Dynadot

LLLL.com Live Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bfluid

Mr. LLLL ManVIP Member
Impact
No more submissions.

The "LLLL.com Exclusive Live Auction" is final. It will be held on March 22nd at 3PM EST (GMT-5).

For listings: http://www.tymaier.com/listings/ .

This auction will be conducted in the Namepros Chatroom. :)

Prebidding here.

No submission fee.

To sell your LLLL.com's please send me the following information about the name(s) you are selling:

Name:
Registrar:
Expiration:
Description (If any, this doesn't matter unless you want to utilize it.):
Payment Options:

Reserve is gone and we are going to impend a buyout clause instead. The clause is 20% with a $5 cap.

Also, Bidders with 0 trader rating must complete payment on a winning auction before bidding again.

With Integrity,
Ty Maier

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I actually sold one of my lots, #49 if I remember correctly, just to keep the momentum going and welcome one more buyer to the group.

Haven't had a response to the 3 prem LLLL.nets but will sell those too in case the pre-bidder wants them, that is 66% strike rate for me.

I've also heard of other people in this thread completing sales, so I'm assuming that at least a percentage of the list was sold, which can only be a good thing.

•••
nicedomains said:
Thanks again, repped and have sent you a few np$'s.. Mwzd you too deserve some recognition, thanks to you repped! Can't wait for the next one.. Member of the month nomination... Bfluid !
Thank you. :)

•••
•••
Thank you.

It wasn't a great sale but we tried hard. :)

•••
I think all the kudos for organising this and getting it together goes to bfluid. He put in a LOT of effort and hard work to get it together. :great: I just stepped in to help out an overworked fellow NPer who was handling more than one person should. :p

And even though we agree the results were not as great as they could have been, it was a great learning experience for all involved and for me too, as it was my first live auction as an auctioneer. :)

And it was way more effort than most other people are willing to put in - everyone talks about it, here's someone who went ahead and did it. Getting the permissions, managing submissions, creating lists, updating lists, answering endless pms, rectifying errors, getting the word out, inducing people to blog about it and much much more. :kickass:

Hats off to you Ty, and congratulations. :tu:

Congrats also to NP management and staff, for proactively providing their facilities and support. :santa:

My analysis -

1. The Easter weekend hurt, a lot of people who could/should have been there were not. Choosing the right date is more important than we thought. So no weekends, holidays and major 'family' days for live auctions.

2. The time confusion hurt too, people were there for one hour before the event even started, restless crowds are not the best for auctions.

3. The $5 buyout clause for high value (or even not so high value) domains didn't work either. I'd think a reserve price as start would work a lot better, NP auctions follow this format. While this might mean less bids, it would ensure that those that did receive bids would be sold. And sellers wouldn't be out anything (not that $5 makes a difference).

4. There was no paid advertising to support the event, something that seems to be a must for domains that value in at $300k or more. Maybe a payment for each lot would keep out the low value names, bring the list down to a more manageable level (2 hrs).

5. A themed auction might also be desirable - a. High Value names (above $10k) b. Middle value names ($1k-$10) c. Low value names ($100-$1k) would also be better in attracting the right crowd for each event. Someone with $100k to spend might not want to hang around for 2-3 hours.

I'm sure I'll have many more ideas once my coffee goes in but these are off the top of my head. Thanks to all the sellers, bidders and participants, cheers!

•••
I think it is a good idea. Anything to keep the LLLL market going would be helpful. However, it is a big undertake. A lot of work has to be done. I guess first you should get a sense of who will participate and how we will draw buyers to such live auction. There is no point in selling it between us few fellow LLLL lovers.

•••
I'd be happy to put an article about it and a list of the names on 4LTR.org.

•••
It's cool idea.
What information do you need form me if I want to sell LLLL.com domain?

•••
•••
Great idea! One question/concern.. Will there be some sort of bidding/payment policy in place for new members with little or no TR? Or will this be worked out between bidder and seller? I'm just thinking about the recent scams that have hit the LLLL.com buyers/sellers on the forums.

•••
italiandragon said:
I am a bit confused about the terms of this auction so I don`t know if I`m going to be part of it.

First I don`t know HOW LONG it lasts, and it`s already hard for me to be there at that time zone.

Second, I have never seen this buy-out thing....I don`t understand the sense of it.

And last, the listing page is confusing, I can`t see how the names are sorted. Some .net in the middle of .com add more confusion.

Is it just me?

Thanks

Hello Lorenzo,

I don't think Ty is here so let me try to answer your questions.

It basically lasts till all the lots are auctioned off, even the NamePros auction had similar terms and that was pretty much a massive success.

The buyout clause is basically to provide consolation for the no-reserve rule. Let's say you put up a quad premium of yours which you expected to go for $600 but the highest bid is only $400. Ordinarily, if you had a reserve you wouldn't be obligated to sell under but now that there is no reserve you are forced to sell. Enter the buyout clause, instead of selling you can pay the winning bidder $5 and keep the domain yourself without being obligated any longer.

I think the listings will be randomly reordered about an hour before the auction so nothing is definite as of yet. I don't think any auction has similar items listed side by side.

The auction starts 2: 30 AM my time so even I have some qualms about that but I don't really mind as everyone can't be happy at the same time. This is going to be one of the best live auctions :imho:

•••
•••
Mark,
my comments to you were out of line. I was just upset a the PM I recieved .... I remove my comment out of respect. I offer my apologies out of the same respect.

NPs Rocks!

Bfluid,

I humbly offer my appologies for my laps in judgement. Best wishes and good luck.

Mark said:
Folks - Please be civil ....

Thread cleaned up -

:(

Last edited:
•••
I missed the auction unfortunately and just got on now to check the results...

I think the timing (right between Good Friday and Easter) hurt performance. I know alot of people (myself included) had things other than domaining on our minds lately...

Red Rock said:
This was great for me.
I just recently joined NamePros (few months ago)
I didn't have 1 LLLL.com in my portfolio til the auction today.
I now join the ranks of some of the big dogs...just kidding!

1 question to anyone who holds any of these.
Is there a site that has some values on these 4 LLLL.coms?
I'm not sure how I did.
LOL
I might have bid a little high on the ones I won.
I'm not really sure.
Even if I did bid a bit high, I'm sure the x-tra $ I spent,
was well worth the wealth of knowledge I have gained
since being a member here!
Thx for the auction!
Red Rock!

Hi Red Rock, the 2 sites I'd recommend for keeping up with prices in the LLLL.com market are www.tdvr.com and www.4letternoob.com .

•••
•••
Krossat said:
Now comes the question of whether some people will set a very high reserve. Well you can have a panel fo experts to check that and make the seller lower the reserve if need be (like sedo does).

Simple.
Reserves sound great.
More people to throw their domains in...
without worry of losing $.

If you charged a listing fee,
wouldn't that make people think twice,
before setting high reserves?
That could help out a bit.
Just my 2 cents!

Last edited:
•••
Phew, that was a lot of reading.

I can see the faults and I agree with most of you guys (if not all). I am truly sorry the prices did not reach what they should have. There will definitely be reserves next time. I am going to inquire about using the NP auction script, because people are used to that. I like the rules you guys are talking about.

I would respond to all of the posts but that would take me hours.

Thanks for all of the support. I plan on holding another one (with more feedback from the members here).

I'm to stubborn to quit. ;)

•••
bfluid, first and foremost i REALLY appreciatet the time and effort you put into this (and all those that helped you organize and run the auction too).

i am also looking forward to the fine-tunings for the next auction, as i didnt plan to sit on the auction for 4 hours to make $10 in buyouts..... i wanted to win names and was a bit frustrated that they were bought out because i WOULD have bid more but, since none of the other +70 people in the auction wanted the names for more, i won them for the price i did.... which didnt meet the sellers expectations. no offense at all meant to the 2 sellers that chose the buyout option, i can understand their wanting/expecting more for the names, but it was still discouraging.... so, i suppose i am with the crowd waving torches and demanding reserves or higher buyout fees :D ....

a few suggestions:

a reserve price is optional with the following stipulations....

sellers can choose to submit their domain or packages with minimum reserves. IF they are selected for the auction and the reserve is NOT met, the auction will at least be very short, and the seller should pay the auctioneer a (?$) listing fee for the time and effort. if the reserve is met its sold.

if a seller opts NOT to set a reserve, the buyout fee should be higher. I personally think that it should be a % of winning bid, NOT capped at $5, because a higher buyout fee at least signals to potential buyers that the winning bid has a higher chance of actually getting the name, or at least makes the time and trouble of waiting for, and bidding on, a name more worthwhile if the buyout is higher.

again, thanks for the auction! sp

•••
Sounds good SP! :)

BTW, I know of several sales after the auction inbetween the high bidder and the seller negotiating. Including a $x,xxx sale. :)

•••
Thanks ty & mwzd for their efforts :tu:

All my submissions were buyouts.

I suggest a no buyout clause, Sellers pay to place reserves (saves everybody's time.)

•••
Krossat and I worked out the deal afterwards and have no problem saying I doubled my bid at the auction for weak.net. The name is one I really wanted and although high now, like all good domains will be a bargain price in time. All I can say is despite all the hard work the only thing that came out of the auction was how not to do it next time. Krossat and I got what we needed. I will be there for the next auction and have some names I would like to enter and would certainly like to help with the auction if I can be of any assistance

•••
Would you guys prefer the auction to be held here on NamePros or rather on its own site?

•••
buyout clause has always been there for normal namepros auction hosted by RJ
however of course not many accept it here..
i personally think reserve shud be necessary esp for big lots or high value domains because buyers who oredi won the big lot might not be interested in other domain since he oredi got one big lot to pay but end up buyout instead..so he missed alot other auctions..

anyway just my 2cents
bfluid thks for the great work..although i wasnt there for the auction coz i was up 40 hours n eventually slept just one hour befor ethe auction..
n although my domains din get good price but i wud liketo thks u for all the great work..donating all my nps to ya.. n add rep to ya..

•••
Its better if its at namepros as it would attract more buyers.
You can always have the auction site where a seller can create an account and upload details of domains he wishes to auction etc. Can also track the event there.

But the actual auction should be @ NP imo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back