Dynadot

news Mike Mann just sold CryptoWorld.com for....

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Mike Mann has just sold CryptoWorld.com for $194,888.

What are your thoughts on the price?

Cryptoworld_sale.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is the size of one's balls that matters when it comes to getting sales of this size and calibre.

Mike Mann has very big balls.

99% of domainers would sell CryptoWorld.com for $10k or less.

If you want big money, you got to have big balls.

•••
I seriously doubt anyone knows who Mike Mann is outside of the domaining community...

Maybe CryptoWorld should have sold for less, maybe he could have gotten more.... Why does this personally upset you so much?

I don't "follow" anyone, worship any human, or believe anyone is above anyone else. I just believe in giving credit where it is due.

He sold the domain, he will cash the check. The rest of us are just here talking about it.

Try not to be sour when someone else succeeds as it does not hinder your success.

•••
It is the size of one's balls that matters when it comes to getting sales of this size and calibre.

Well said.

I was thinking along the same lines...

The fact he had the testicular fortitude to ask for that much resulted in a good sale.

Last edited:
•••

He has "big balls" because he has a big followerbase sucking it for him. In other words, he wouldn't be making all these unrealistic sales if people didn't praise him.

I seriously doubt anyone knows who Mike Mann is outside of the domaining community...

Maybe CryptoWorld should have sold for less, maybe he could have gotten more.... Why does this personally upset you so much?

I don't "follow" anyone, worship any human, or believe anyone is above anyone else. I just believe in giving credit where it is due.

He sold the domain, we will cash the check. The rest of us are just here talking about it.

Try not to be sour when someone else succeeds as it does not hinder your success.
You're right, I don't know Mike Mann on a personal level and I'm not taking shots at him.
I'm taking shots at the industry, as these domains are getting sold for unbelievable prices for something they're not worth, and everyone praises the sellers as their "gods".

•••
He has "big balls" because he has a big followerbase sucking it for him. In other words, he wouldn't be making all these unrealistic sales if people didn't praise him.

You're right, I don't know Mike Mann on a personal level and I'm not taking shots at him.
I'm taking shots at the industry, as these domains are getting sold for unbelievable prices for something they're not worth, and everyone praises the sellers as their "gods".
I'm not praising the Mann (see what I did there?), I'm praising the sell.

Regardless of your sour attitude - I hope that you accomplish this one day as well. That is just how nice of a guy I am. :xf.grin:

Higher prices on domains benefits all of us that hold them.

And once again - I don't think anyone outside of the domain industry knows who Mike Mann is. He makes these sales because he is willing to ask for it. Period.

•••
If you knew that the buyer is Binance would you raise the price for CryptoWorld.com?
without that knowledge. Seriously, why is everyone thinking it is so bad that a guy got an ROI from investment?

•••
I'm very optimistic. The only delusion here is you talking about me. Again, that was the best you could come with?
Now that is a laughable statement, you are the most pessimistic user here.

•••
•••
Now that is a laughable statement, you are the most pessimistic user here.
He's very optimistic about the domaining industry going to sh*t, because people don't know how to value a domain properly, and praise certain people (y)

•••
Ya, I don't praise anyone just for having a name in the industry. I have been here for well over a decade, so I know every one of the big player's names, but while I met the Domain King (and did not care too much about that meeting), but the obviously pessimistic attitude is not getting anyone anywhere.

•••
Guys, ten-year veteran reader of DnJournal weekly sales chart here. If this sale is real and legitimate, it is an extreme outlier. "CryptoWorld" is worth about 1500-3000 to an end user and about 500-1000 to a domainer, with a pretty strong confidence interval.

"World"= Pretty 90s sounding to me. The sheer breadth of similar vaguely branded names means that this was an astonishingly poor decision if $195,000 was really spent on it.

things were different 10 years ago.
today we have something called crypto
its what gives domain the value
check it out. cheers

•••
check it out. cheers
Also, the economy itself is different under a more laissez-faire system than under an authoritarian one.

•••
check it out. cheers
Yup, you're correct! Ten years ago people had common sense.
Today we don't have something called common sense.
Not having common sense is what makes these sales possible.
Many domainers should learn about common sense!

•••
Have some domainers forgotten that outside of our niche industry nobody else has a clue what we even do, let alone cares about the so called 'big players'. It is highly likely the buyer of Cryptoworld.com doesn't give a shit about Mike Mann's domaining achievements.

Last edited:
•••
And what (in your opinion) should people do? Sell their names for less than they are worth simply because you say so? Would that be more to your liking?

•••
And what (in your opinion) should people do? Sell their names for less than they are worth simply because you say so? Would that be more to your liking?
People can price their names at whatever they want, and if they sell it, great for them they get a pat on the back. I'm just expressing my opinions on how this industry is falling when domains like cryptoworld.com are selling for $195,000 and then domains that are way better than cryptoworld, can't even sell for $500.

•••
•••
People can price theirnames at whatever they want, and if they sell it, great for them they get a pat on the back. I'm just expressing my opinions on how this industry is falling when domains like cryptoworld.com are selling for $195,000 and then domains that are way better than cryptoworld, can't even sell for $500.
I still wonder what domain you are holding in your bag that has you so upset about this sale?

Why is it such a big deal to you if someone else has a nice pay day? If you get a 200k for a domain in the future should we then despise you? Would any future sales you make be negated because you are now a "big dog"?

•••
I still wonder what domain you are holding in your bag that has you so upset about this sale?

Why is it such a big deal to you if someone else has a nice pay day? If you get a 200k for a domain in the future should we then despise you? Would any future sales you make be negated because you are now a "big dog"?
I'm not holding any "kick-ass" domain that didn't sell, I'm speaking out to the hundreds of thousands of people on here that do have better domains than cryptoworld and have no luck selling them.

It's not a big deal for me if someone has a nice pay day, at the end of the day they sold the domain and they got the money. I have nothing against Mike Mann, I'm simply criticizing the industry for domains like this being sold for unrealistic prices, while domains actually worth good money, struggle to sell.

•••
Lets hope he got paid in cash and not crypto :p

•••
I'm not holding any "kick-ass" domain that didn't sell, I'm speaking out to the hundreds of thousands of people on here that do have better domains than cryptoworld and have no luck selling them.

It's not a big deal for me if someone has a nice pay day, at the end of the day they sold the domain and they got the money. I have nothing against Mike Mann, I'm simply criticizing the industry for domains like this being sold for unrealistic prices, while domains actually worth good money, struggle to sell.
The end users determine demand. There is no reason to criticize the industry when an end user decides to spend their money as they see fit.

•••
Lets hope he got paid in cash and not crypto :p
It was via Sedo - so imagine it was not a crypto transaction.

•••

Again, what names do you (or a friend) have that are (in your opinion) worth the same or more? Also, prices are subjective. If he has a buyer that wants to pay X for X then there is nothing really worth criticizing.

Last edited:
•••

I know someone who owns a 1 word premium dictionary .com domain name from the 90's. One that you would expect to sell for 6 figures all day long. You know what? They can't sell it as easily as you would think.

You know what this means don't you? That sometimes, no matter how good your domain name is, it just will not sell until the right buyer comes along. That is exactly what has happened with CryptoWorld.com. The buyer wanted the domain name, they had enough funds and they paid for it. Simple as that.

I don't understand you criticising the industry. Because some good domains didn't sell? Oh well, it happens a lot.

•••
I know someone who owns a 1 word premium dictionary .com domain name from the 90's. One that you would expect to sell for 6 figures all day long. You know what? They can't sell it as easily as you would think.

You know what this means don't you? That sometimes, no matter how good your domain name is, it just will not sell until the right buyer comes along. That is exactly what has happened with CryptoWorld.com. The buyer wanted the domain name, they had enough funds and they paid for it. Simple as that.

I don't understand you criticising the industry. Because some good domains didn't sell? Oh well, it happens a lot.

its different for this domain.. vs the perosn you know.
for better or worse, there is nothing hotter on the planet now than crypto.
its why the domain sold now.. for what it sold.
and it should have sold for double that at least.
I guess we all have our opinions.
cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back