Dynadot

news Mike Mann just sold CryptoWorld.com for....

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Mike Mann has just sold CryptoWorld.com for $194,888.

What are your thoughts on the price?

Cryptoworld_sale.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's not the car, it's the driver. :)

Reminds me of the old saying

It's not the size of the ship but the "motion of the ocean" and the "length of the ride" that matters.

HeHe.... not necessarily talking about my ship though :xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

Is this a result of owning so many names? Interested to hear your feedback.

Seriously though.... it's the starlet effect, if I'm famous I can put my name on some mediocre products and they will still sell.

•••
Reminds me of the old saying

It's not the size of the ship but the "motion of the ocean" and the "length of the ride" that matters.

HeHe.... not necessarily talking about my ship though :xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

Seriously though.... it's the starlet effect, if I'm famous I can put my name on some mediocre products and they will still sell.
I don't think his domain industry status is what is selling his domains. I think he has a well-oiled engine doing it's job.

•••
I don't think his domain industry status is what is selling his domains. I think he has a well-oiled engine doing it's job.

I agree with you on that but even his well oiled machine will be able to sell domains the rest of us would struggle with because of the fact the Mike Mann owns the domain.

•••
@MapleDots @Silentptnr I disagree. I don't think anyone outside of our very small niche of domaining has a clue who Mike Mann is. I highly doubt the folks at Binance were quaking in their boots at having to deal with the almighty domainer that is Mike Mann.

This is a classic case of a seller (Mike Mann) having big balls and a buyer with deep pockets. @Mike Mann is the best in the business when it comes to sales like this, not because of some celebrity status, but because he has the biggest balls.

Last edited:
•••
@MapleDots @Silentptnr I disagree. I don't think anyoine outside of our very small niche of domaining has a clue who Mike Mann is. I highly doubt the folks at Binance were quaking in their boots at having to deal with the almighty domainer that is Mike Mann.

This is a classic case of a seller (Mike Mann) having big balls and a buyer with deep pockets. @Mike Mann is the best in the business when it comes to sales like this, not because of some celebrity status, but because he has the biggest balls.

You are absolutely correct Dave

I was definitely not talking about this domain, I was more talking about some of the not so great names in his portfolio.

Nobody can argue that CryptoWorld is not a strong viable sale.

•••
Are these the kind of names fetching $15k in 2018?

Is this a result of owning so many names? Interested to hear your feedback.
Well the wider the net, the more likely you are of having a name that someone wants
It's not the car, it's the driver. :)
And yes, if you have an offer, work it to the best price you can.

•••
The correct reason I was able to sell that particular name at that particular price is statistical likelihood, given I have 300,000 incredible .Com domains, many with high prices; the ones that hit good market timing hit good market price, randomly. And with the Trump economy and Bitcoin economy, there is extra cash at the moment for players to play. So I will sell tons of expensive domains just based on statistical likelihood. Nobody ever paid an extra cent thinking Im God I can assure you.
I like the domain marketing strategy of "Statistical Likelihood". I just recently purchased some excellent domain names using that same philosophy and I was a little reluctant in the beginning...:xf.wink:

•••
I would imagine you'd need quite a few years renewal in the bank though to run statistically.

•••
•••
I would love to know what it feels like to buy domain for xx and sell for xxx,xxx

•••
Excellent domain probably worth closer to $500,000 but you still did ok.

•••
Any sales today @Mike Mann ? Please share. It is really awesome seeing your results!

•••
Some coin domains that sold at sedo a while back never moved, or looks like were not paid for... coinportal.com $10,250 coinwizard.com $7,500

CryptoWorld.com still at enom, looks to be paid as sedo is holding, maybe waiting to transfer out as enom is super slow? Hard to say

•••
I would love to know what it feels like to buy domain for xx and sell for xxx,xxx
It feels great for a month, until you get the renewal bill for 350,000 other domains

•••
Great job done by the salesperson as there could have been a dozen names of equal value to sell for less.

•••
The reason Mike Mann sells them for high sums is because he asks for high sums. And are probably very skilled on how to negotiate deals. Learn from the Mann! [I'm 24 hours no sleep, hand regging domains]

•••
I still don't see any real proof of this sale... a few weeks elapsed...
Sedo in WHOIS... and unchanged nameservers as well.

•••
MM owns many domains, so the law of averages dictates that the number of WTF sales is going to be statistically higher.
You can afford to aim very high when you have a lot of domains, enough quality domains, and money in the bank. You can say no when you don't need to sell domains to pay your bills and you have the patience to wait 10 years or more for the perfect offer.
That's why domainers trying to emulate Mann or Schwarz will fail: their circumstances are totally different.
It's like pretending you will become the next Warren Buffett while dabbling in penny stocks after your 9 to 5 day job.
No.
You have to learn from them but at the same time you need to understand you're not playing in the same playground. If that is what you want, then you have to do what it takes.

•••
RS is Similiar to Warren Buffett. Both highly successful in their fields and when they give honest advice. They don't fluff 'around like phonies. The thing with the big names in the domain name industry. They began early and made their first and last name a staple. SomeAquired top domain names as early as the the mid-ninties.

Folks, if people aren't knocking at your door. You need to start connecting with businesses which can put one of your a domain name to good use. That story I heard so many times on here. That you have to wait 10 years for a domain name to sell. Pure bull., get on the phone today and start connecting with businesses!

Last edited:
•••
I still don't see any real proof of this sale... a few weeks elapsed...
Sedo in WHOIS... and unchanged nameservers as well.
The fact it is sedo transfer, would mean money is there?

Two other sales that happend at sedo coinportal.com and coinwizard.com are not which means they are not paid for.

Given the buyer they have the means for payment, so I’m sure M M would be bashing them if he was not paid yet.

•••
Folks, if people aren't knocking at your door. You need to start connecting with businesses which can put one of your a domain name to good use.
Or you need to question your portfolio...

•••
Or you need to question your portfolio...
Yes, of course. Like Rick Schwartz said many times. Don't buy #pigeons__t and stick to dotcom.

•••
This strictly depends on the buyer's caliber...
And on the seller's skills to do negotiations...

For ~100% of endusers - all domainers are equal, they don't know them and don't think about them.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just read that Mike sold RevolutionResources com for 9888!

Hang regged then held for 8 years.

Great reg and great patience! Congrats @Mike Mann !

Also mentioned you will be discontinuing accepting Bitcoin. Any particular reason?
Stripe stopped settling them for us so we are out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back