Domain Empire

LLLL.coms... Predictions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

OddTop

The eBay GuyEstablished Member
Impact
Are LLLL.com's good to invest in? IF I can get mediocre domains like.. UPCY.com, will it be worth something more someday?

I'd hate it if in 10 years decent LLLL.coms were selling for 500-600 dollars and I didn't invest in any.

Any predictions on where this market is going?

;),
Oly

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not expect good return on it....there is 26*26*26 LLL.com while 26*26*26*26 LLLL.com, so, using a basic caculation...

if LLL using 10 years from reg fee to now 2600$ per name,
then LLLL using 10 year can from reg fee to 100$ per name...

this is a base caculation, but u also need consider both LLL and LLLL have lots of random one, but LLL is easy to remember, thus, at the value of LLL and LLLl is not 26 times, it may be 50 times....

of couse, I am talk those random name only, not saying about wiki.com or coco.com,
so, play the gambling, choose the best one as u can....pronoucable, brandable, the combination is easy to remember like have duplicate letter......or well meaningful abbreviation...etc

•••
kevmacmeh said:
agreed there. I have a nice wee collection of pronouncable 4 letter .coms now. I accidently backordered woqo.com on pool last week but i really like it now as it is very easy to type (try it yourself :hehe: ) and i heard loco.com went for $50,000 on sedo i think

Well dont be too excited about loco.com went for $50K, loco is "dude" or something like that in spanish :P

•••
cr0e said:
Well dont be too excited about loco.com went for $50K, loco is "dude" or something like that in spanish :P

No i didnt mean mine was worth that :laugh:

I was just giving an example ;)

•••
•••
jacob said:
if LLL using 10 years from reg fee to now 2600$ per name,
then LLLL using 10 year can from reg fee to 100$ per name...

That equation doesn't work very well, because in 10 years LLL.com's will be selling for 20k a piece. (Seriously, try to imagine 10 years of the internet - thats forever!)

With a market that is so expensive, decent LLLL.coms will be worth $400-$500. (1/26th of 20k is $770). Besides, like others have said, LLLL.coms are already worth $100 in many cases (Most of the LLLL.com domains that expired and don't have Xs Zs or Qs are being snached up by pool every day).

In my experience LLLL.coms also have some traffic. I just bought Jirf.com a couple of days ago and already have 20 hits. It pays for its own reg fee ;).

In conclusion, stay the hell away from this market, I don't want competition.

JK. ;),
Oly

•••
There are still some good 4 letter domains out there, get them quick!

I've just regged pukt.com ;)

•••
it's all about .com!

I've been following a random sample of 4,469 LLLL.com's for about 22 days now:

the # available has gone from 843 to 783 ...

I think 4,469 names is a good enough sample... over the 22 days the % of available names overall has gone from 18.86% to 17.52% ... it's fun to watch them slowly disappear!

•••
Olympia said:
That equation doesn't work very well, because in 10 years LLL.com's will be selling for 20k a piece. (Seriously, try to imagine 10 years of the internet - thats forever!)

With a market that is so expensive, decent LLLL.coms will be worth $400-$500. (1/26th of 20k is $770). Besides, like others have said, LLLL.coms are already worth $100 in many cases (Most of the LLLL.com domains that expired and don't have Xs Zs or Qs are being snached up by pool every day).

In my experience LLLL.coms also have some traffic. I just bought Jirf.com a couple of days ago and already have 20 hits. It pays for its own reg fee ;).

In conclusion, stay the hell away from this market, I don't want competition.

JK. ;),
Oly

I am so annoyed about not regging jirf.com when i saw it
:'(

Why did i not go for it.

•••
i managed to get eerz.com, just going to sit on it and hope :)

•••
I regged today Dilq.com and Qbli.com :)

I think next year there will no any LLLL avaliable, so it would be first step in price rising ;)

•••
pr1pl said:
I think next year there will no any LLLL avaliable, so it would be first step in price rising ;)

I think it will take longer than that ... but it will happen, though!

•••
i have mehx.com, jehx.com, lehx.com, hahx.com,

i think if i got an offer of $20-25 for each i might have to accept the offer, or do you guys think it pays alot more to just sit on them for a year or 2?

•••
pr1pl said:
I regged today Dilq.com and Qbli.com :)

keep dreaming

lets all start wasting :$:

•••
Sniffey said:
i have mehx.com, jehx.com, lehx.com, hahx.com,

i think if i got an offer of $20-25 for each i might have to accept the offer, or do you guys think it pays alot more to just sit on them for a year or 2?

just let go n get more

•••
iggy said:
keep dreaming

lets all start wasting :$:

:hehe:

And i get new :gn: s:

urtn.com, fgpw.com, zwaw.com

;)

MCDomains said:
I think it will take longer than that ... but it will happen, though!

I hope so ;)

:imho: it`s reaonable to reg different kinds of domains

- LLLL.com`s
- brandable 2-3word.com`s
- keywordable ones in new extensions like .in .es .eu
- Local ccTLD

if one kind of them will prove weak investment other ones will refund reg fees and make profits.

Anyway each domain is risk to loose reg fee, but chanse to win much more so i think it`s gambling but not waste of money :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back