NameSilo

Looks like Pictures.net was a scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mackskinner Account Auto-Closed

To the people who thought I was over reacting - you're welcome

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is a pm i got from Mackskinner yesterday:-

====
Like I said to the others, I have provided my video evidence if you want to call it that, and have also redirected the URL to the thread, additionally I will be leaving NP as this is just disgusting what has happened here I don't feel welcome at all. But thanks for bidding and hope you all the best!

Regards,
====

•••
And for the record, i just disagreed with how you went about it, you shouted ‘scam’ on a public message board without (and i quote) “being 100% sure” there was better ways to go about it.

Even this thread you’ve created now, looking at the thread in question is still 'under investigation' so once again you are jumping the gun, playing judge and jury before the investigation has been concluded.

•••
He lied to me
I caught him in the lie
He stopped communication
His account is closed
Those are facts

•••
And for the record, i just disagreed with how you went about it, you shouted ‘scam’ on a public message board without (and i quote) “being 100% sure” there was better ways to go about it.

Even this thread you’ve created now, looking at the thread in question is still 'under investigation' so once again you are jumping the gun, playing judge and jury before the investigation has been concluded.
Tough shit

•••

He is a scammer. And I reported him yesterday to Admins.

•••
He is a scammer. And I reported him yesterday to Admins.

Well you went about it the right way (reporting it).

My whole point is, even if was a scam, which very well could be, that means there’s a poor rightful owner out there not only had someone trying to sell their domain, but now has multiple threads on NamePros linking their domain name to words like 'scam' and now also has a separate thread (which will be indexed on Google) saying “looks like *domain in question* was a scam” - All whilst still under investigation.

That domain as now been devalued and possibly even been made unsalable at no fault to the rightful owner and with that just felt it could have been dealt with better.

Last I'm typing on this now.

Last edited:
•••

My whole point is, even if was a scam, which very well could be, that means there’s a poor rightful owner out there not only had someone trying to sell their domain, but now has multiple threads on NamePros linking their domain name to words like 'scam' and now also has a separate thread (which will be indexed on Google) saying “looks like *domain in question* was a scam” - All whilst still under investigation.

That domain as now been devalued and possibly even been made unsalable at no fault to the rightful owner and with that just felt it could have been dealt with better.

Look up Richard Dynas hatred.com on google- I don’t feel bad for anyone
I was ripped for doing the right thing!

•••
•••

Dont be a snowflake......btw no hard feelings for the owner of snowflake.com.

•••
What is the case here @uglydork ?

You might want to share some link to shed some light on us who are not familiar about the topic

•••
•••
what Account Auto-Closed means?

•••
Is there a link to the topic?

•••
•••
•••
Dont be a snowflake......btw no hard feelings for the owner of snowflake.com.

HeHe.... no hard feelings to the owner of snowflake.com :xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

Email him and tell him you have a new use for the domain :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Seriously though.... if it was a scam he deserved to be shouted out.
If not then apologies would be in order.

•••
Scam or not he lied to me in a pm
He told me he bought it off namejet a few days ago and moved it to godaddy
I called my contacts at namejet and godaddy and both said it was false
Namejet never had the name and godaddy hasn’t moved it

•••
Would an easy solution not have been to change something on whois to show ownership.

I often ask for that if it is a big transaction and I can use a push.

•••
Thanks for sharing. Your guilty until proven innocent in this business

•••
thanks a lot for sharing! ugly scammers!
It's funny that he sent just that poor screenshot as a proof of ownership

•••
@Eric Lyon

Could you please clarify if a member is allowed to taint a domain name without proof that the scammer had anything to do with the owner?

The subject of the thread clearly states that the domain name itself is a scam.

•••
I am the most well liked person on NamePros! Lol
You people kill me

•••
@Eric Lyon

Could you please clarify if a member is allowed to taint a domain name without proof that the scammer had anything to do with the owner?

The subject of the thread clearly states that the domain name itself is a scam.

Easy fix

Looks like the Pictures(dot)net Auction by Mackskinner was a scam, the domain was not his.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back