Dynadot

discuss Logical Outbound Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
There seems to be a lot of conversation and consternation around inbound marketing of domains vs. outbound. Domains sold strictly via inbound might be considered, "Buy and Hold" or "Buy and Hoard", while outbound marketing is more of a progressive/aggressive approach.

As a business guy with almost 50 years of marketing/selling experience (see my Linkedin bio here on NP via information page). In my prior business life, 80% of my sales have been a result of outbound efforts. Much of it has been a result of what has been traditionally referred to as "cold calling" which seems to be a lost art with the advent of the internet.

Domain professionals here on NP and elsewhere seem to think outbound marketing won't work, although they claim to have tried it, and FAILED miserably:xf.frown: Personally I believe it will work, "if" done right. In my case, the first thing I need to do is attract a savvy technical individual who has nothing to lose, and everything to gain. By that I mean they are either unemployed, are a visionary or are an entrepreneur like me.

btw, there isn't just one way to succeed at outbound marketing. Targeted email marketing is one way, direct mail marketing is another and phone sales and follow up is another way. All three of these techniques still work today in other industries, and there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to work in the domain industry imo.

I'm not asking NP members why outbound won't work, but rather why outbound will work. If some of you think it can work, I would like to hear from you. I'll start with "targeted" outbound marketing, for if you don't know your target, you're sure to fail.

Let's revolutionize domaining like the Wright Brothers revolutionized travel. What do you say:xf.grin: This can't be that hard...or can it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The eBook by @Darryl Lopes has a good amount about outbound and negotiation. It is a short, fast read, written by someone with a proven track record, and is relatively inexpensive. He started a NamePros thread about it here...
https://www.namepros.com/threads/ebook-how-to-get-started-in-domain-names.1149465/

It seems to me the most valuable thread on outbound on NamePros is the one already mentioned by @rohitgoyal. In particular he put a lot of effort into answering the questions, so don't just read the initial post but the entire thread.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/outbound-process-for-beginners.1101291/

This NamePros blog post by @James Iles based on an interview with @Mike Robertson has a wealth of good information
https://www.namepros.com/blog/how-t...ith-mike-robertson-part-1-the-basics.1120129/

There have also been a few DNW podcast issues on the topic, and of course Domain Sherpa or taking the Domain Name Academy course.

I personally dislike doing outbound, and in any case Canadian spam laws make it difficult to do, but I do realize that effective outbound will increase sell through rate and also make sales of some domain names that would not otherwise sell.

I think we should not necessarily view outbound or inbound as the only two extremes. Some domain investors effectively use social media, especially platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter, to make that first connection that will later open doors to a fuller approach in some cases.

For brandable domain names it is nice that the brandable marketplaces in essence find buyers, to at least some degree. There is no similar venue for phrase type domain names, however, at least to my knowledge.

Bob

@Bob Hawkes you have highlighted all the important posts related to outbound... however any who would be serious about outbound would have taken the pain and gone through all these wonderful posts already...

•••
My heritage is EU Jew, and I'm sure some of my ancestor's can help:xf.wink:

Lol. Got that covered then :). But seriously, like @karmaco stated, outbound in bulk as practiced by some domainers simply isn't good practice.

I know it'll boost sales but you'd be operating in a grey area. If you want to cut corners there are other industries that will make you more with less time and effort involved.

I wouldn't like a random car dealer dealer herassing me with the offer to upgrade my car. How is this different with people flogging domains? I guess some ethics cannot not taught.

Anyway, @Bob Hawkes got me thinking about phrase marketplaces. I don't know of any either and think that niche may actually be a good fit for you.

Get your pricing right and that could actually be a viable thing.

•••
You've been here 2 years now. And stuff newbies would pick up in their first month, you still haven't -

I think I posted about this last year. You still haven't figured out a landing page. The ones you keeping using have it where somebody needs to pay $70 for a GD broker to contact you. You're still not listing your domains in the various marketplaces. 2 years and not seeing much learning take place.

This thread is like all your others. Back in the day I blah blah blah, check my LinkedIn blah blah blah. Now it's you trying to find some broker to sell your names, willing to give them ridiculous amounts. This business simply isn't for you. You don't get it, you've shown no indication that you ever will.
JB and the domain cabal...thanks again for adding to all my FUN:ROFL: And it is my fun, much to the chagrin of my critics. Although I didn't vote for him, don't you see the fun that President Donald J. Trump is having much to the chagrin of his critics.

Probably the major difference between the majority of my critics and me is the FACT that I've actually employed and managed hundreds of people in my lifetime. It sounds to me like you and your friends are all solo practitioners domainers and couldn't manage your way out of a wet paper bag:xf.wink: And this is in addition to my having founded, started, operated, bought, sold and yes successfully NAMED dozens of businesses since college in 1970.

And just for the record, I've been hired and PAID over $10,000 to help start ups STARTUP! Oh, did I tell you how much fun this has been for me:xf.grin:...much to your chagrin and consternation. I'm not just laughing on the inside, if we were skyping or doing face time (I've done neither) you would witness me physically laughing on the outside.

Finally, I meet new people every single day of my life because that's my thing, and I learn something new from each and every one of them. For instance, just last night I met a nationally recognized comedian JP Walsh and his lady friend at Bo Bo's Chicken on Shore Drive here in Virginia Beach. It turns out they're good friends with Bo who recently became a friend of mine. They learned as did Bo that I had just the day before bought a domain for Bo....BoBoWings.com. It cost me a whopping $8.50 although I guess I could have saved a $ and bought it from Epik instead of what Rob Monster calls NoDaddy's. And much to the chagrin of Rob, I'll probably NEVER return to buying names from Epik:xf.frown: Finally, the topic of domains came around to where JP and his lady friend learned that I own over a thousand domains, one of which is SavorManhattan.com, and because JP is from Manhattan and does a gig at Caroline's in addition to around the world, he thought he might be able to help me sell Savor Manhattan for more than what I paid for it. I don't know how much you pay for your domains JB, but mine are so cheap I can afford to give them away "if" they'll pay me later:xf.wink: Now that I think about it, I may incorporate in my "outbound" business model a domain "give away" where I'm paid only if the domain works for the customer. As you probably know, if it doesn't work, it comes back to me anyway. JB or anyone listening, how do you like that "outbound" strategy? I'd luv to hear your comments:xf.smile:

I told Bo Bo that BoBoWings.com is his if only he comes up with a great "Wings" recipe to compliment his new businesss BoBosFineChicken.com. JB, you and others reading this should check out the website for BoBo's chicken. A lot of people including myself doubted Bo would make it because most new restaurants fail, but he's KILLING it(y)

Let me ask you and the rest of the cabal, would the little story I just shared be considered "outbound" sales? Inquiring minds would luv to know. Thanks and God Bless each and everyone of you...you truly do Make My Shave Day!

•••
@Bob Hawkes you have highlighted all the important posts related to outbound... however any who would be serious about outbound would have taken the pain and gone through all these wonderful posts already...
rohit...is this your name? Bob Hawkes has become a friend and ally, and I believe the feeling is mutual. When I find the time I want to read through all the threads and other materials recommended by you and others here, but before I do I'd like you and others opinions about a "Domain Give Away" model I'm thinking about. It's based on when I was a kid and shoveled snow walkways and driveways in my neighborhood. After working my arse off my customer would ask "How much do I owe you Richard?" to which I would say, oh i don't know, just pay me what you think I deserve:xf.wink: As it turned out 80% of my customers (think 80/20 rule) would pay me more than I would have asked for....go figure? Domains are "cheap" in the big scheme of things, and I know I have hundreds of domains that I would use for my business any day of the week. Here are the last few domains I hand reg'd recently;
MakeMyShave.com, BoBoWings.com, PerformanceShave.com and RevolutionizeGolf.com. These domains are all com's, and cost me just $8.50 a piece. Collectively these domains cost a total of $34 and they appraise for $4,500 at GD (note, this is one of the reasons I own GD domains instead of Epik domains much to the chagrin of Rob Monster). Here's the idea, I'd gladly give any of these domains to customers who would agree to pay me later as long as they promised they would use them. I've learned in life that "most" people are honest, and I trust them to do the right thing, and in some cases do even more than you might expect. Make sense? Thanks

•••
For example, I own well over a hundred domains that apply specifically to the real estate and trades industry...nothing like MakeMyShave.com rather DistinctionHomes.com, Johnson.Homes and 757Waterfront.com
The names you mentioned still aren't the types of names that sell well via outbound marketing. They're brands that people need to make a personal connection with before they can be ready to spend a couple thousand on them. Personal connections are not made when sales people try to sell you unsolicited things.

Let's say you show DistinctionHomes.com to a potential buyer... Sure, it's a neat sounding name. Are they going to pay $2,000 for it? More likely they would just run with the concept and hand register MotivationHomes, TemptationHomes, PerceptionHomes, or some other "homes" name with a positive, descriptive noun. They'll do this because they have no reason to personally or professionally connect with the word "distinction".

Now, you want to really do outbound on this name? Here are your potential buyers:
Of course you see the issue here... UDRP claim risk! And therein lies the inherent issue with doing outbound on brand names.
  • The people who want the name could legally take it if you approach them.
  • The people who cannot legally take it have no reason to want it.
You say your names are industry-specific. Yes, I agree. Can you easily target good potential buyers with them? I don't believe so.

•••
The names you mentioned still aren't the types of names that sell well via outbound marketing. They're brands that people need to make a personal connection with before they can be ready to spend a couple thousand on them. Personal connections are not made when sales people try to sell you unsolicited things.

Let's say you show DistinctionHomes.com to a potential buyer... Sure, it's a neat sounding name. Are they going to pay $2,000 for it? More likely they would just run with the concept and hand register MotivationHomes, TemptationHomes, PerceptionHomes, or some other "homes" name with a positive, descriptive noun. They'll do this because they have no reason to personally or professionally connect with the word "distinction".

Now, you want to really do outbound on this name? Here are your potential buyers:

Of course you see the issue here... UDRP claim risk! And therein lies the inherent issue with doing outbound on brand names.
  • The people who want the name could legally take it if you approach them.
  • The people who cannot legally take it have no reason to want it.
You say your names are industry-specific. Yes, I agree. Can you easily target good potential buyers with them? I don't believe so.
"The names you mentioned still aren't the types of names that sell well via outbound marketing."
and how do you know this Joe?...you needn't answer or attempt to answer because YOU DON'T!
Like with another one of the cabal...i didn't read beyond your first sentence because it's a waste of your time to try and tell me what I can and can't do. You may want to read what I said about "Domain Give Aways", and how I trust "most" people to do the right thing. Give it a rest will ya:xf.wink:

•••
I've been working on your radio treatment for MakeMyShave. It's gonna sell like hot cakes, baby. Set to Pump up the Jam:

Pump up the shave, pump it up
While you feet are stompin'
And the shave is pumpin'
Look at here the crowd is jumpin'
Pump it up a little more
Get the party going on the dance floor
Seek us that's where the party's at
And you'll find out if you're too bad
I don't want a place to stay
Get your booty on the floor tonight
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave dot com

You can owe me Bulloney.

•••
I've been working on your radio treatment for MakeMyShave. It's gonna sell like hot cakes, baby. Set to Pump up the Jam:

Pump up the shave, pump it up
While you feet are stompin'
And the shave is pumpin'
Look at here the crowd is jumpin'
Pump it up a little more
Get the party going on the dance floor
Seek us that's where the party's at
And you'll find out if you're too bad
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave
Make my shave dot com

You can owe me Bulloney.
wurdd...like I just told someone else here you are wasting your time trying to "force feed" me anything. I use to have to "force feed" a Basset hound I showed to fatten him up for a show, and Lord Mergatroid of Antwerp, his AKC registered name, didn't like it one bit. Consider this your payment young fella, and if you don't have anything worthwhile to say or contribute than I would suggest you take my FREE advice and move on:xf.grin:

•••
I hope this is not taking thread off-topic, but does anyone know of an analysis that tried to estimate what percentage of domain sales came in various ways? For example
  1. Via searches or agent guidance at general purpose marketplaces (Sedo, Aternic, DAN, etc.)
  2. Via brandable or other specialized marketplaces.
  3. Directly from the landing page by someone who searched for that specific name
  4. Via outbound efforts of one type or another (phone, email, social media message, etc.)
  5. By brokers.
  6. Through auctions.
  7. By advertising the domain name, either online advertisements or traditional.
  8. Through other approaches (trade shows, business connections, etc.)
Bob

•••
I hope this is not taking thread off-topic, but does anyone know of an analysis that tried to estimate what percentage of domain sales came in various ways? For example
  1. Via searches or agent guidance at general purpose marketplaces (Sedo, Aternic, DAN, etc.)
  2. Via brandable or other specialized marketplaces.
  3. Directly from the landing page by someone who searched for that specific name
  4. Via outbound efforts of one type or another (phone, email, social media message, etc.)
  5. By brokers.
  6. Through auctions.
  7. By advertising the domain name, either online advertisements or traditional.
  8. Through other approaches (trade shows, business connections, etc.)
Bob
I'd love to see the results of a study like that, but I suspect unbiased data would be very hard to gather.

•••
I'd love to see the results of a study like that, but I suspect unbiased data would be very hard to gather.
Agree.

And not doubt results vary heavily on type of domain name (even there would be interesting to know what percentage of brandable type names are selling on the brandable marketplaces), and probably price range (e.g. assume broker involvement for anything under $10,000 is rare but not quite zero).

I am wondering whether we could learn something at least from a well constructed poll among NamePros members. I may try that, but first wanted to see if someone can provide links to any previous efforts along these lines.

In some ways one needs to know not only where domains sold, but also what was tried. That makes the effort even more complex.

Bob

•••
Agree.

And not doubt results vary heavily on type of domain name (even there would be interesting to know what percentage of brandable type names are selling on the brandable marketplaces), and probably price range (e.g. assume broker involvement for anything under $10,000 is rare but not quite zero).

I am wondering whether we could learn something at least from a well constructed poll among NamePros members. I may try that, but first wanted to see if someone can provide links to any previous efforts along these lines.

In some ways one needs to know not only where domains sold, but also what was tried. That makes the effort even more complex.

Bob
I imagine part of the challenge would be getting all the various marketplaces and auction sites to share their complete data pertaining to revenue and number of domains sold.

•••
I imagine part of the challenge would be getting all the various marketplaces and auction sites to share their complete data pertaining to revenue and number of domains sold.
I am sure they will not (well maybe not sure but agree it would be highly unlikely). That is why I think some sort of seller report via survey from NamePros members may be only approach, but it is of course limited as any kind of self-reporting is.

I suspect at the very least we could perhaps narrow down the fraction of sales that are in response to landers (i.e. how many sales at marketplaces are where the lander points). Not all of those are lander initiated, but I suspect many are.

Bob

•••
I am sure they will not (well maybe not sure but agree it would be highly unlikely). That is why I think some sort of seller report via survey from NamePros members may be only approach, but it is of course limited as any kind of self-reporting is.

I suspect at the very least we could perhaps narrow down the fraction of sales that are in response to landers (i.e. how many sales at marketplaces are where the lander points). Not all of those are lander initiated, but I suspect many are.

Bob
It could generate some interesting results if you got enough members with large/diverse enough portfolios to contribute...

You would need everyone to provide:
  • Total domains owned
  • Total domains listed at each exclusive venue (i.e. BB, BP, SH)
  • Total listings at non-exclusive marketplaces (Sedo, Afternic, etc)
  • Total domains sold (broken down by venue, including private via landers and WHOIS email)
  • Total value of domains sold (broken down by venue, including private)
I also think you'd want to break down the results into two categories: exclusive listings and non-exclusive listings. This would allow you to make more of an apples-to-apples comparison.

Very cool undertaking, though.

Last edited:
•••
Anyway, @Bob Hawkes got me thinking about phrase marketplaces. I don't know of any either and think that niche may actually be a good fit for you.
I have toyed with the idea of such a marketplace almost since my first days in active domain investing. A place primarily to attract marketing and branding professionals looking for domains for campaigns. I even invested in a domain name that might work for it.

I have not given up the idea of trying to set one up, although someone with better technical skills, strong links to marketing communities, more energy, etc would be better off to do this. Oh and probably about 50 years younger :xf.wink:.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Soofi...i really would suggest you take a look at my Linkedin bio and judge for yourself whether or not I may have experience with "outbound sales" of any kind. It was Verisign who identified the major problem with your industry is the "Hoarding" of domains thus they call the majority of you hoarders. Do you even know what they were referring to? I see both "truth" and "opportunity" in their description, and I saw it when I arrived here at NP just 24 months ago.

Regardless of what you think of me, I don't appreciate the stalking and harassment on this message board the likes of what I've been subjected to since I arrived here. I know you wouldn't like it if it were happening to you either.
This is funny, do you know verisign used to compile lists of domains deleted, or unregistered, and send them out to domainers, for what purpose? They love it, they make more money. Can you imagine sitting at home and making $7 on every domain registered electronically. As usual you are living in the 70's.

Outbound only works when you have something better to offer them than what the are currently using, or something geo specific that will help them get some more organic leads. You can't really outbound to well with 2019 hand registered catch phrases. The reason R Goyal does so well is he is based in India, and can hire low paid workers to sit there, and spam thousands of businesses. If Bulloney did this he would come under the canspam act, and has assets of value which can be taken during legal action. These guys based abroad fear nothing as they tend not to hold any tangible assets in their name.

Once again brokers are not the magic answer.

•••
Giving away names? Hmmm...

•••
"The names you mentioned still aren't the types of names that sell well via outbound marketing."
and how do you know this Joe?...you needn't answer or attempt to answer because YOU DON'T!
Like with another one of the cabal...i didn't read beyond your first sentence because it's a waste of your time to try and tell me what I can and can't do. You may want to read what I said about "Domain Give Aways", and how I trust "most" people to do the right thing. Give it a rest will ya:xf.wink:
Rich, I have to admit I'm a little baffled... Didn't you start this thread to have an open discussion of opinions on outbound marketing strategies?

As much as I disagree with many of your opinions, I would never dismiss them in the insulting way that you just dismissed mine.

And why the need to refer to me (and others) as being part of a cabal? I wonder what political or economic agenda you think we're trying to jointly advance? It seems like a sad and xenophobic way to view a group of people who have taken the time to offer a lot of interesting opinions and information.

It's ironic that you trust most people to do the right thing, and yet you yourself are not able to show common courtesy and respect to a person who is trying to have a meaningful conversation with you.

You're absolutely right that there's no way I can know for sure whether or not the methods you propose would work. All I can do is speak my opinion, based on my own experience and the experiences I've read from others.

Respecting others is very important to me, and as such I did already read the full content of your post on domain giveaways. Again, it's not a tactic I would feel comfortable employing as I feel the cost/benefit ratio wouldn't make it a worthwhile endeavour. That being said... I'd be eager to hear how it goes for you if you ever attempt it.

•••
I have toyed with the idea of such a marketplace almost since my first days in active domain investing. A place primarily to attract marketing and branding professionals looking for domains for campaigns. I even invested in a domain name that might work for it.

I have not given up the idea of trying to set one up, although someone with better technical skills, strong links to marketing communities, more energy, etc would be better off to do this. Oh and probably about 50 years younger :xf.wink:.

Bob
Bob, I just grabbed a name in the closeouts to list at your new marketplace:

CareToChat (.com)

I'm a big fan of expression domains as well. Recently sold FoolMeTwice at Brandpa, and have been keeping my eye out to collect more.

•••
This is funny, do you know verisign used to compile lists of domains deleted, or unregistered, and send them out to domainers, for what purpose? They love it, they make more money. Can you imagine sitting at home and making $7 on every domain registered electronically. As usual you are living in the 70's.

Outbound only works when you have something better to offer them than what the are currently using, or something geo specific that will help them get some more organic leads. You can't really outbound to well with 2019 hand registered catch phrases. The reason R Goyal does so well is he is based in India, and can hire low paid workers to sit there, and spam thousands of businesses. If Bulloney did this he would come under the canspam act, and has assets of value which can be taken during legal action. These guys based abroad fear nothing as they tend not to hold any tangible assets in their name.

Once again brokers are not the magic answer.
So you think I have assets of value in my name? .Com domains are so cheap, I can afford to give them away, and if just 10%, or 1 in 10 works, I'm way ahead of the game. If you need me to do the math for you I will, but you get the point.

The more I think about, the more we should be giving domains away to qualified consumers:xf.wink:

•••
Like with another one of the cabal...i didn't read beyond your first sentence
You've been disrespectful, belittling and name-calling to myself, others and the industry as a whole for over a year now. But honestly, because who you've consistently proven yourself to be, and show your character to be, I actually take it as a compliment when you insult me! HOWEVER .. it's your infantile child like behaviour of completely refusing to even read constructive criticism and advice that paints you as a truly lost cause and the picture definition of "ignorance is bliss"! You act like an ostrich not just with his head in the sand .. but with his whole body a thousand miles under concrete! It's tragic how afraid you are to even face logic and reason!

From the start I've consistently offered helpful advice. Taken my personal time to give you personalised opinions even in private. Then you turn around and wrongly include me in some imaginary group who you seem to think has some personal vendetta against you. I keep trying to tell you .. it's not you I'm attacking .. it's your flagrantly flawed ideas THAT MUST BE CHALLENGED BECAUSE THEY ARE DANGEROUS to other new domainers who might get the wrong idea of how to best move forward. I've always made a point to give clear and detailed explanations each and every time I disagree with you. I've said time and time again that what you're trying to do is business development and not domaining, and that you might be better suited going to a general business / start-up forum than staying in a domaining focused forum.

For all I know you might get one of your wild-and-woolly ideas to make money one day .. but as I've told you time and time again .. it won't be because of the domain .. and 99% of the value of any such developed business will be because of everything EXCEPT for the domain. Yes .. a cool domain can spark a cool business idea .. but you wrongly associate the value of your elaborate business ideas to their respective domains .. it's a mistake most, if not all, new domainers make. A reality you not just refuse to accept .. you refuse to even read or acknowledge as a possibility!

Associating the value of a potential not-yet-funded or not-yet-existent business to a random domain IS FISCALLY DANGEROUS AND WRONG (and it's never even a "must-have industry term" or the only domain that could be used)! Your continuing to make posts insinuating such value to you your domains gives newcomers a very misguided strategy on how to be a domainer. And YES .. each and EVERY time you continue to make such posts, I will continue to post why it's wrong .. not for the sake of arguing against you (because you've admitted MULTIPLE TIME that you don't even read) .. but for the sake of helping new domainers not follow your misguided path. What makes it even worse are your constant claims of self-grandeur .. nobody cares about what you did 30 years ago .. particularly after you've said it for the 200th time .. again .. it only points to your pathetic attempts at desperation .. trying to make yourself look better than everyone else so that you might trick someone to invest in your domains or ideas, or to get a broker to work for you.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/broker-needed.1160721/#post-7461648
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...r-brandables-here.795094/page-50#post-7350562
https://www.namepros.com/threads/broker-commissions-and-the-extra-mile.1159433/page-4#post-7459074
https://www.namepros.com/threads/an...or-sale-in-publications.1135200/#post-7223764
https://www.namepros.com/threads/homes-re-released.1118934/page-29#post-7242016
https://www.namepros.com/threads/political-domains-and-events.1129640/#post-7167313
https://www.namepros.com/threads/any-brokers-who-go-above-and-beyond.1138516/

Beyond that, all you do is boast about your past .. how you did this and did that .. and how you got a few people to invest thousands of dollars in your domain schemes. You boast about how you talk with all sort of big names in the industry like @Rob Monster and other executives at some of the registries .. but then you trash talk them later when they don't get on board with your (ill-conceived) plans.

You have all these wild ideas like going to conventions, etc .. but conveniently never include the actual costs ... then when I or others do put forth the ACTUAL MATH to prove you wrong time and time again .. you just ignore the evidence and "don't read past the first sentence". You're a grown man .. maybe it's time you start to act like one!

Even now you talk .. you come up with a million reasons to avoid the very foundational question ... If you think outbound will work, and you can't stop boasting and self-glorifying about how amazing you are and how much sales experience you have .. THEN .. WHY DO YOU NEED SOMEBODY ELSE TO YOU PICK UP A PHONE OR WRITE AN EMAIL ??? Just DO IT! Heck .. not all your domains are complete garbage .. you might even make a sale!

As for your idea of giving away domains
.. it's just absurd .. most domains sold never get developed .. so you'd need people to give you 10x over what should already be a 50x-200x+ mark-up. Again .. the math just does NOT work unless you're buddies with millionaires, and then it's basically a lottery ticket. Worse yet is that if people get a domain for free, then they'll be even less likely to actually make an effort to do something with it.

At the very least .. please delete BoBoWings and register BobosWings .. get the proper grammatically correct English version! It's still available at $7.49 at Epik or $8.49 at GoDaddy .. maybe even $1.99 at Network Solutions with a coupon if you prefer!

If you got this far .. PLEASE ..
take a minute to look in the mirror and see how you've done nothing but belittle and insult people who have taken the time to try to help you understand that we think you're making costly mistakes. It's not in my or anyone's interest to constantly waste time repeating the same things over and over again.

At the very least read and try to understand our advice .. and if you're not going to properly communicate like an adult (which again .. includes listening/reading opinions different from your own), then please, on behalf of everyone at NamePros, please choose to participate at a more relevant venue .. I honestly and genuinely suggest one focused more towards business development. Otherwise please take the time to try to understand other people's perspectives and views. Also, please stop with the self promotion and self-glorification .. it just makes you look desperate .. and more importantly, when you turn to that instead of rational constructive arguments and reason, it just show how disingenuous are are at actually participating in constructive dialog and debate.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do .. because in the end the more people who succeed with domains, the better it is for the industry as a whole.

Last edited:
•••
Every one of these threads goes the same way...

1.) Talk about how great I am.
2.) Namedrop to make me seem more important and credible.
3.) Spam a bunch of unrelated domains I own.
4.) Talk about how everyone else is a "hoarder", but not me the guy with 1500+ domains and no sales.
5.) Talk about how messed up the domain industry is and how I have all the solutions.
6.) Belittle, insult and demean others; people who have actually had success in the field.
7.) Try to find a "technical partner". AKA someone who does all the work, when all I bring to the table are marginal domains and unrealistic ideas.
8.) Rinse and Repeat.

Dunning-Kruger.

Last edited:
•••
•••
So you think I have assets of value in my name? .Com domains are so cheap, I can afford to give them away, and if just 10%, or 1 in 10 works, I'm way ahead of the game. If you need me to do the math for you I will, but you get the point.

The more I think about, the more we should be giving domains away to qualified consumers:xf.wink:
Nobody cares about your domain based assets, hard assets ie) real estate, securities etc...

Outbound farms out of India do not care about recourse from legal spam laws, as would someone based out of North America who is within arms reach of legal recourse when it comes to being held for damages, when it comes to non subscribed outbound marketing on a larger scale, without layers of anonymous accounts.

The registers are happy to give domains away to users as long as they purchase hosting, and other services, those systems have been in place for almost 20 years.

•••
Nobody cares about your domain based assets, hard assets ie) real estate, securities etc...

Outbound farms out of India do not care about recourse from legal spam laws, as would someone based out of North America who is within arms reach of legal recourse when it comes to being held for damages, when it comes to non subscribed outbound marketing on a larger scale, without layers of anonymous accounts.

The registers are happy to give domains away to users as long as they purchase hosting, and other services, those systems have been in place for almost 20 years.
I'm still not following you? If you're familiar with trusts and the like I have NO assets anyone can get their slimy hands on, and that's not to say I would do anything wrong anyway.

Now moving on to an "outbound" model where for a qualified customer, I would give them a domain along with some consulting services, and/or a business model that might help them be successful. Are you following me? I can give you an example if you would like. I not only have a lot of experience NAMING businesses, but I'm also experienced at starting and operating businesses. Regardless of what anyone here on NP says, I'm the REAL DEAL who has, and can show credentials:xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back