IT.COM

LLLLSales.com - Feedback, Bugs, Suggestions, etc

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As many of you who follow the LLLL.com market probably know, the previous resource for LLLL sales data hasn't been updated in months.

In an effort to provide a useful resource to those interested in LLLL.com sales data, I have created a website called LLLLSales.com, at the request of many of the frequent posters in the sales and discussion thread. I have spent a good amount of the last week developing the site and adding sales data from the sales thread here.

Please feel free to try the site out and use this thread as a place to post feedback, bugs, or any suggestions in general for the website.

Next: ShortNames (formerly LLLLSales)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, they are all displayed now.
Thank you for that quick fix and your website. In addition of sales history, having auctions promoted is a big advantage.

HCZV.com shows 51$ and 38 minutes on your site. The minute are ok, but the price does not seem to be accurate. Is the amount only refreshed at X interval of time?

Ebay auctions are updated hourly through their API. Godaddy just provided a datafeed once a day so prices and number of bids are not always completely up to date on those. Sales prices are recorded once the auction is over so those are accurate.

•••
I've been a big fan of LLLLsales.com since day one. Now, I'm visiting more than ever. The updates are fantastic. Everything looks great.

•••
Just came across this website today and love it already!!! :)

•••
the Featured Auction banner is a nice addition....

How does one get an auction featured? :lookaround:

Planning to let people buy a featured listing for their auctions for $5/day. Right now I have to manually add listings but might set up an order form if there's enough interest.

•••
Is there any way to change the interval of the price charts to a more frequent basis?
That's what I was going to suggest last week but I figured he was pretty busy with stuff already.

If the charts somehow updated daily, I would visit daily, simple as that.

I also wish there was 'Average' price in the price charts and not just the 'Minimum' based on one low domain sale that month. Average llll QP and CP prices would be awesome to view daily, but sounds like a ton of work, probably requiring automatic removal of outlier sales like dictionary words and such

•••
Weekly updates would be sufficient

Adding an adjustable graph would be awesome, perhaps with the parameters on the left sidebar

•••
Here is a riddle, how to automate the auction results to be accurate when LLLL are sold in lots...

for example kgqi shows $626, however it was a lot with more LLLL names . . .

I've written a filter to only record prices for single domain auctions, and bulk lots will no longer be posted to the site. In running it over the past few months of Flippa results, the following sales have been flagged as lots and removed:

fgsw.com https://flippa.com/5190950
mqvh.com https://flippa.com/5213554
uhxm.com https://flippa.com/5100751
kgqi.com https://flippa.com/4951104
xgio.com https://flippa.com/4492857
vpyx.com https://flippa.com/4508465
vuwk.com https://flippa.com/4497451
xwir.com https://flippa.com/4469581
suqy.com https://flippa.com/4423749
dxeo.com https://flippa.com/4438732
foqr.com https://flippa.com/4369007

Featured auction link does not work for me.

When I click on it it opens a new browser tab directed to the auction. BUT .. the original tab is also redirected to the auction instead of staying on LLLL.com.

Thanks for pointing this out. It's been fixed and now the featured auction link will just open the auction in a new tab and the original tab will remain on the page at LLLLSales.com

•••
@rpanella

Few suggestions:

1) Along with Current Auctions, Recent Sales column could be showed besides it

2) Showing sales history of an LLLL, if an LLLL has been sold multiple times, clicking the LLLL would show sales history details

3) Filter by marketplace to see ( GD, Flippa, Ebay, etc) see what price, on avg a name sells for. Will help sellers find best marketplace

4) Daily email, containing list of LLLL sold

5) A separate page for, names auctioned but not sold as reserve was not met, if possible with max bid price and max bid count

Just mentioned this a post ago, but "Thanks" again for making this website :)

Last edited:
•••
Is there any way to change the interval of the price charts to a more frequent basis?

That's what I was going to suggest last week but I figured he was pretty busy with stuff already.

If the charts somehow updated daily, I would visit daily, simple as that.

I also wish there was 'Average' price in the price charts and not just the 'Minimum' based on one low domain sale that month. Average llll QP and CP prices would be awesome to view daily, but sounds like a ton of work, probably requiring automatic removal of outlier sales like dictionary words and such

Weekly updates would be sufficient

Adding an adjustable graph would be awesome, perhaps with the parameters on the left sidebar

The reason the charts are only updated bi-weekly (chinese premium) or once a month (quad premium) is because there aren't enough sales each day to get a decent sample size. From day to day, prices can be all over the place based on what domains happen to sell that day. By taking 2 weeks of sales to find the minimum (5th percentile) there are enough sales that the data becomes statistically significant. What I can do to update more often, is provide new data points every couple days based on the previous 14 days of sales, instead of just at the end of each 14 day period. The chart will look very similar, but have additional data points between the current ones so it will appear more "smooth" and of course also have a new data point more often. I should have the new charts up within a couple hours.

Secondly, the idea of charting the average sales price, as you mention, is fairly useless because big outliers can really affect the data. Filtering out english words, end user sales, or prices above a certain threshold isn't very easy because where do you draw the line? A more meaningful metric would be median price, which isn't affected by outliers. But even the median price over time is not super useful because the quality of domains and auction houses they were reported from have varied over the history of our site. Some past months where we have limited data only from Namejet would show a $2000+ median, which was obviously not the case at the time. The "minimum price" (based on 5th percentile) is one of the more useful metrics to a domainer because it shows what the liquid value of your domains if you were forced to sell at auction tomorrow.

•••
I sold a domain on eBay yesterday evening. Is there a reason why it does not show on your website?
On eBay search for "YIGK" in sold items to find the listing.

My other auctions are usually on your website. Maybe this listing was considered a "multiple domain" because the name is written YIGK.com and yigk.com in the listing.

I found the problem and it's added now. It wasn't because of a multiple domain issue. The filter deals well with capitalization and other domains listed with prices as comparables vs also being for sale.

The program which records sales prices would only check ebay auctions in our system that had at least 1 bid to save time, since there are many with high prices that end unsold. Unfortunately since we only update the auction data from their API every couple hours, auctions that receive the first bid in the last hour had a chance of being missed, which was the case here. Now it will check all auctions regardless of if they had a bid in our system.

•••
is it possible for your program to render the language of thread updates so namepros auctions show on the right? it would be great if this happened!

•••
Hi,

I have sold a few LLLL.com's over the years but a search on the site doesn't show up for some?

I have checked my Sedo, Escrow records for dates and amounts.

cbdo.com for $4000 - Aug 12th 2015 (Private thru Escrow.com) - No results found

wswu.com for $1500 - May 19th 2015 (Sedo.com) - On site

bmaq.com for $3000 - Aug 18th 2014 (Private thru Escrow.com) - No results found

waqu.com for $5500 - Apr 13th 2012 (Private thru Escrow.com) - No results found

wtru.com for $4490 - Sep 19th 2006 (Sedo.com) - On site wrong date, not sold in 2011, still with the same owner.

How do I let you know if I sell a LLLL.com privately?

Cheers,
Steve

I've posted/corrected all your private sales. Thanks for contributing the data.

•••
I'm sorry if this question has been addressed before, but if an auction gets bids but does not hit reserve, is it included in LLLLSales.com completed auctions?

forge is correct, only sales where the reserve was met are reported on the site.

•••
You should register and develop "nnnnnsales.com" :)

•••
Feature Request 2: LLLL sales of other extensions like .net and new gTLDs

•••
The checkbox "Chinese Premium" is not working anymore.

Might just be an issue with your browser caching an old version of the javascript. Reload and let me know if it's still not working.

•••
yeah working now.. i guess i didnt check VCCC correctly .. sorry.
Don't sorry us Dom, you messed up and messed up badly.
Time to atone for your mistakes. You know our Paypal..

In seriousness. Good job on the added features, Russell. :-$

•••
I did a search today.

I put a "Y" in the 3 spot and I only check VCCC. No results.
I put a "Y" in the 3 spot and I only check VCVC. No results.

This is not correct.
Below names should be returned by one of these searches :
asyt.com $535.00 9/21/2015 NameJet
ekyc.com $200.00 9/21/2015 GoDaddy
egyd.com $155.50 9/16/2015 Ebay
ebyq.com $187.50 9/14/2015 Ebay
enyg.com $162.00 9/13/2015 GoDaddy
ipyg.com $188.00 9/12/2015 GoDaddy

I just tried the same, and it is working fine for me.

Y in 3 spot with VCCC checked brings up 798 results.
Y in 3 spot with VCVC checked brings up 0 results (because he does not count Y as a vowel probably, at least not in the 3 spot. It is ok at 2 spot or 4 spot as a vowel)

Yeah it seems to be working as it should. For most patterns, Y is considered a consonant so it there won't be any results for VCVC with Y in the 3rd position.

However, it is treated special with CVCV domains. The Y can either be a consonant or a vowel, but not both (except for the case where it's at the beginning and end).

For example: YADO, PYTA, YITY, ZYDY all come up under a CVCV search while BOYY PYYD YYED do not.

•••
Congrats on your shout-out by Elliot today! I love the tool myself!

•••
Just went to check sales at LLLLSales.com for today and saw this..

nuH9nsQ.jpg

Christmas started early this year, at least for someone :)

•••
I would pay at least $7.50 for toys.com

Even with 1 bad Chinese letter and one bad English letter, with current LLLL prices you should be able to flip for it at least $150 no problem!

•••
Would it be possible to have a search criteria for "Double letter" ?

We have:
- Triple Letter (ok great)
- Double Repeat (nice, but repeated letters have to be next to each other)
- Double Letter (?? maybe .. for domains where a letter is there twice, but not next to each other)

I think it could be a nice feature to add.

•••
Host.com and news.com show as sales on 3/14 at $9.99 apiece. Of course they are IDNs.

Can these be deleted?

Thanks, Russell.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back