Domain Empire

LLLL.net COUNTDOWN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
New Member Disclaimer: Four letter domain names are a relatively new investment category that is only beginning to gain traction in Dotcom. This domaining sector offers potentially larger returns than traditional revenue or traffic based domain names, however with this investment opportunity comes extravagant risk.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It was only a matter of time... First King Com. Then .CN fell. And now... I present to you LLLL.net :!:

This thread is designed to elicit discussion about LLLL.nets. You're encouraged to post anything you feel is relevant to LLLL.nets in this thread. This includes sales information, new regs, ...

Feb 05, 2008: All quad premium LLLL.nets are registered

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
gray929 said:
PTZE.NET Dropped today is available

dropped and caught.

thanks.

•••
edjackiel said:
D-: I don't like the look of that dot either... I'm going to backorder every dropping LLLL.net tomorrow just in case...

As far as premiums go, it looks like Buydomains only took htoo.net today.
mttt.net and lcon.net (not ICON) were backordered with Snap and might be in a private auction there...

•••
Standout! said:
D-: I don't like the look of that dot either... I'm going to backorder every dropping LLLL.net tomorrow just in case...

I've heard there are some other tld's ... kom, con ... ah it was .COM
so to go sure you should backorder every LLLL.com tooo ;)

•••
zoki said:
I've heard there are some other tld's ... kom, con ... ah it was .COM
so to go sure you should backorder every LLLL.com tooo ;)
Mmmm... well, the last I heard, people surf the interNET not interCOM ... :bingo:

•••
Johnny nice catch! BAIB,NET was just deleted by Pool -- was it listed at pool dutch auctions and no one bid?

I checked it out with Moniker, but I was too slow... :(

•••
Standout! said:
Johnny nice catch! BAIB,NET was just deleted by Pool -- was it listed at pool dutch auctions and no one bid?

I checked it out with Moniker, but I was too slow... :(

•••
Bamp.net

just been awarded Bamp.net after a successfull backorder! My 2nd LLLL.net after Gixi.net. Any good these two?

•••
bamp is pretty good, it dropped a few days ago. :D

•••
Ja$on said:
bamp is pretty good, it dropped a few days ago. :D
Nice super premium! It dropped on the 12th... at the backorder price, that name is definitely a holder...

•••
Yeah, at $59 it is a hold for now.

•••
VUDE,net just went to Snap...

•••
Nothing went to me but I guess now a days that's a given, lol.

•••
How exactly do you guys grab these domains so fast? I've been reading a lot in this thread and I've tried to figure out how you guys are catching these fast. Any help or links? :)

•••
Federer said:
just been awarded Bamp.net after a successfull backorder! My 2nd LLLL.net after Gixi.net. Any good these two?

Great names. I'd hold onto them for a while :|

•••
Dropscripts or if you want to pay more then regfee you can use godaddy backorders or pool.com or snapnames.com.

•••
DO you guys write your own drop catching scripts? Is it like PHP or some other language?

•••
I can barely write a sentence and they are usually filled with spelling errors.

If you look around you can find free ones or coders to make you one. I offer one on my blog but it has a 1 second wait timer between attempts.

•••
thebrokenbox said:
How exactly do you guys grab these domains so fast? I've been reading a lot in this thread and I've tried to figure out how you guys are catching these fast. Any help or links? :)
A lot of members here have scripts that use registrar APIs to check for name availability -and- register the name if it is available. The scripts aren't run 24/7, only during drop times (I'm guessing :p )

My script only checks for availability, but runs 24/7 (a whois scanner), and when they become available, I try to hand-reg the names myself. Sometimes this works on the 1st drop, and sometimes (more often) it works on Taster's Drops... If it's a good name, my scanner isn't fast enough to see the drop anyway...

•••
Does your scanner reg them for you? I am guessing no.

Can I get a copy of it? I am hoping yes.

:D

•••
ok good to know. I'll go take a look at your script Ja$on. It would be very helpful if I could use your thing too standout, that is if you are willing to lend it out ;) Thanks for the help.

•••
Yeah, i'd be interested in standouts scrpt too :)

anyone know if we're past 200k yet?

•••
Ja$on said:
Does your scanner reg them for you? I am guessing no.
Can I get a copy of it? I am hoping yes.
:D
It's held together with duct-tape and bungee cords right now :D It's a database too, all the nameserver/registrar/status changes since the beginning of this year on names that I watch...

I'd like to expose it more as an API, that's where GoDrops.com is heading. I already give email notifications (on a test basis) on drops, many NP'ers have benefited from this, and now I've started drop and pick-up rss feeds...

Eventually, I'll have an API that allows members to add domains to their watch list... -AND- hopefully reg them too if they've prepaid into an account... anyway, putting this together during my day-job :p

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back