NameSilo

question List of sales from GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was checking out the Godaddy expired auction for Vovovo.com. On the page is "comparable domains sold". Are these sales examples from Godaddy only or from all marketplaces? @Joe Styler can you chime in. Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That GoDaddy appraisal thing has sales from other places.
Type in zurban.com in GoDaddy appraisal. Says it sold for $2,700.
https://namebio.com/zurban.com
Sold at Sedo.

•••
I'm pretty sure the sales they display are sales where the information is "public".

I think they don't use internal sales because they don't make that information public.

That being said I can't remember if the reason was for regulatory (legal) reasons or just because they want to keep the information proprietary and private for competitive reasons.

I want to say it's because they have rules about reporting financial numbers officially though appropriate channels for regulatory reasons (like that they can't just release financial information randomly to anybody, it has to be officially and publicly to everyone at the same time so people can't do insider stockmarket trading. But definitely wait for @Paul Nicks or @Joe Styler to confirm that.

•••
We use data from as many sources as we can, including public sales from other venues and our own internal sales.

As far as releasing sales data en masse, we aren't allowed to yet. We continue to press our internal teams on this front, but have not yet broken through.

•••
.. we aren't allowed to yet. We continue to press our internal teams on this front, but have not yet broken through.

Yeah .. I remember you or @Joe Styler mentioning that before .. I just couldn't remember if it was just a GD internal decision or if it was for regulatory/legal reasons. If you're continuing to internally press then I guess it's just a decision within GoDaddy that could easily be changed .. which effectively means there's hope! lol

What department is responsible for this decision .. is there anything we can do as customers to help push / convince the powers that be?

•••
Mind you .. now that I think about it .. I don't want potential buyers to see all the amazing domains I grab at closeout .. maybe just release "end user" sales .. or more technically domains sold over a certain $xxx or $1000 threshold .. lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back