IT.COM

LLLLL.com (5 Letter) Sales and discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GlobalDomainer

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like 5L coms too, and most of good, pronounceable and brandable are already taken.
A few I have:

ToNap.com
Budux.com
WCOne.com
WROne.com
HugeP.com

•••
---

Last edited:
•••
godolphin said:
Answer:
1. Type-in traffic.
2. Very easily pronouncable.
3. Premium Letters.

Tip: Try to find 5L typo domains with Traffic and Revenue and you are well ahead of the game. BTW, i found two 5L domains with T/R in the past two months.

also important, a letter combo which can not be mixed up. That´s why I like bodis as a name that much :)

•••
meek said:
also important, a letter combo which can not be mixed up. That´s why I like bodis as a name that much :)
Can you be more specific about what "mixed up" means?
Bodis is IMO a typo of Bodies, of course now its a different identity.

•••
What I actually ment is that you can not type it in any other way... The way you pronounce it is the way you type it.

I agree it is a typo as well. But in terms of brandability it is a very good name.

•••
I have about 50 LLLLL.com domains. I found there are still many good ones out there to register or to purchase for reasonable amounts.

•••
I have quite a few aswell, with the whole 2.0 style of naming I grabbed many with catchy memorable sounding letter combinations.

Today I grabbed "Otism.com" sounds like Autism, see what type of traffic it produces.

•••
Here is a nifty site for finding pronounceable 5L domains

http://www.5letter.com/domain-names/

Use the contain option and type in stuff like 'ini' or 'oso' or whatever.

I'm not acquiring domains at the moment. But one that I really liked is fiono.com. Still available as of today (EDIT: TAKEN).

(I think another thing to think about with a 5L is if it is a typo of anything. Even if you get a small amount of natural traffic, that adds to the value. I have conog.com and I'm pretty sure I was getting some typo traffic before I redirected).

Last edited:
•••
I just have a couple of 5L.c*ms at the moment

ziang & mamso

•••
So, this is what we are up to now!

No wonder my three letter coms are getting so many unsolicited offers recently.

•••
markits said:
So, this is what we are up to now!

No wonder my three letter coms are getting so many unsolicited offers recently.

LOL, the market is always right...

•••
Picked these off the other day..

roors.com
loors.com
heehs.com
gaags.com
laags.com

=)

•••
c4smok said:
Picked these off the other day..

roors.com

Seriously!!? Nice one! This one must have been dropped? You really got this one for reg. fee...?!! Why did I not see it :'( Roors are a very popular and very high quality German "water pipes". I see it is on parked. Trust me your CTR will be much higher if keywords are something 420 related.. IMHO

Last edited:
•••
I have Brope.com/Cloap.com :)

•••
cassius said:

QUOTE]

Hey that is a great tool. I see that most of the premium VCVCV´s are already taken btw.

•••
btw.....

Which combination is more sought after in LLLLL. is it CVCVC or VCVCV

I have some all premium CVCVC combinations. So if someone can shed some light on this it would be great.

•••
xXDanteXx said:
btw.....

Which combination is more sought after in LLLLL. is it CVCVC or VCVCV

I have some all premium CVCVC combinations. So if someone can shed some light on this it would be great.

I bought more CVCVC lately, but with the tool mentioned earlier in this thread I found out that there are much more VCVCV regged then CVCVC as far as the premium letters are concerned.

•••
•••
ironically minutes after reading this thread i saw a tv commercial for bamzu.com

•••
fatter said:
ironically minutes after reading this thread i saw a tv commercial for bamzu.com

lol , I rest my case. IMHO 4 letter domains can be extremely brandable. But good 5 letter domains are much more attractive to endusers than crappy LLLL domains. What kind of company is bamzu.com ?

•••
ya u r rite they r the nextbig thing

•••
cassius said:

I'm not acquiring domains at the moment. But one that I really liked is fiono.com. Still available as of today (EDIT: TAKEN).

(I think another thing to think about with a 5L is if it is a typo of anything. Even if you get a small amount of natural traffic, that adds to the value. I have conog.com and I'm pretty sure I was getting some typo traffic before I redirected).
Would be nice if the tool would allow to filter the results with a V/C pattern like CVCCV.

I am quite fond of the name aduby.com, don't know why ;)

Some more: cacty, dofty, eieme, eifty, faecy, ficty, fssty, gysty, icsty, lvmac, ngmac, nyome, ticty, vocty, zacty

•••
jido said:
Would be nice if the tool would allow to filter the results with a V/C pattern like CVCCV.

I agree. With LLLL the value is mostly determined based on the VCVC or CVCV structure, with LLLLL the value is more determined based on the letter combo.

•••
•••
Back