NameSilo

discuss LLL.IO

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jacks86

Top Member
Impact
I am going to start redoing these threads without the "countdown" part, as well as no "availability" lists since those are frowned upon apparently.

Anyway, good to see another LLL.IO sell. Now we have a years worth of sales data, which is great! Another sale yesterday for low XXX. It's good to see that many LLL have sold over 2015 with prices well above the reg fee.

http://namebio.com/?s=wM2UjM5EzM

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice one - a lot of possible acronyms.
Both .it and .in had offers on sedo.
Plus com/net/org/co/co.uk... are already in use.

•••
Only LLL I have is BOC. I think it can work for a lot of things, plus it kind of makes a word when combining the "io":

Bocio

Who knows?
Bank of China

•••
•••
@bluebox, how did you sell that LLL.io? by email out or whois?

•••
•••
I started researching the .io trend yesterday , its massive ! Namebio is like filled with .io sales , This is definately going to boom pretty soon . Has anyone stocked .io dictionary words ? If not what kind of .io's are you guys investing in ?

•••
@getakash1 This thread is specifically for talking about LLL.io. There is another thread called "io Future" that might be better for what you're talking about: a broader discussion of .io in general. Maybe someone can link it (I don't have it right at hand.) Or you could search for "io future" in title and find it.

That said, I agree that things look to be moving up.

•••
•••
I have CFI.io

certified flight instructor
center for inquiry
Central Fuel Injection
certified forensic investigator
call for improvements

who knows lol

•••
•••
•••
I think if someone wants to invest in LLL.io it's better to do it with developer/programmer in mind rather than China. So it would be better to pick western premiums (e.g. igd) or pronounceables (eza, oxi) over ugly CHIPs (zqc).

This. I can not bring myself to buy ugly meaningless CHIPs, even the Dual Prems. I think they will be valuable someday but that is a much longer hold time than pronounceables that would make sense to the average geek on the street.

I am a geek, Geeks like IO, ERGO I like IO, QED

My IO inventory is [5] NNN [11] LLL and [6] 4-5 letter words/abbreviations, I had to step back cuz yes pricey and I am new so IDK where it will go yet.

@bluebox would you be so kind as to post a link to your landing page?

•••
This. I can not bring myself to buy ugly meaningless CHIPs, even the Dual Prems. I think they will be valuable someday but that is a much longer hold time than pronounceables that would make sense to the average geek on the street.

I am a geek, Geeks like IO, ERGO I like IO, QED

My IO inventory is [5] NNN [11] LLL and [6] 4-5 letter words/abbreviations, I had to step back cuz yes pricey and I am new so IDK where it will go yet.

@bluebox would you be so kind as to post a link to your landing page?
Sent you a PM

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
decent amount of LLL.IO's sold this month:

gpo.io 105 USD 2016-04-10 Flippa
bmr.io 150 USD 2016-04-09 Flippa
los.io 150 USD 2016-04-09 Flippa
sug.io 130 USD 2016-04-01 Park.io
nre.io 138 USD 2016-03-28 Flippa
sem.io 4,000 USD 2016-03-26 Flippa
trw.io 501 USD 2016-03-26 Flippa
kkk.io 180 USD 2016-03-22 Park.io
rre.io 142 USD 2016-03-21 Flippa
hfs.io 129 USD 2016-03-17 Flippa
tfx.io 115 USD 2016-03-09 Flippa
poy.io 125 USD 2016-03-08 Park.io
vpp.io 100 USD 2016-03-06 Flippa
cha.io 130 USD 2016-03-03 Flippa
mog.io 111 USD 2016-03-03 Flippa

•••
Where does everyone find stats on the growth of .io domains? The following would be great.
  • Monthly reg data
  • Yearly reg data
  • Historical reg charts
  • Comparative charts with other tlds
Just trying to figure out whether or not its worth the time getting involved in a few.

I've tried domain index but the data stops in 2014.

Thanks.

•••
Where does everyone find stats on the growth of .io domains? The following would be great.
  • Monthly reg data
  • Yearly reg data
  • Historical reg charts
  • Comparative charts with other tlds
Just trying to figure out whether or not its worth the time getting involved in a few.

I've tried domain index but the data stops in 2014.

Thanks.

Hey Stranger,

I tried to look for it myself without any luck. Would be really beneficial if someone out there knew where to get this info and post it.

•••
•••
•••
@Metalogics and @pleasega - I visited your auction pages and I like your IOs much better AFTER seeing the suggested meanings. I would put THAT in your sig lines.
I look at too many domains a day and sometimes the most obvious acronym or abbreviation passes me right by, so SHOW it to me : grin :

•••
Scanning the LLL.IO's and it's interesting how constant the reg's are. Every week it's 40 to 50 registered(sometimes a bit more) which doesn't seem like a lot but when the domains are between $30-35 each, it's at least $4800 per month which I think is good. Then you got the Flippa/Park/Sedo sales that continue.

•••
Did a test on Flippa with the .IO auctions and there is way more interest in LLL compared to one word domains (Unless you have something specifically tech related). Made money on the LLL's but then lost it on the word domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back