Dynadot

.us LLL.us - Supply and demand.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Now that my deal is complete, here's the results of an exercise I just went through with LLL.us. I scanned the entire LLL.us namespace, sorted by email address of owner and looked for people with relatively small collections (3 to 30 domains). I skipped a few that were all Q,X,Z domains, but otherwise blindly offered $150 per domain regardless of letter combinations. I sent well over a hundred emails in total. I figured this was a fair price based on recent reseller prices.

Surprisingly, I received quite a few responses. Most of them were "we are not selling", a handful were selling but wanted at least $500 per domain and I got one bite on a 14 domain collection. Now go look at the number of LLL.us headings in the "domains wanted" forum.

Based on supply and demand, I'd say the future looks bright for these domains.

Oh, the domains in question are:

ive.us
ize.us
ler.us
lly.us
ngs.us
plo.us
ble.us
ous.us
ove.us
uck.us
yer.us
ter.us
ves.us
zes.us

Not that I'm a big fan of domain hacks, but almost every one of these has great hack potential (uck.us? :)

I think I'll just add 2 years to the registration on each of these and lock them away until 2009.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You picked all of those domains up for $150/domain?! You got some steals!

Lasher said:
Now that my deal is complete, here's the results of an exercise I just went through with LLL.us. I scanned the entire LLL.us namespace, sorted by email address of owner and looked for people with relatively small collections (3 to 30 domains). I skipped a few that were all Q,X,Z domains, but otherwise blindly offered $150 per domain regardless of letter combinations. I sent well over a hundred emails in total. I figured this was a fair price based on recent reseller prices.

Surprisingly, I received quite a few responses. Most of them were "we are not selling", a handful were selling but wanted at least $500 per domain and I got one bite on a 14 domain collection. Now go look at the number of LLL.us headings in the "domains wanted" forum.

Based on supply and demand, I'd say the future looks bright for these domains.

Oh, the domains in question are:

ive.us
ize.us
ler.us
lly.us
ngs.us
plo.us
ble.us
ous.us
ove.us
uck.us
yer.us
ter.us
ves.us
zes.us

Not that I'm a big fan of domain hacks, but almost every one of these has great hack potential (uck.us? :)

I think I'll just add 2 years to the registration on each of these and lock them away until 2009.

•••
A steal for sure. Nice pickups.

•••
I have actually done something very similar. My favorite response was "$7.5 mil." Not surprisingly, I didn't email the guy back.

•••
I recently sold some of mine for between $45 and $90 just a few weeks ago. Now I'm realizing the LLL.us minimum value has broken into 3 figures!

•••
Yup... I think someone emailed me about 449.us and I responded with a 500 min offer. Just as a joke really.

•••
Wow! You really got some bargains there. I only wish I would have thought of doing that first! ;)

Tom

•••
Fonzie, I'll tell you what--I'll give you all my .us's for a measly 1 mil-waddaya say?

•••
fonzie_007 said:
I have actually done something very similar...

I got a couple of your email's :)

•••
duceman said:
I got a couple of your email's :)
My apologies if you got more than one. My intention was not to spam. In fact, I tried to single out so that each email address would only receive one email even if multiple LLL.us domains were registered by that person.

•••
Hmm, picked up a few more:

cdy.us
jry.us
ljy.us
iau.us
itu.us
mbu.us
mmu.us

Guess I'm done with LLL.us registrations for a while, no other bites, so time to renew this stuff until 2009 and lock it away, unless some really attractive offers come in.

•••
Yea... nice pick ups. I've already put in the renewals for all mine. I think they'll stay like that for at least a year.

•••
The thing with these 3 letter .us names is that the top 10 holders own almost 50% of them. If you look at only "premium" letter lll.us, they hold closer to 90% of them. They aren't selling, and that seriously reduces supply ...

Last edited:
•••
Lasher said:
Surprisingly, I received quite a few responses. Most of them were "we are not selling", a handful were selling but wanted at least $500 per domain

Hi Jon
The $500 guy was me I suppose :hehe: seriously, i didn't wanted to sell, I bet you can understand.
Nice to see that you are a NPer too. My compliment for the results of you "fishing" exercise, some of the names are real gems (ble, ter, ves, ive.. )wich, in my opinion, are worth much more then 150$, and for sure they'll increase their values even more within 2009. Good job. :)

•••
Forgot to mention ... on the demand side, someone has been backordering all lll.us names for a few months in advance. Now it looks like someone else has coming along and "one upped" that person, by backordering available lll.us names even farther in advance. Right now all lll.us that expire between now and at least January 2007 are already backordered LOL

Last edited:
•••
dsiomtw said:
Forgot to mention ... on the demand side, someone has been backordering all lll.us names for a few months in advance. Now it looks like someone else has coming along and "one upped" that person, by backordering available lll.us names even farther in advance. Right now all lll.us that expire between now and at least January 2007 are already backordered LOL

I would think the dropcatchers get first dibs before the "backorders". However, I don't think Snapnames does .us yet.

•••
So that explains those emails I've been getting... except most of mine are full of Q X Z's :) I'm happy to say I hold between .5% and 1% of all LLL.us.

•••
I strongly disagree. I get emails practically every single day from end users wanting to buy one of my .us names. I recently sold a lll.us that I bought for $40 in February to an end user for $2500.

The fundamental issue is what one thinks of the .us space going forward. Personally I don't see how anyone could not be "bullish" on .us names going forward, but we could argue that all day.

•••
The fact remains if you get an end user a DAY which is incredible and still cant make more than one end user sale price, my point is validated.

Sorry but I don't understand what you're saying. What does "... and still can't make more than one end user sale price" mean?

•••
TheLegendaryJP said:
You sold a lll.us for $2500 to an end user, you go on to state and I quote " I get emails practically every single day from end users wanting to buy one of my .us names . "

Which leads me to two thoughts assuming this is the truth.
1) The end users contacting you did not offer end user prices in your opinioon for a .us, therefore you let the end user walk and are waiting for whom to come along ?
2) A fair offer was made by the ultimate buyer and you felt it wasnt enough as the .us will explode in coming years, that end user will regret not buy from you in 2006 and come back offering 5 times more after initially wanting it.

Listen if an end user came along on a name I owned and made a fair end user offer what the hell am I waiting for ? Do your domains cook you breakfast, make your bed and give a back rub? Mine don't :'(

If you had end users inquiring about your .us domains you'd show sales, thus I believe you are contacted by resellers mainly. Sorry bro but I aint biting this hook.

my vote for post of the month ;)

•••
It's pretty well known in the .us community that I am not a seller, especially of lll.us names. Before calling someone a liar you should get your facts straight "bro". If you had any clue about the domains I own you would know I have no reason to lie. :)

my vote for post of the month

You forgot one word - "clueless" post of the month

•••
That's not really a relevant question. You could have 1 $100 bill in your wallet, or 10 $10 bills. You still have the same amount of money. Asking someone what's the largest denomination bill they have in their wallet at any given time is no indication of anything ...

•••
JP, I've seen dsiomtw's LLL.us portfolio and it is impressive. He knows the market well. He is one of about 6 big players in the LLL.us market. (I'm still one of the small fish)

Last edited:
•••
Here's my two cents on .us domains. Take a look at the .eu market and compare it to the .us market. Analyze and formulate the reasons why the markets should have any, some, or a lot of disparity in their prices. Come to your own conclusions...

•••
For any newbies out there, LLL.us is a great way to get into the game right now. Not too expensive but certainly moving fast. Grab one (or three!) and ride the wave!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back