Dynadot

question Main differences between expired and auction domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BetoWH7

Established Member
Impact
hello i want to ask for your inputs and guidance so i can learn the basic differences between expired and auction bought domains

i clearly understand that:
  • price will be a major difference
  • the number of backlinks and ranking keywords the domain has will be different
  • the traffic the domain gets
my main questions are:

if the owner of a domain AUCTIONS IT ( SELLs IT ) it means that they are actively resigning for the domain and that's why they are selling it, can there be any trademark issues on buying and auction domain even if the seller is selling it on their own will.

if i buy an expired domain can there be trademark issues, and the previous owner demand the domain back even if they let if go and expire ?

thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if i buy an expired domain can there be trademark issues, and the previous owner demand the domain back even if they let if go and expire ?

thank you
No, unless you buy something like facebook.extension and make it a social networking site... then you will have an issue... If you buy facebook.extension and it has nothing to do with anything just a sales page you will be ok although buying names like that never resell for any money because of this reason all together... copyright issues! Avoid names that are close to brands/bands/corporations etc....

If someone dumps a domain and "demands" it back... well they are out of luck.

Good luck to you! :xf.cool:

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back