IT.COM

Lost domain @GoDaddy during redemption period

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

is it time to opt-out of GoDaddy and find alternate home?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    66.7%
  • No

votes
    33.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

NameJi

The Domain LoverTop Member
Impact
One of my category premium domains (.info) is removed from my GoDaddy account during the redemption period. I spoke to my relationship manager to recover the domain, but things look gray. Here is the sequence of events happened, please help me if there is any way we can recover the domain back to my account.

Domain expires on 13/Sep/2020. I reached out to my relationship manager on 20th October to renew, relationship manager went silent for one of my questions, the domain is removed from my account on 21/Oct/2020 exactly 38 days from the expiry date. In my opinion, the domain owner will have 45 days of the grace period (expiry grace + 30-day redumption grace period) for the renewal.

Is it fair for Registrar to remove the domain if the owner showed the intent to renew the domain?

Looks like currently the domain is captured by Afternic (on behalf of the domain owner) on the 38th day. Any thoughts?

upload_2020-10-25_10-30-39.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Just received cancellation email (on 25th) for the item that is already removed on 21st.

From links, i could see there is a 45 day window to recover the domain. But in this case things happened much early.

Any other inputs please.

•••
on monday, call customer service and they will fix it for you most likely

•••
on monday, call customer service and they will fix it for you most likely
I spoke to them on 23rd itself and created a support case. But the lady on phone is not much help. I will double check on Monday. Thanks.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back