NameSilo

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I'm just going to leave this right here (see twee below). I think it's very possible that the term will become obsolete by 2027, while VR, XR & AR will continue to be used. Metaverse is a hype word that I suspect will not age very well after VR is common place. Another word is likely to replace it or people will simply call it the internet.

It's very possible that words like Crypto and a blockchain will sound very old and out dated as well someday. It will be interesting to come back here after 10 - 15 years to see how funny these threads will look like...

I don't know how you guys are, but remember how "CYBER" and "CYBER WORLD" and "MATRIX" (Before the movie) were the coolest tech words? Here we are 25 years later and those words have mostly fallen to the Branding waste side.... With the exception of cyber security and "digital".

In the meantime, before terms turn old, there is of course money to be made, so GL with sales!

I agree in some ways. The company who creates 'the metaverse’ where most people hang out will give it a whole new name ie:- in Ready Player One the metaverse was called ‘Oasis’.

I do think the concept of a ‘metaverse’ is going to happen, as that is the ultimate goal but as for Metaverse+word domain names being relevant and being in demand. We live in the ‘uni-verse’ right now, are universe+word domains in demand?

Is UniverseShop dot com a highly premium domain name? I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn’t even hand register it.

Are domain names even needed inside a 'meta-verse'? :-/ If you think they are, are you foreseeing how we will all be connected to the internet inside this metaverse?, if you think domains are needed i'd ask why do you think old/current methods for connecting to the web (www.com's on a desktop) within a metaverse will be needed?

It's like someone in the 1980's thinking a VHS player will still be needed to watch movies in the 2020's.

These are my concerns of a 'metaverse' and even VR/AR (domain investing wise).

Last edited:
•••
I recommend you people to watch (Loki 2021 TV Series), the first season is fully available, to understand the idea of variants through different verses of the timeline.

Regarding Metaverse, it is not excluded that Metaverse will fade, there are prety allot of other names worth used for a Metaverse website or AR/VR/XR/MR/MV reality experiences.
I see Metaverse as a Internet, every website we register today will be developed by different people which will be accessed inside this Metaverse like we use today the internet with different names.
The problem is that there are reptiloids like Zuckerberg which want to control the whole internet, the reason why many domains are not sold yet is because of Zuck's FB and of similar social media that eat the organic people who don't need domain names, simple as that.

•••
I recommend you people to watch (Loki 2021 TV Series), the first season is fully available, to understand the idea of variants through different verses of the timeline.

Regarding Metaverse, it is not excluded that Metaverse will fade, there are prety allot of other names worth used for a Metaverse website or AR/VR/XR/MR/MV reality experiences.
I see Metaverse as a Internet, every website we register today will be developed by different people which will be accessed inside this Metaverse like we use today the internet with different names.
The problem is that there are reptiloids like Zuckerberg which want to control the whole internet, the reason why many domains are not sold yet is because of Zuck's FB and of similar social media that eat the organic people who don't need domain names, simple as that.

Yeah 1 company controlling a metaverse, they would essentially be ‘god’ within it, I think the Oasis in Ready Player One was run like that. I don’t know how the end concept is going to work, it's the multi-trillion dollar question, but I do like your concept in that it would be run just like the internet and not just 1 person/or company can control the metaverse and potenitally turn it off/do what they like with it.

Last edited:
•••
I agree in some ways. The company who creates 'the metaverse’ where most people hang out will give it a whole new name ie:- in Ready Player One the metaverse was called ‘Oasis’.

I do think the concept of a ‘metaverse’ is going to happen, as that is the ultimate goal but as for Metaverse+word domain names being relevant and being in demand. We live in the ‘uni-verse’ right now, are universe+word domains in demand?

Is UniverseShop dot com a highly premium domain name? I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn’t even hand register it.

Are domain names even needed inside a 'meta-verse'?

If you think they are, are you foreseeing how we will all be connected to the internet inside this metaverse?, if you think domains are needed i'd ask why do you think old/current methods for connecting to the web (www.com's on a desktop) within a metaverse will be needed?

It's like someone in the 1980's thinking a VHS player will still be needed to watch movies in the 2020's.

These are my concerns of a 'metaverse' and even VR/AR (domain investing wise).

The point that most people are missing here and will continue to miss, because they have too much hype and scifi clouding their judgement is that Ready Player One type concepts are and will remain 100% fiction, because these closed, corporate, walled gardens that are in development are mere cash cow, miniverse distractions from *the* true open source, hyperlinked Metaverse that has been here all along since the 80s. My personal prediction is that these corporate, walled gardens will not want to cooperate and interlink and it will be a fractured mess. Meanwhile the true Metaverse will continue to develop, guided by the WWW Consortium. It will become easier, bigger, because it's interlinked and truly endless and will feel as infinitely large as the internet, because it will be a virtual layer integrated on top of the internet world that already exists. Yes there will be couple of corps that will succeed in having their fan bases but those places will be costly to maintain when you have a free Metaverse available, so they will try to find ways to catch traffick and integrate with the true, open Metaverse that has been around for 35 years, so it will be a mix of private play founds in an open internet.

Imagine you're at site that was built by a college kid in 15 minutes using the WordPress CMS equivalent of a virtual site builder. You navigate to another site via portal (they already exist) or you type in the address to another world. This next world could be much larger and corporate built so more elaborate in its own coding framework and sub worlds to explore. Then you have similar with AR sites and experiences. This is a mixture of monetized and unmonetized experiences inside the internet we already have.

Im not going to spell it out to people here... When you understand all of this this the tweet will be clearer to you.

Last edited:
•••
The point that most people are missing here and will continue to miss, because they have too much hype and scifi clouding their judgement is that Ready Player One type concepts are and will remain 100% fiction, because these closed, corporate, walled gardens that are in development are mere cash cow, miniverse distractions from *the* true open source, hyperlinked Metaverse that has been here all along since the 80s. My personal prediction is that these corporate, walled gardens will not want to cooperate and interlink and it will be a fractured mess. Meanwhile the true Metaverse will continue to develop, guided by the WWW Consortium. It will become easier, bigger, because it's interlinked and truly endless and will feel as infinitely large as the internet, because it will be a virtual layer integrated on top of the internet world that already exists. Yes there will be couple of corps that will succeed in having their fan bases but those places will be costly to maintain when you have a free Metaverse available, so they will try to find ways to catch traffick and integrate with the true, open Metaverse that has been around for 35 years, so it will be a mix of private play founds in an open internet.

Imagine you're at site that was built by a college kid in 15 minutes using the WordPress CMS equivalent of a virtual site builder. You navigate to another site via portal (they already exist) or you type in the address to another world. This next world could be much larger and corporate built so more elaborate in its own coding framework and sub worlds to explore. Then you have similar with AR sites and experiences. This is a mixture of monetized and unmonetized experiences inside the internet we already have.

Im not going to spell it out to people here... When you understand all of this this the tweet will be clearer to you.

One if my favorite sayings in the dev community is that the metaverse is already here, it's just text and image based. It's been here all along and people keep talking about when it comes or when some corporation builds it... Those are setback distractions. These corps will distract a lot of funding and will postpone the metaverse by a few years unfortunately. But we will realize that the internet is the least costly, most advantageous route to a true Metaverse... In fact... It's the only route.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
check meetaverse.com too

Yeah, I guess people can invent all sorts of brandables that look and/or sound like Metaverse. Why not if the main names are gone. :xf.smile:

•••
Yeah, I guess people can invent all sorts of brandables that look and/or sound like Metaverse. Why not if the main names are gone. :xf.smile:

Got:

metARverse
+
Metaverseo

.com's

A few years ago I had Mettaverse.com. Eventually dropped it :grumpy:

•••
Got:

metARverse
+
Metaverseo

.com's

A few years ago I had Mettaverse.com. Eventually dropped it :grumpy:

Brandables are always fun to dabble in. I have just a handful like

MetaVerx /.com
MetaVersent /.com

•••
http://www.metaverse.com/ : Registerd by MarkMonitor, Inc...so there is no chance for investor because it will go 7 figure.

Metavrse.com : Live site
Mytaverse.com : Livesite

The last one MytaVrse.com : Just picked.

•••

so it will be named variant cause Loki says so? careful there.. loki likes to lie.

•••
All this talk about variants. All I can think of is covid 😕.... The meaning of variant means different... A variation. You can put your own personal take on any word you want but don't expect making up shit is going to be a profitable domain strategy lol...

•••
All this talk about variants. All I can think of is covid 😕.... The meaning of variant means different... A variation. You can put your own personal take on any word you want but don't expect making up shit is going to be a profitable domain strategy lol...
No I will wait Bob Hawkes to create a blog post or Zuck and Elon to say it, you will be called repeaters because you like to repeat what big "CEO's" say.

•••
No I will wait Bob Hawkes to create a blog post or Zuck and Elon to say it, you will be called repeaters because you like to repeat what big "CEO's" say.

Yes, call me a repeater, like how you like to repeat what fictional characters say, only difference is using what CEOs create as a standard industry lingo makes money in domaining. "Repeated" the generic terms in a domain that people are searching in Google is called EMD. They happen to be profitable, so I highly recommend you research about them some.

And yes, I get that you're taking a hard risk. I get it. So am I with MV, but there is and has been for a decade, a handful of people using MV to represent Metaverse, and it's an abbreviation, so there is some kind of logic behind it instead of some random, very loose correlation with a TV show that had a limited audience and isn't even remotely related to virtual, digital worlds.

If I get even a hint that CEOs will start using it, I will humbly reconsider, but so far there are zero reasons to do so, especially considering the universe of SciFi terminologies out there that may even be better suitors as an alternative to Avatar.

Just my take man...i hope in wrong and Variant becomes all the rave and you cash oit sone great names!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Guys, floor is Lava.🔥

I don’t get this. Lava is molten rock, you can’t walk on it, and if you do you’ll probably die.

You are heavily invested in metaverse+word domains right? So are you telling people not to invest because they’ll get burned and die (in this case losing money)?

I don't understand the need in trying to be clever and speaking in riddles.

Last edited:
•••
Sir Jamie I thought he just meant tht floor prices for Metaverse domains are hot (on fire) .. Which would be a good thing . That would mean don’t sell for peanuts I would assume …

Last edited:
•••
Sorry no time, just joined for a sec.

Riddle me that.

•••
He means that Metaverse is on fire right now... Headlines and everything...which is accurate.

•••
Sir Jamie I thought he just meant tht floor prices for Metaverse domains are hot (on fire) .. Which would be a good thing . That would mean don’t sell for peanuts I would assume …

Right that makes more sense. I’ve heard of floor price but no one saying “floor is lava” but just put it into Twitter and seems like something the NFT crew are saying a lot.

I’m approaching 40, so will put it down to I’m getting old and not up to scratch with new internet slang.

Last edited:
•••
I don’t get this. Lava is molten rock, you can’t walk on it, and if you do you’ll probably die.

You are heavily invested in metaverse+word domains right? So are you telling people not to invest because they’ll get burned and die (in this case losing money)?

I don't understand the need in trying to be clever and speaking in riddles.

it's a kid's game where you can't touch the floor when someone yells the floor is lava. I can totally see how that goes....A child says shout the floor is lave !!.... and then you come with your text about
"Lava is molten rock, you can’t walk on it, and if you do you’ll probably die" Haha, so funny, lol!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back