IT.COM

.link sales report

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have not found it using the search option so I thought its time to start such a thread.
I'm a big fan of .LINK domains though I was very sceptical to the so called new TLDs.
The reason why I like .LINK though no fan of the new TLDs are:

• "link" has a natural universal relation to Internet. We use sentences like "send me the link". You can combine it with every keyword. And its logical - a link to the keyword.
  • it's very easy to remember. Its also new so it sounds interesting. It's just sexy ;)
  • in my opinion it sounds better than "web" as long you are not some working in the web industry
  • the word has got common in other languages. In Polish we also say link, in German too. Though for some languages it sounds better than others. For example in general german domains with a keyword and .link sound more natural and nicer than in Polish.
So far I have bought some. Maybe my best is notebooks.link. But jet sold none. Since the domain is at start I was interested in the sales. I really think .link will happen to be a big thing.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just a short info to cut the conspiracy statements: I'm not paid by anyone to promote .LINK. I'm not related in any way to the people behind .LINK,Uniregistry etc. etc. just a client like others. I simply like the domain and think its great and worth a moderate investment :) Time will show if it was a good investment.

•••
I'm a domainer and I'm not even aware of most of the new gTLDs.

I didn't know that .XYZ existed, what were they thinking??? :-$

.XYZ came about because Daniel Negari owns XYZ.com, I believe some of the thought process was this, ( this is my opinion, not fact) All these new gtlds seem to be descriptive and define certain niches like .plumbing or .gift. So this is a generic that doesn't mean anything except it ends the alphabet at least some alphabets, so we can play off the fact it ends your domain name. I think Frank saw .link as his generic opposed to other strings like .pics or .tattoo.

•••
If I owned that 3 letter domain, I dont think I'd want to dilute its worth with a gTLD!

•••
Well so far after more than 1 year I must admit no big moves have happen. Seems You all were right. Here we see the good intuition of professional domainers prooves better than my diletantic choice. But personally i like .link quite much. Still did not sell any domain so far.

•••
Links are basically worthless.. but it's short and memorable.. so nothing wrong with having a few for personal use.

•••
•••
Anyone had any .link sales?

•••
•••
I own 123.link and got 2 four figure offers within 24 hours of "getting" it.

•••
•••
I have Blockchain(.)link which is a great bitcoin name. Lot financial companies are researching blockchain tech. Anyone have advice for selling these?

•••
•••
I like link for personal use and development sites. It has it's proper place on the web. Useful in certain ways. It's short and memorable.

•••
No sales at this moment but a few days ago I registered:

linklinklinklinklinklinklinklinklinklinklinklinklinklinklink.link

It's not a 63.DOMAIN but a 60 character domain name.
15 times 'link' + gTLD .link
The domain with the 'most links ever'.
If I will sell it I will tell it ;)

•••
Nice sales but it would be good to see aftermarket and private .link sales.

•••
I.link - $8,250
ahs.link - $5,000

•••
•••
Dropped tens of them.
Zero-demand.

•••
•••
I did not sell a single. While sold some .online meanwhile much faster

•••
•••
I have earned 4 cents in revenue from my referrer link ... maybe that's something :P

upload_2016-9-28_8-20-29.png

ofc no sales in .link for me, or any other ngtld for that matter

•••
•••
•••
Beauty.link - $117

Sedo, wasn't sold by registry looks like. :)

Still feel Blockchain.link should sell.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back