Dynadot

LLLLL.com (5 Letter) Sales and discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GlobalDomainer

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you can also check out freshdrop.net for LLLLL.coms

•••
just regged finif.com. I just like names with repeating letters in this structure!

•••
jido said:
Would be nice if the tool would allow to filter the results with a V/C pattern like CVCCV.
Thanks for all the kind words regarding www.5letter.com guys!

I'm going to be updating the site soon and will add the V/C option, which is an excellent idea - ty! ;)

Is it almost time to dev 6letter.com?

:o

•••
I did a search on different CV combinations on NameBio for domains that sell for >$1000. From sales results, it looks like CVCVC.com, CVCCV.com, VCVCV.com and CVCVV.com give the best results.

CVCVC.com - 25 results
CVCCV.com - 21 results (+5 CVCCY.com)
CVCVV.com - 11 results (There are 4.2 CVCVC.com for every one CVCVV.com)
VCVCV.com - 12 results (There are 4.2 VCVCV.com for every one CVCVV.com)

7 VCVCV.com that sold end with the letter e. (Maybe an underated LLLLL.com category. Don't know)

•••
Just reg'd NAHTI.com which has the .org developed. I thought i'd get a close match to my Nahty.com which i think is pretty good IMHO.

•••
I think good 5L.coms are much more worth than bad 4L.coms.

not too popular yet, a week ago BRIKY.com was sold on ebay for 7.50$, I think it sounds quite good... Looks like 2 opening consonants doesn't look good to buyers...

•••
I think that they are a great investment idea.

Here is a quote from what I wrote in a thread I posted earlier this year:

GreenGambler said:
IMO 5L.coms are already starting to heat up and as soon as all of the LLLL.coms are reg's the 5L.com market will really start to move.

If you can afford to hold them for a couple years then TRULEY pronouncable, quality letter, 5L.coms are going to be highly sought.. IMO

What do you think about them?

Yes there are more 5L.coms then 4L's or 3L's but if you only are looking for quality combinations of quality letters then that does dwindle the numbers down a bit.

There are:
17,576 3L.coms
456,976 4L.coms
11,881,376 5L.coms

OK, so yeah, there are alot more 5L.coms than the others. But like I said try to look at only the 5L.coms with quality combination or letters.

One example would be: CVCVC.coms (C=Consonant, V=Vowel)
Assuming that, X, Y, Z, Q, J, K, H, U, W are NOT premium letters (debatable).

There are only 122,825 premium letter, CVCVC.coms

and

Only 36,125 premium letter VCVCV.coms

Basically you have to find the niche within the niche :)

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong,
GG

I'm on board:)

•••
i have some LLLLL.com as well... could you tell me what you think about them?
i reg'd premium CVCVC with repeating letters

BAFAF - BEHEB - FIDID - DEGEG - GECEG - HEDEG - HIHIR - HILIL - MOHOF - NENEG - NINIH - PEDEP - PEGEG - PIFIC - RIFIF - RIHIH - TIRIB

•••
i don't think they carry much value. A good domain, even if having more letters will fetch more. Just trying to register a few to thinking that the demand will pick up won't be a good idea.

•••
Some available LLLLL.com's:

REROT.COM
LODEB.COM
GOFEF.COM
BEFIG.COM
PIGAP.COM
CONEH.COM

Feel free to register any and rep/np$. :)

•••
Now that the LLLL coms are almost gone, I expect to see a growing interest in LLLLL.coms soon.

•••
tristanperry said:
Some available LLLLL.com's:

REROT.COM
LODEB.COM
GOFEF.COM
BEFIG.COM
PIGAP.COM
CONEH.COM

Feel free to register any and rep/np$. :)

I think ReRot .com is a good name.

I think I own around 50 but here are a few of my favorite 5L.com's in my portfolio.

Quani .com , I really love this one alot for some reason.
Geani .com , I have it developed as a Denim Jeans site now:)
Throz .com , I just like the way it looks.
Homow .com , Why not?
UeUeU .com, All Vowels
AjijA .com , Palindrome
Zowin .com , Looks Cool

•••
Ajija is cool, I like palindromes. Great name for 2.0

•••
Just regged this sweet VCVCV:

OVURE.COM

Only has like 400-something hits on Google but I like it.

:D

•••
I regged this:

muchh.com

whot do you think guys?
is it valuable if LLLLL.com has overture?

Last edited:
•••
h3rm4w4n said:
I regged this:

muchh.com

whot do you think guys?
is it valuable if LLLLL.com has overture?

I'm sure it helps :) I have found some other 5L.com's like that. They are a four letter word with a repeating fourth letter. I guess it depends on the four letter word, whether it has a developed website and how popular it is.

Right now I am going more for the easy to pronounce, generic brandable names. I recently registered Xarth .com. I think it sounds cool.

•••
:)

GreenGambler said:
I'm sure it helps :) I have found some other 5L.com's like that. They are a four letter word with a repeating fourth letter. I guess it depends on the four letter word, whether it has a developed website and how popular it is.

Right now I am going more for the easy to pronounce, generic brandable names. I recently registered Xarth .com. I think it sounds cool.

muchh, muchhh and muchhhh get may google result. i think mean 'so much".
I want to discuss about your opinion that if the LLLLL.com is brandable and depends on four letter. If the 4 letter popolar so the five similar letter will be similar too?
i yes. i think it purpose to get traffic. but i think if your brand similar to other brand it would be confusing.

How bout five letter that has meaning but not sounds great.
for example four letter and add i in the first.
and it has google adwords search volume.

Last edited:
•••
just grabed up

Vorie.com
and
Pocie.com

•••
Good 5 letters are great, some I have, poonk.com sturp.com, sterp.com (as forum user meek was saying you want a name that can't be mixed up if possible, owning both sturp and sterp.com fixes that problem) Pammo.com, rejog.com, zecop.com psyde.com, zuzee.com, Fofoo.com, Bofoo.com owned Tofoo.com but sold it, had mycra.com sold it on sedo auction early last year $750. Own rarar.com, fefef.com, gikoo.com and so many more. There is something special about owning really good 5 letter domains

•••
I've been collecting good five-letter domains for a little over three years. I like the "shape" and size of them, and I've been getting into them again, since it appears the good ones are going.

addek.com
ammox.com
eqeqe.com
examp.com
fofio.com
gimia.com
jarga.com
jatie.com
ofano.com
Proul.com
puden.com
rimio.com
slaun.com
ucter.com
vaged.com

•••
Etab said:
I've been collecting good five-letter domains for a little over three years. I like the "shape" and size of them, and I've been getting into them again, since it appears the good ones are going.

addek.com
ammox.com
eqeqe.com
examp.com
fofio.com
gimia.com
jarga.com
jatie.com
ofano.com
Proul.com
puden.com
rimio.com
slaun.com
ucter.com
vaged.com

Problem is: out of 11,881,376 LLLLL.com .....how many do sell ? 0.1 % ? (which would be about 11,881 )

•••
italiandragon said:
Problem is: out of 11,881,376 LLLLL.com .....how many do sell ? 0.1 % ? (which would be about 11,881 )
Actually, my first LLLLL sold for $500 -- and that was nearly two years ago. These names aren't necessarily for resale; I'd rather develop them or wait for an end user of some sort.

•••
Etab said:
Actually, my first LLLLL sold for $500 -- and that was nearly two years ago. These names aren't necessarily for resale; I'd rather develop them or wait for an end user of some sort.

oh...and how many did you reg so far?

I regged 20 LLL.at (Austria) in 2006 and 1 month later , an enduser approached me so I managed to sell one of them for 550 Euros which , at that time was about $715 , now it would be about $800

But the rest, I had to sell it at reg fee here despite some traffic.

I`m saying this, because I have been tempted too of regging some LLLLL.com but there are really tooooo many.

•••
italiandragon said:
oh...and how many did you reg so far?

I regged 20 LLL.at (Austria) in 2006 and 1 month later , an enduser approached me so I managed to sell one of them for 550 Euros which , at that time was about $715 , now it would be about $800

But the rest, I had to sell it at reg fee here despite some traffic.

I`m saying this, because I have been tempted too of regging some LLLLL.com but there are really tooooo many.
There are indeed too many, and I don't expect them to all be bought up. I don't specifically buy five-letter names; rather, I pick up names that are any length (yet as short as possible) that are pronounceable (eqeqe is an exception -- it was the last VCVCV where the vowel and consonant are the same letter)

It's not going to hurt to pick a few up to hold on to. Just don't register something that's sub-par only because it's five letters. If you're going to register a brandable domain and there's a six- or seven-letter that reads easier, take that name instead.

I've registered about 50, and the ones I put up for sale sold quickly, for the most part.

•••
How many LLLLL.com is around is meaningless yes, if they never get sold out. Doesnt matter. Great catchy 5 letter domains are all bought out, I don't believe there are any free to reg or ever will be, so really once the internet grow more people, eill go oh, man I wish I had bought that 5 letter domain name that was for sale, why did I just reg this freely available 5 letter and then try to tell myself it is a great name?

Actually. There is probably a handful that will pop up for free reg, but only handful, would be like searching for a needle in haystack to find them

On another note for 5 letter domains: Peoples names are good too, I have Stuze.com, Jimez.com and Pammo

Pammo.com, I should try to sell to Pamela Anderson

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back