names that would destroy half of his name sales. Stupid is loose on the Internet and the more people that see his high sales are the more people that equate it makes sense except OG's like me that know they are 5k names until we all die.

11. chenzen

chenzen Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

It's interesting to see the domain still listed for sale.

12. niamodsnod

Keep this in mind: MM always posts what he paid and it usually is $7-250. Do the new buyers not see this continually happening? I personally believe these companies don't know what they are doing. And I damn sure mean that!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice