NameSilo

Logo + banner contest

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Okay, many of you that hang around chat or have seen some of my posts might know I'm about to release an informational product about buying, developing, marketing and selling domains. Originally it was going to be in e-book format, but for various reasons it will now be offered via a web-based membership site. Because of this, we've changed the domain name to be used to SellingMy.com.

We're looking for a package of a few things based on the design selected. In return, the winner will get a free one year subscription to the service. (Subscription price will be 9.95 a month) Alternately, you can get $50 via Paypal.

The specifications for the design itself are:

SellingMy.com - colors navy blue and hunter (forest) green on a white background.

For the design selected, we'll want a second version of the logo with a transparent background (both 10 k or less in jpg format) along with an animated banner to be used on Namepros. (Will provide the text later)

Please post any designs by Tuesday.

Thanks and good luck!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From very start to finish on a logo for namepros comp probably average round 30mins, if its a big job then it could take hours

•••
Great logos.......... everyone :)

•••
170designs said:
Haha, yeah I agree Sharon. This is a close contest. In about how many hours will you announce the winner though? Thanks

Matt
It will be in the next 20 hours from the time of my post.

TheComputerGeek247 said:
Wow you guys are quite talented. How long does it take the average person to design a logo?

I have to agree... lots of excellent contributions here!

•••
will7 said:
OK, here you go.

SellingMy.com Logo, #4:
sellingmy43ja.jpg

Darkened the green and made a cooler globe :) Tell me what you think!

Sharon, anything I can do to improve my latest entry?

EDIT: I wasn't happy with the way the "All about domains" text looked, so I chanegd it and added a bit of extra details. Also, I thought the green might be too dark, so I lightened it up just a slight bit.

SellingMy.com Logo, #5:
sellingmy57dl.jpg

Do you like this one more or less than the last one I entered?

Last edited:
•••
I fine tuned mine a bit, heres another :)
sell23nt.jpg

•••
will7 said:
Sharon, anything I can do to improve my latest entry?

EDIT: I wasn't happy with the way the "All about domains" text looked, so I chanegd it and added a bit of extra details. Also, I thought the green might be too dark, so I lightened it up just a slight bit.

SellingMy.com Logo, #5:
sellingmy57dl.jpg

Do you like this one more or less than the last one I entered?
Hi, for me personally I think it is a little 'busy' - a lot going on in a very small space. If you wouldn't mind trying to remove the background blue behind the "S", the darker green was better I think but what you did with the slogan at the bottom works better.

l0zo said:
I fine tuned mine a bit, heres another :)
sell23nt.jpg

Lorenzo, is it a problem to play around with the colors on the graphic and text? I dont know if the pyramid thing is stock or if you can try it in greens instead. Since the site colors will be dark (navy) blue and forest/hunter green, I want to make sure the logo goes along with that.

•••
Okey doke, here we are.

SellingMy.com Logo, #6:
sellingmy67pj.jpg

SellingMy.com Logo, #7:
sellingmy76ri.jpg

Took of the background behind the "S" and, on one of them, removed the arrows. Also darkened the green again on both. These any better?

Anything else you want changing?

Last edited:
•••
yep easy, im on it now

ok heres some logos with different color match ups :D
sell21ke.jpg
sell35cp.jpg

Last edited:
•••
will7 said:
Okey doke, here we are.

Took of the background behind the "S" and, on one of them, removed the arrows. Also darkened the green again on both. These any better?

Anything else you want changing?
MUCH better. thanks. Will need to check with the guys on all of them later along with seeing any other updates/new ones that come in.

•••
Revisions. Added the .com and tried a new logo. You may want the blue darker which is an easy alteration.
sellingmysamples2.jpg

•••
Hi all.
I must say, we've had a bunch of great submissions!
One thing's for sure, it's going to be a tough choice.
I'd like to thank all of those who participated.
Sharon will be announcing the winner early tomorrow morning so stay tuned!

Best of Luck,
David Halpern
Co-Founder, SellingMy.com

•••
A lot of Good Logos ... Cant wait tio see who the winner of this contest is ... Good Luck to all who entered!

•••
Nice logos everyone! Good Luck to all designers! Il be back in the morning :)

here's a peek at how it would look on the page...

centered, and the other left-aligned...
x5r09698.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Here is what my two look like on your site.

SellingMy.com Site Preview:
sellingmypreview6ue.jpg

SellingMy.com Preview, #2:
sellingmypreview21oe.jpg

Could be centered as well.

•••
lol this is not a criticism or anything but why did everyone decide to use globs in their logos?

•••
Well, I used it first because to me, domains, related to the Internet, which related to globally. And, after I used it, everyone else seemed to after that ...

•••
Well Will7, your image is fairly, dare i say it, "global" :lol:

•••
Lol, not sure if there's a message that I'm missing in that post, but, heh.

•••
Im saying that ur image about domains (because to me, domains, related to the Internet, which related to globally) is "global". As in your not the only one to think that way.

You always know when uve ruined a joke... when u have to explain it lol.

•••
•••
•••
Drumroll - we have many winners! :)

Thanks everyone who contributed. I have to tell you it was REALLY tough. I asked the 3 people involved with this to rank in order of preference, their favorite 3. Surprisingly out of the 4 of us, 3 of us agreed with #1, but none of us agreed on the other 2 :)

drum roll please....

170designs - specifically the revised #4

170, I'll be in touch with you via pm about slogan etc to add along with the banner.

We're feeling a little guilty because we know that you guys put a lot of work into it. So here's what we're going to do: each of the following people will get one free month at the site when it launches in the next week. To take advantage of this, just register an account at http://www.sellingmy.com and email us at support at brandednames.com with the user name you used and your user name here if it is different. Once the service goes live, we'll upgrade you to paid member for a month. In order of 'votes':

l0zo
sammyloski
will7
vip-ip
paaaaa

Thanks to everyone, including those not listed above who took the time to contribute. It was great to see what talented artists we have on Namepros.

Da team :)

•••
Congrats 170! Sharon, it doesn't matter about the free month, I'm not that bothered. Thanks for the offer though, very kind! Permission for me to use the logo I made in my portfolio would be nice though ...

•••
Sure, Wills, no problem there.

•••
Congratulations 170! ... Very nice Logo ... Congratulations to all the rest who won the one free month, it is a very kind offer fromt he Team of SellingMy.com ... Anyways, there were a lot of great logos and designers that entered, so I'm guessing it was really a though decision. Once again, congrats to all!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back