Dynadot

auctions Look at bidding war for WorldAirways.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LarryDomain

Top Member
Impact
Yikes! There's still a couple of hours left but worldairways.com is now over $65,000!! Guess someone needs to get it bad!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If the buyer uses eBates, he will save $12,000 on the purchase. Pretty significant.

•••
If the buyer uses eBates, he will save $12,000 on the purchase. Pretty significant.

eBates does not offer cash back for bulk registrations if it involves more than 5 registrations. I am not sure if they offer cash back for auction. thanks for tip though.

•••
eBates does not offer cash back for bulk registrations if it involves more than 5 registrations. I am not sure if they offer cash back for auction. thanks for tip though.

Why are you talking about bulk registration?
This is a single auction. The buyer can get his 18% return today on eBates. It is the active rate.

•••
Why are you talking about bulk registration?
This is a single auction. The buyer can get his 18% return today on eBates. It is the active rate.

Not for Aftermarket

GoDaddy: Cash Back is not available on Aftermarket Products, Gift Cards, Sunrise/Landrush domain registrations and Round up for Charity donations. Cash Back will not be rewarded by GoDaddy on domains purchased in bulk (groups of 6 or more and including bulk renewals). Cart must be empty at time of click from Ebates, and all items added after click to receive Cash Back. Cash Back will be rewarded by GoDaddy to a customer on up to thirty (30) transactions, or transactions totaling $5000.00 total cost, in any 30-day calendar period. Use of coupon codes outside of Ebates may void Cash Back.

https://www.ebates.com/help/storeexceptions.htm

•••
Ok then he would get 18% on $5000 only.
When it says "not available on Aftermaker products" What does that mean?

I always get my return when I buy on GD auctions (isn't that aftermarket) and when I buy GD Closeouts.

•••
Yes, now let's see if they pay... or if it's renewed by the owner due to all of the hype :xf.cool:

•••
The likelyhood of 2 buyers willing to pay that same range is very rare. I could see 1 buyer, but not 2 creating such a buzz. I put my money on idiots from overseas trying to circumvent the system. If it is a legit sale, great for the industry overall, but end users are not so fast, and loose in auctions for the most part.

I was once awarded an auction, before it was renewed in a similar situation that ended in over $1M+, the owner was in on it, and they were quickly suspended from the platform. Only difference is this is a defunct entity.

If it is an end user, what airline is the buyer?

Last edited:
•••
The likelyhood of 2 buyers willing to pay that same range is very rare. I could see 1 buyer, but not 2 creating such a buzz. I put my money on idiots from overseas trying to circumvent the system. If it is a legit sale, great for the industry overall, but end users are not so fast, and loose in auctions for the most part.

I was once awarded an auction, before it was renewed in a similar situation that ended in over $1M+, the owner was in on it, and they were quickly suspended from the platform. Only difference is this is a defunct entity.

wow! you were in on a $1M auction? That's all I "heard" from that post. lol

did not know there were people on NP buying at such high prices???

Baller!! so if thee owner was in on it and suspended? do you get the domain for significantly less?

•••
wow! you were in on a $1M auction? That's all I "heard" from that post. lol

did not know there were people on NP buying at such high prices???

Baller!! so if thee owner was in on it and suspended? do you get the domain for significantly less?
It was on godaddy, the owner of the domain decided to bid on his own expiring domain in order to get a sucker bid to take the bait. They kept bidding every 5 minutes in order to get a sucker to take the bait, they took the auction to $1.25M I believe, in doing so I guess they were hoping to set a history precedence for their domain also. Many blogs picked up the story, this probably goes back 2 years. This is a different situation, as it is a defunct situation.

•••
It was on godaddy, the owner of the domain decided to bid on his own expiring domain in order to get a sucker bid to take the bait. They kept bidding every 5 minutes in order to get a sucker to take the bait, they took the auction to $1.25M I believe, in doing so I guess they were hoping to set a history precedence for their domain also. Many blogs picked up the story, this probably goes back 2 years. This is a different situation, as it is a defunct situation.

ahhh a Shill bid? yikes!

Glad they caught it.

but surprised it took that long.

I wonder how many such "situations" happen and go under the "Radar" of the marketplaces? and end up selling for ridiculous prices?

You gotta wonder if it happens right? or are there systems in place like the one that caught this cheat you mentioned that prevent such things for sure?

anyways. Glad this sale isn't one of them. hopefully.

Thanks for the info @wwwweb

•••

OOMI.com

Two buyers went at it up to six figures. The winner did not pay, then the second auction reached $22k.

It happens...

•••
•••
I bet Godaddy is the shill bidder and knew that bidder 10 had a high bid limit. Remember they have access to bidders bid.

Conspiracy theory!! So never put an over the top offer like 1,000,000 on an auction. Some one can push it way over it's real value.

•••
Godaddy.com 7 days pubic auction have great domains sometimes and they are always set with price reserve that people can place bids like crazy if they know the price reserve until before it meet reserve at 1 or 2 bids. I have seen this sometimes.

For expired domains, KCAI.com is reaching near $9,000 at GD auction, it will end today. It's unbelievable with "ai" domain now. And wpai.com just sold for $9,500 at Sedo

•••
The buyer can get his 18% return today on eBates. It is the active rate.
Shows 9% as active rate on their site now. But regardless, do they pay a rebate for auction purchases? Still well worth it.

•••
Shows 9% as active rate on their site now. But regardless, do they pay a rebate for auction purchases? Still well worth it.

Register on ebates canada its 18% today

•••
Way too much. Regardless of the background.

Its cheap at what it sold for to an airline

I saw esoft dot com sold recently and thought I'd seen that name somewhere did you sell it or did you buy it?

•••
Domain investors think like er domain investors eg $10 is far too expensive to pay for a quality dot com

Businesses with deep pockets think like businesses with deep pockets

World airways dot com is worth a fortune to the business that can see its value to their business

And its final sale value represents an absolute bargain to the successful bidder

The value in that domain isn't in the price paid but in the significant value it adds to an airline related business

•••
I have:

airway.io

not sure how much can sell

•••
Godaddy.com 7 days pubic auction have great domains sometimes and they are always set with price reserve that people can place bids like crazy if they know the price reserve until before it meet reserve at 1 or 2 bids. I have seen this sometimes.

For expired domains, KCAI.com is reaching near $9,000 at GD auction, it will end today. It's unbelievable with "ai" domain now. And wpai.com just sold for $9,500 at Sedo
I don't think it's "AI" what caused the steep price. It sold for 24,250 USD. I don't think the bids are valid.

•••
- Recently I haven't seen any 4 L .com with "ai" ending below $1,000
- We should wait for some days, if whois is changed, the domain would have sold, that means the bids are valid.

•••
worldairways.com expired a year ago and went on auction until $3,650, and bidder 1 was the winning bidder... it is rare to see the first bidder winning an auction. usually they just kick start it...

now a similar pattern

•••
Looking at Namebio..it's kinda weird.. how do they end up closing auction on same day of the year.. Usually a domain expires on the renew date and then takes about a month atleast before it hits expired auction.

There's something fishy about this domain..

Domain Price Date Venue
worldairways.com 66,000 USD 2017-05-05 GoDaddy
worldairways.com 3,650 USD 2016-05-05 GoDaddy

•••
Looking at Namebio..it's kinda weird.. how do they end up closing auction on same day of the year.. Usually a domain expires on the renew date and then takes about a month atleast before it hits expired auction.

There's something fishy about this domain..

Domain Price Date Venue
worldairways.com 66,000 USD 2017-05-05 GoDaddy
worldairways.com 3,650 USD 2016-05-05 GoDaddy

Congratulations to the seller....GODADDY.Com :), only we are losing money.O_o

•••
Back