Dynadot

question LLLL.coms - From under $20 to over $200 in 3 years

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

acenames

Established Member
Impact
So I was researching 4 letter .com prices and I happened to randomly come across I thread that I started in 2013!

https://www.namepros.com/threads/4-letter-coms-on-the-rise.806186/

In this thread I asked the community "Do you think LLLL.coms are on the rise?"

I noticed that they all had at least 1 bid when they were expiring.

Back then I thought that $20 seemed HIGH for a LLLL.com with bad letters! I thought the people buying them up might not see a good return anytime soon and so I did not invest in them.

Wrong move!

Back then (Only 3 years ago), you could get LLLL.coms for under $20-30. Basically as many as you wanted, as they expired every day. So lets say you bought 10 of them for $25 each. You held them for 3 years which was a renewal rate of say $10 ($30 in total for 3 years). So you spend about $55 per name buying it and renewing it. They are now worth at the very least $200+.

So if you bought 10 in 2013, you payed about $550 buying and renewing. They are now worth well over $2k.

This means LLLL.coms have risen beyond 300% in only 3 years. These are better returns than most stocks.

This doesn't mean that trend will continue of course. Maybe they will tank down to $100? But maybe they will continue rising in value. A strategy that might be worth pursuing is buying liquids and simply holding them for a steady rise in value.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I did the same..I thought the LLLL.com value will not increase. But it eventually went up..

•••
I think it will continue to rise. Since LLLL are the next best thing in .coms to the LLL, all the LLL have the base price around 17k. So its never a dull moment, Good Chips are selling north of 500, so seems like owning a chip LLLL .coms are best strategy, which will increase in price in future

•••
i have buy a LLLL.com in luly 2015 at 85$

•••
i have buy a LLLL.com in luly 2016 at 70$. But it eventually went up..

•••
I usually dont buy into stuff like that but i did try one at like $20 and sold it few months later $90 or so.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back