NameSilo

LLLL.com Live Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bfluid

Mr. LLLL ManVIP Member
Impact
No more submissions.

The "LLLL.com Exclusive Live Auction" is final. It will be held on March 22nd at 3PM EST (GMT-5).

For listings: http://www.tymaier.com/listings/ .

This auction will be conducted in the Namepros Chatroom. :)

Prebidding here.

No submission fee.

To sell your LLLL.com's please send me the following information about the name(s) you are selling:

Name:
Registrar:
Expiration:
Description (If any, this doesn't matter unless you want to utilize it.):
Payment Options:

Reserve is gone and we are going to impend a buyout clause instead. The clause is 20% with a $5 cap.

Also, Bidders with 0 trader rating must complete payment on a winning auction before bidding again.

With Integrity,
Ty Maier

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
bobby9101 said:
italiandragon said:
I am a bit confused about the terms of this auction so I don`t know if I`m going to be part of it.

First I don`t know HOW LONG it lasts, and it`s already hard for me to be there at that time zone.

Second, I have never seen this buy-out thing....I don`t understand the sense of it.

And last, the listing page is confusing, I can`t see how the names are sorted. Some .net in the middle of .com add more confusion.

Is it just me?

Thanks
Yes I have been confused about this auction, and have wondered how long it will last. I have heard 5 hours ish? I think. But then again the namepros auction doesn't have a time limit either.

I would have loved to have seen this be a multiday auction, because I do not think that I will be available at that time, but I think it's better than no auction.

5 hours? lol

On average a lot takes about 1 minuet. But in the chatroom it takes about 2min I have noticed. It will definitely not last anymore than 3 hours... and I highly doubt it will last that long.

As far as LLLL.net's go... there are only 5 LLLL.net lots: #5-10 I think.

rpanella said:
bfluid said:
The auction will officially be held on March 22nd.

I would reconsider holding the auction on a Saturday afternoon (here in the US) of a holiday weekend. Many people will be traveling and spending time with family over the weekend, and I think you turnout will be much lower than if it was held on a weekday like most auctions.

I want to see this auction succeed, and for that to happen I think its important to ensure the biggest turnout possible, which I don't will happen over the holiday weekend.

Sorry, but it is way too late to change the date now. We might miss a few people... but it won't be enough people lost to bring the prices down. I expect 100-150 people to be in attendance, minimum.

currenz said:
I think pre-bidding is essential.

It is not as essential as you think. If you noticed..., about 90%++ of the lots in the namepros auction went higher than the pre-bid.

•••
i like prebidding n it shortens the bidding time but i think its diffrent situation here since its not using the auction queue on namepros.

anyway i am looking forward to march 22 ..

•••
Malaysia said:
i like prebidding n it shortens the bidding time but i think its diffrent situation here since its not using the auction queue on namepros.

anyway i am looking forward to march 22 ..
Yeah, it is going to be hard to do this pre-bidding. We are going to do it but, it will be hard to keep things straight.

Domain submissions will end tomorrow.

Pre-bidding will start on Thursday and will end on Friday at 8:30 PM EST GMT-5.

•••
First of all, thanks for all the work you put in Ty, we really appreciate it that you did your best to make this auction one of the best. /formal speech ends

I honestly, think that this auction may have more people than those who attended the NP live auction due to the nature of the domains accepted.

Most people were in the NP live auction specifically for the 4L domains.
Other people, wanted 4L. domains but didn't have the patience to wait it out through the other lots. This auction eliminates all those issues :)

•••
Basement said:
/formal speech ends

Nice. :)

Basement said:
I honestly, think that this auction may have more people than those who attended the NP live auction due to the nature of the domains accepted.

Most people were in the NP live auction specifically for the 4L domains.
Other people, wanted 4L. domains but didn't have the patience to wait it out through the other lots. This auction eliminates all those issues :)

I have been thinking that but I did not want to say that and then 50 people show up if you know what I mean. I expect a lot of people. And I have contacted a couple of bloggers. So let's see what happens. :)

•••
Nice job.
A good auction hardly means anything if it doesn't get anywhere near the publicity it deserves. I think Reece and MG could by themselves build up a stunning amount of hype about the auction but just to be on the safe side try contacting geronimo (www.dnxpert.com), rjs_exxex (Rich of www.quadletterdomains.com) and fka200 ( Sammy Ashouri of www.fka200.com)

•••
Basement said:
Nice job.
A good auction hardly means anything if it doesn't get anywhere near the publicity it deserves. I think Reece and MG could by themselves build up a stunning amount of hype about the auction but just to be on the safe side try contacting geronimo (www.dnxpert.com), rjs_exxex (Rich of www.quadletterdomains.com) and fka200 ( Sammy Ashouri of www.fka200.com)
I just contacted them all. :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
Tristan might be willing to post something at gfnb, not sure though

•••
•••
"Ty Maier, a long time supporter and investor in short domains is bringing his real world auction experience to Namepros this Saturday in what promises to be the first big live auction exclusively for LLLL.coms. The auction appears to be destined for success with a number of lots containing quad premiums, triple letters, pronounceables, and a few LLLL.coms and LLLL.nets that’ll be easier on the wallet.

The auction will be held on Saturday March 22nd at 3PM EST.

To view what’s up for auction, please see: http://www.tymaier.com/listings/

I unfortunately won’t be able to attend the live auction but do wish everyone that takes part in it the best of luck!"

- www.4letternoob.com

•••
Reece said:
"Ty Maier, a long time supporter and investor in short domains is bringing his real world auction experience to Namepros this Saturday in what promises to be the first big live auction exclusively for LLLL.coms. The auction appears to be destined for success with a number of lots containing quad premiums, triple letters, pronounceables, and a few LLLL.coms and LLLL.nets that’ll be easier on the wallet.

I unfortunately won’t be able to attend the live auction but do wish everyone that takes part in it the best of luck!"

- www.4letternoob.com
No domains to catch your interest even for the prebid?
I think a couple of the sales might tip the x,xxx mark, especially that "featured lot" some great names there

•••
Reece said:

- www.4letternoob.com

Thanks for the much too flattering comments. :D

bobby9101 said:
I think a couple of the sales might tip the x,xxx mark, especially that "featured lot" some great names there

I think there are about 10-15 lots that will hit x,xxx imo. :)

•••
•••
Finally ended up posting it at DNF:

http://www.DNF/f60/llll-com-live-auction-don-t-miss-out-thread-286492.html#post1411316

Also here's the topic over at DP:

http://forums.DigitalPoint/showthread.php?t=748227

If you have a minute, try and post something in these topics so they don't get buried.

Not sure if I can make the auction since I have work until 7 central but I believe it will have a strong turnout and do very well. Good luck to everyone involved :)!

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I'm not on my own computer right now so I cannot update the listings page but... COIL.com has been added to the auction. Yes guys, you read that right: COIL.com.

100k in the house. :D

•••
bfluid said:
I'm not on my own computer right now so I cannot update the listings page but... COIL.com has been added to the auction. Yes guys, you read that right: COIL.com.

ohhhh...that`s a beauty.....hmm.....I must attend then :)

•••
bfluid said:

That's great news! Hopefully this will attract more buyers.
I had a question about ordering of the domains, how are they to be ordered in the auction? Is it random?

•••
bobby9101 said:
That's great news! Hopefully this will attract more buyers.
I had a question about ordering of the domains, how are they to be ordered in the auction? Is it random?
I am ordering the domains to get the highest price out of them. A badly ordered auction can ruin an entire auction, trust me... I know. :D

They will mostly be ordered by domain quality though.

•••
Hi guys, just a clarification

I want to put one of my triplerepeating LLLL.com domains for auction . The 5$ cap means that I can decide not to sell this domain by just paying this 5$ right?

Or is this something else?

•••
champ_rock said:
The 5$ cap means that I can decide not to sell this domain by just paying this 5$ right?
Totally correct.

Coil is awesome. Addendum to the blog posts? :)

This is looking better and better :tu:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back