IT.COM

Differences Between .com and .us

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

What are Differences Between .com and .us domains.

I mean how many time less is worth domain US from COM

What can you tell me about rest of this differences ?

Waiting for replies

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Like one thousand times?? ;)

COM is the one. US is just fine (growing though).

•••
I just can tell you that a 3 letter .com worths mor ethan 1000$ and a 3 letter .us domain worts 15$

•••
.US is only for the United States...

.COM is for international commercial uses... and it's more recognizable.

•••
There is not a single-answer that can adequately address this question. Read, learn, experience the market, these are the only way to find the information you seek.

I will make a quick analogy....

A Ferrari is a great car. Fast, legendary and very expensive.

A Honda is also a great car. Not as fast, not as legendary, but a fraction of the price.

Both are great cars. Both are quality products.

Depending on the budget, the purpose, and the person - they both can be perfect fits.

AND... there is plenty of room of the highway for both. :)

monRa said:
I just can tell you that a 3 letter .com worths mor ethan 1000$ and a 3 letter .us domain worts 15$

That's for average, or less desirable letters. Good quality letters or acronyms sell for much more. We've reached the point now where high quality 3 letter .US domains have sold for as much or more than low/lesser quality 3 letter .COM domains.

•••
.com is and probably always will be worth more than .us, unless something drastically changes in the future.

More people recognise .com and would rather click a .com than a .us.

•••
.com > .net > .org > .us (if I am not mistaken)

•••
I would say .com is da father of all domains and .us would be a small kiddo rite now...would grow up great though..

•••
.com > .net > .us > .info > .co.uk > .cc > .org > anything else

... IMHO.

•••
In some cases, I'd rather have a .US than a .COM. For example: www.MadeInThe.US or Join.us

•••
it is simple. Com is more valuable :) and always will be.

•••
Given the choice between a Crappy .com and a Great Keyword rich .us
The .US is BEST
if same name .US is maybe 10% - 50% of the value depending on the Market
ReallyCrappyName.us is not worth much ,but neither is ReallyCrappyName.com
Excellent.US will always be better then ReallyCrappyName.com

But comments like 1000s times worse, as some have said, is just plain stupid.
Values should always be based on the usability,viability and quality of
the name ,not an some stupid and pointless prejudice.

Names like Business.US sell for big prices because of the VALUE ,not because a Millionare was playing games and liked spending money.

•••
AHA7 said:
.com > .net > .org > .us (if I am not mistaken)

.com > .net > .info > co.uk > .us > .org :imho:

But I am from the uk :hehe:

•••
-db- said:
There is not a single-answer that can adequately address this question. Read, learn, experience the market, these are the only way to find the information you seek.

I will make a quick analogy....

A Ferrari is a great car. Fast, legendary and very expensive.

A Honda is also a great car. Not as fast, not as legendary, but a fraction of the price.

Both are great cars. Both are quality products.

Depending on the budget, the purpose, and the person - they both can be perfect fits.

AND... there is plenty of room of the highway for both. :)

Lol - Like it !

•••
.com > .info > .us > (the rest)
In my opinion, anyway.

If I had a choice between registering creditcards.com and creditcards.us, I would go for the .com. I think that sums it up quite nicely. :)

•••
monRa said:

But hopefully in a few years the price of 3 Letter .US names will increase alot as they are regged

:tu: I own 2! yay!

- luke

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back