Dynadot

LLLL.com Live Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bfluid

Mr. LLLL ManVIP Member
Impact
No more submissions.

The "LLLL.com Exclusive Live Auction" is final. It will be held on March 22nd at 3PM EST (GMT-5).

For listings: http://www.tymaier.com/listings/ .

This auction will be conducted in the Namepros Chatroom. :)

Prebidding here.

No submission fee.

To sell your LLLL.com's please send me the following information about the name(s) you are selling:

Name:
Registrar:
Expiration:
Description (If any, this doesn't matter unless you want to utilize it.):
Payment Options:

Reserve is gone and we are going to impend a buyout clause instead. The clause is 20% with a $5 cap.

Also, Bidders with 0 trader rating must complete payment on a winning auction before bidding again.

With Integrity,
Ty Maier

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thats nice to hear,

i have a quad premium so if there is no reserve how would we sell, can u tell me wats a buy out clause is......since my purchase price is around $1K and i would like to have some profit on auction,

also guys my website http://websitetraders.com is also there to help in anyway for the LLLL or in any other way for all our buddies, if u like it for helding the auction or for that any other matter i want it to be utilised it for the benefit of fellow buddies/domaineers,

thats a good idea,
will submit my domain via pm

•••
wat does buy out clause mean if there is no reserve, i mean how do we specify the minimum value we need

pm sent thanx

•••
It means that if the domain doesn't reach the value you you want, you pay the winning bidder $5 to drop the sale.

•••
dpro said:
thats nice to hear,

i have a quad premium so if there is no reserve how would we sell, can u tell me wats a buy out clause is......since my purchase price is around $1K and i would like to have some profit on auction,

also guys my website http://websitetraders.com is also there to help in anyway for the LLLL or in any other way for all our buddies, if u like it for helding the auction or for that any other matter i want it to be utilised it for the benefit of fellow buddies/domaineers,

thats a good idea,
will submit my domain via pm

Buyout clause put in some of the best words I can use:
There is no reserve. The bidders in the auction bid as high as the are willing for the domain name, and if it does not go as high as you want... you (the seller) can opt to use the buyout clause. Which means you can pay the highest bidder $5 and you keep the domain name.

•••
I posted on DP about the auction

•••
bfluid said:
Buyout clause put in some of the best words I can use:
There is no reserve. The bidders in the auction bid as high as the are willing for the domain name, and if it does not go as high as you want... you (the seller) can opt to use the buyout clause. Which means you can pay the highest bidder $5 and you keep the domain name.

Or names right? If they are in a lot?

Derek

•••
I am not sure if you can not sell part of the lot but sell the rest of the lot

•••
Yes, Derek.
It applies for an entire lot when names are listed in a lot.

•••
thanx

Reserve is gone and we are going to impend a buyout clause instead. The clause is 20% with a $5 cap.

plz explain this coz my purchase price is around $1.1k

thats well worded

•••
If you want $1,100 for the domain, and someone only offers $800, you pay them $5 and then you don't sell the domain to them

•••
thanx

just scrolled up n got the clause

thats well worded

thanx bobby

•••
Thanks to all you guys helping me out answering questions. I have a very busy week and I even had to cancel something on Saturday to do this auction. :)

•••
Hope the donations make up for it

•••
bobby9101 said:
Hope the donations make up for it
Yeah well the $30 I've gotten won't quite make up for my time.... but this has been a fun experience.

I've had multiple people tell me they are willing to give me a little cut of the pie they sell their domains. Maybe that will help lol!

•••
yeah, that's my plan.

next time, if all goes well this time, i'd be perfectly okay with you charging say $5 per domain and $15 per lot or something

•••
bobby9101 said:
yeah, that's my plan.

next time, if all goes well this time, i'd be perfectly okay with you charging say $5 per domain and $15 per lot or something
Yeah, I might do something like that next time.

•••
bfluid said:
The "LLLL.com Exclusive Live Auction" is final. It will be held on March 22nd at 3PM EST (GMT-5).

I have decided to allow 100 lots. The following will probably be the maximum number of LLLL.com's per category (but this will most likely change as time passes by):

30 Triple Premiums
25 Quad Premiums
20 Non-Premiums
10 CvCv.com's
10 VcVc.com's
5 Bulk Lots

But please submit all of the domain names you want to sell. Just tell me if you want them to be sold bulk or individually.

For the time being (until I set up a site for you guys to submit your domain names) you can PM me with the information I need.

To sell your LLLL.com's please send me the following information about the name(s) you are selling:

Name:
Registrar:
Expiration:
Description (If any, this doesn't matter unless you want to utilize it.):
Payment Options:

Also, Bidders with 0 trader rating must complete payment on a winning auction before bidding again.

I will post a final sheet of the domains we will be selling after I get enough domains to fill the auction, or when I see fit to do so. :)

I have no problem being the auctioneer, but if someone really wants to do it, feel free to contact me. If anyone has any questions, please contact me.

If I have forgot anything, please contact me.

With Integrity,
Ty Maier

I am a bit confused about the terms of this auction so I don`t know if I`m going to be part of it.

First I don`t know HOW LONG it lasts, and it`s already hard for me to be there at that time zone.

Second, I have never seen this buy-out thing....I don`t understand the sense of it.

And last, the listing page is confusing, I can`t see how the names are sorted. Some .net in the middle of .com add more confusion.

Is it just me?

Thanks

•••
italiandragon said:
I am a bit confused about the terms of this auction so I don`t know if I`m going to be part of it.

First I don`t know HOW LONG it lasts, and it`s already hard for me to be there at that time zone.

Second, I have never seen this buy-out thing....I don`t understand the sense of it.

And last, the listing page is confusing, I can`t see how the names are sorted. Some .net in the middle of .com add more confusion.

Is it just me?

Thanks
Yes I have been confused about this auction, and have wondered how long it will last. I have heard 5 hours ish? I think. But then again the namepros auction doesn't have a time limit either.

I would have loved to have seen this be a multiday auction, because I do not think that I will be available at that time, but I think it's better than no auction.

•••
italiandragon said:

Is it just me?

Thanks

Hello Lorenzo,

I don't think Ty is here so let me try to answer your questions.

It basically lasts till all the lots are auctioned off, even the NamePros auction had similar terms and that was pretty much a massive success.

The buyout clause is basically to provide consolation for the no-reserve rule. Let's say you put up a quad premium of yours which you expected to go for $600 but the highest bid is only $400. Ordinarily, if you had a reserve you wouldn't be obligated to sell under but now that there is no reserve you are forced to sell. Enter the buyout clause, instead of selling you can pay the winning bidder $5 and keep the domain yourself without being obligated any longer.

I think the listings will be randomly reordered about an hour before the auction so nothing is definite as of yet. I don't think any auction has similar items listed side by side.

The auction starts 2: 30 AM my time so even I have some qualms about that but I don't really mind as everyone can't be happy at the same time. This is going to be one of the best live auctions :imho:

•••
Basement said:
I just noticed you own JOJJ.net, I own JJOJ.net :p

•••
Basement said:
Hello Lorenzo,

I don't think Ty is here so let me try to answer your questions.

It basically lasts till all the lots are auctioned off, even the NamePros auction had similar terms and that was pretty much a massive success.

The buyout clause is basically to provide consolation for the no-reserve rule. Let's say you put up a quad premium of yours which you expected to go for $600 but the highest bid is only $400. Ordinarily, if you had a reserve you wouldn't be obligated to sell under but now that there is no reserve you are forced to sell. Enter the buyout clause, instead of selling you can pay the winning bidder $5 and keep the domain yourself without being obligated any longer.

I think the listings will be randomly reordered about an hour before the auction so nothing is definite as of yet. I don't think any auction has similar items listed side by side.

The auction starts 2: 30 AM my time so even I have some qualms about that but I don't really mind as everyone can't be happy at the same time. This is going to be one of the best live auctions :imho:

Thanks for your kind explanation, rep left :)

Well, I never took part in the NP auctions due to the time zone they run them as well, plus it gave me the impression that exposure was little.

If this one is similar and last only 1 day or less then I won`t sell anything, if I can I`ll rather buy. I think more days give more exposure.

Thanks

•••
Yeah, I myself have listed only a few LLLL.net lots and a triple premium 4L.com. I'd rather prefer to buy than sell in this case.
Thanks for the rep :)

•••
bfluid said:
The auction will officially be held on March 22nd.

I would reconsider holding the auction on a Saturday afternoon (here in the US) of a holiday weekend. Many people will be traveling and spending time with family over the weekend, and I think you turnout will be much lower than if it was held on a weekday like most auctions.

I want to see this auction succeed, and for that to happen I think its important to ensure the biggest turnout possible, which I don't will happen over the holiday weekend.

•••
there wont be a time perfect for everybody.
Like namepros regular live auctions it happens at like 3am to 7am in the mrning for me and i stayed up.so i guess its pretty hard to set a time perfect for everyone so we have to adjust for the auction instead..

•••
I think pre-bidding is essential.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back