IT.COM

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Metavarce.com

E9qGWarVUAActZm

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
М/е/t/а/Е/Т/Р . соm

ЕТР = Ехсhаngе Тrаdеd Рrоduсt

Last edited:
•••
I'm just going to leave this right here (see twee below). I think it's very possible that the term will become obsolete by 2027, while VR, XR & AR will continue to be used. Metaverse is a hype word that I suspect will not age very well after VR is common place. Another word is likely to replace it or people will simply call it the internet.

It's very possible that words like Crypto and a blockchain will sound very old and out dated as well someday. It will be interesting to come back here after 10 - 15 years to see how funny these threads will look like...

I don't know how you guys are, but remember how "CYBER" and "CYBER WORLD" and "MATRIX" (Before the movie) were the coolest tech words? Here we are 25 years later and those words have mostly fallen to the Branding waste side.... With the exception of cyber security and "digital".

In the meantime, before terms turn old, there is of course money to be made, so GL with sales!

Last edited:
•••
•••
I don't care what happens as long as those last sentences of yours are correct

This is the story for many if not most "buzz words". There is at least a hype cycle in which most sales will happen.

But on some occasions new buzzwords emerge that are for things that are vital to our living and STICK as brandwords, like Cloud, Online, Virtual, Network, Digital and 3D, which really were trendy buzzwords in the early days. Again, but because they represent things we NEED, they outlasted their hype cycle and can be found in domain sales daily/weekly.

Time will tell if Metaverse is a word/concept we'll need in the long run, and for how long...

Hopefully for long enough for a bunch of us to make a nice return. Let's see, because the hype cycle of some words dissipate as soon as the tech/idea becomes a reality, like the tweet beautifully illustrates.

Last edited:
•••
I think the term metaverse is here to stay next to the internet. If you are online you can choose to apply AR/VR to the existing internet or you can enter a Metaverse and do everything that is possible with your avatar or digital twin. Just like social media, Metaverse will become a term. The question is what is it going to call when you use it.... internet = web and online. metaverse = ???

Digital twins is a market that will grow alongside the metaverse.

•••
I think the term metaverse is here to stay next to the internet. If you are online you can choose to apply AR/VR to the existing internet or you can enter a Metaverse and do everything that is possible with your avatar or digital twin. Just like social media, Metaverse will become a term. The question is what is it going to call when you use it.... internet = web and online. metaverse = ???

digital twins sounds mega lame..I hope we dont end up using it

•••
digital twins sounds mega lame..I hope we dont end up using it

Like it or not, the term has already been adopted. digital twins are the foundations that the metaverse is build on.

•••
Like it or not, the term has already been adopted. digital twins are the foundations that the metaverse is build on.

Digital Twins are commonly used by municipalities while creating their smart city strategies. They end up modeling the city in 3D and showcase features, savings, structural changes, new roads, landscaping etc before they actually realize it.

I think the term will stay, but mostly for these purposes.

Last edited:
•••
Nft and the metaverse wil be next for digital twins.

•••

You have to view this with a very sober, clear imagination. Peel away the hype and the reality is that "The Metaverse" will in fact just be a bunch of corporations with playgrounds, sand boxes like Roblox and Fortnite and any other place online that you can build, play and interact with people virtually and they will likely never absolutely require VR headsets, so they will resemble what we've already been seeing with virtual worlds for the last God damn 30 years.

The Metaverse isn't a new technology... It's just a new brand for ancient technologies, so talking about it as though it's a new thing is misleading, and you end up making very unlikely assumptions about how the term will be used beyond it being a mere brandword.

When people are in a game they mention that theyre either in the name of the game they're in or they simply say they're online. I highly suspect that this is unlikely to change just because a Corporation lables their playground a "Metaverse".

Metaverses are just open worlds, right? ... We've had them for decades and the only thing that's changing/advancing is what we can do inside of them. Metaverse is merely a hyped buzzword and a fun recycled idea that will be brand new for a lot of younger people (Gen Z) but absolutely ancient of an actual thing we use daily.

The best existing example of a Metaverse is Decentraland. It literally IS the decentralized Metaverse that these corps like Epic Games and FB wish they had thought of first, powered by the blockchain and NFTs with a thriving economy with events and virtual businesses. It's founders refer to it as *a* Metaverse, just like all the others will. So the question is, do you see people inside Decentraland saying they're "in the Metaverse" to refer to the fact that they're in Decentraland or do they simply say they're in Decentraland? I don't visit it personally as I find the idea of a Metaverse mostly boring and would rather play a game, but if I were to make a bet I'd put my money on people saying they're in "decentraland" just as we've been doing with virtual worlds for the last 30 God damn years 😆.. Metaverse is a buzzword that will likely change nothing about that....but let's see!

Last edited:
•••
You have to view this with a very sober, clear imagination. Peel away the hype and the reality is that "The Metaverse" will in fact just be a bunch of corporations with playgrounds, sand boxes like Roblox and Fortnite and any other place online that you can build, play and interact with people virtually and they will likely never absolutely require VR headsets, so they will resemble what we've already been seeing with virtual worlds for the last God damn 30 years.

The Metaverse isn't a new technology... It's just a new brand for ancient technologies, so talking about it as though it's a new thing is misleading, and you end up making very unlikely assumptions about how the term will be used beyond it being a mere brandword.

When people are in a game they mention that theyre either in the name of the game they're in or they simply say they're online. I highly suspect that this is unlikely to change just because a Corporation lables their playground a "Metaverse".

Metaverses are just open worlds, right? ... We've had them for decades and the only thing that's changing/advancing is what we can do inside of them. Metaverse is merely a hyped buzzword and a fun recycled idea that will be brand new for a lot of younger people (Gen Z) but absolutely ancient of an actual thing we use daily.

The best existing example of a Metaverse is Decentraland. It literally IS the decentralized Metaverse that these corps like Epic Games and FB wish they had thought of first, powered by the blockchain and NFTs with a thriving economy with events and virtual businesses. It's founders refer to it as *a* Metaverse, just like all the others will. So the question is, do you see people inside Decentraland saying they're "in the Metaverse" to refer to the fact that they're in Decentraland or do they simply say they're in Decentraland? I don't visit it personally as I find the idea of a Metaverse mostly boring and would rather play a game, but if I were to make a bet I'd put my money on people saying they're in "decentraland" just as we've been doing with virtual worlds for the last 30 God damn years 😆.. Metaverse is a buzzword that will likely change nothing about that....but let's see!

Edited heavily ^

•••

What your describing is similar to technological determinism - companies come up with the hype to make us feel it is needed for a better life (more complicated than that and I need to do some more reading on it as looks interesting)

Really good article below - well worth a read....some good links in there to follow up on to.....

What is the metaverse? A high-tech plan to Facebookify the world
https://theconversation.com/what-is-the-metaverse-a-high-tech-plan-to-facebookify-the-world-165326

I think it is going to be much bigger than individual playgrounds........I like Pokemon's idea of one metaverse overlapping with everyday life and you can pop into these individual meta playgrounds, shops, galleries, museums, sports events etc etc at will........

Last edited:
•••
It's here to stay. You need to be connected online to the crypto/XR industry to understand how deep it is.

Good luck, I won't be posting here a lot from now on

No time.

•••
MetaverseParadise
MetaverseUpgrade
MetaverseDiscovery

•••
It's here to stay. You need to be connected online to the crypto/XR industry to understand how deep it is.

Good luck, I won't be posting here a lot from now on

No time.

Primitive Metaverses have been here already and have continued to evolve and advance for decades... No one argues if there will be "a Metaverse" or not. The tech is already here and it will continue to be here and hopefully grow as a connected network. The longevity of the tech vs the how long "Metaverse" will be used as a brandword are two completely different discussions. XR is here to stay, VR is here to stay, Metaverse is here to stay. But will "Metaverse" survive as a brandword? That has yet to be determined. I hope it does! I have about 25 - 30 Metaverse names total. I think it's an awesome word, but I am concerned that it will fall to the waste side like "cyber world/space/net", "matrix", "information super highway" and other boomastic, FUTURISTIC , hyped up, similar terms that came and left (branding wise).

One thing is for sure, AR, VR and XR seem to have a more certain future brandword/domain investing wise.

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
A few of mine…😁

MetaMoola
MetaCashier
MetaverseShopper
MetaverseLandPlots

•••
•••
•••
•••
Let me tell you how we will be named in metaverse before Zuck will grab it from my PC using it's Oculus spying software.
A virtual twin/avatar will be named Variant, that is why i was lucky to hand reg metavariant and today i decide to reg the plural because you people don't deserve to have it. :D

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back