Dynadot

information .LINK binge progress

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Sorry to have to start another thread regarding .LINK, but i wasn't able to answer questions "if" there was a "link" of any kind in the text of the post/message I was responding to.

I was able to hand register slightly more than a thousand names with about 20 of them being "Premium" names that sold for $116 each, and one that I purchased for $478, the corresponding .com is valued at $8,800,000.

Since a host of individuals have confirmed that, ".LINK is no worse than .XYZ", I just knew .link was a good alternative to .com and a good rival for .xyz :xf.wink:

Curious anyone? Lets have some fun(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
What a great name! I wonder who has the .org

:xf.smile:
Thanks cooljub.....i too wonder who owns TravelHere.org:unsure:.....i see where it's parked @ Sedo and they're asking $5,000 for it.....i hope you get it:xf.wink:

btw....i've spent the last few hours registering two word domains like;

DatingNews.xxxx
BuilderNews.xxxx
WeedNews.xxxx
ComputerNews.xxxx
MillennialNews.xxxx
plus 50 more

"News" is a keyword valued @ $2,009. cooljub, i'm paying just $2 bucks for names like these and I can assure you they're worth a lot more much to the chagrin of the old timers following me. Good luck(y)

•••
Ahh yes, the old "we don't use this but you should so that you can copy our brand name minus 4 letters"...? Interesting concept
MAD.....i've been an active member of Linkedin for well over 10 years and I can assure you we're NOT copying anyone's brand name. The fact that GD considers "link" a keyword is really cool, and the fact it's part of Linkedin's name and an up and coming nTLD extension is superfluous:xf.rolleyes:

•••
MAD.....i've been an active member of Linkedin for well over 10 years and I can assure you we're NOT copying anyone's brand name. The fact that GD considers "link" a keyword is really cool, and the fact it's part of Linkedin's name and an up and coming nTLD extension is superfluous:xf.rolleyes:
Why did you mention LinkedIn then if it has nothing to do with link being part of the name? Why will linked in want to endorse .link if not for that reason?

•••
I am looking forward to the ".LINK sales progress" thread.

Brad

•••
I am looking forward to the ".LINK sales progress" thread.

Brad
I'm sure there's one or two sales that can be added to that thread already surely. It's a binge so lots of domains means lots of sales even if it's just a small percentage.

•••
I'm sure there's one or two sales that can be added to that thread already surely. It's a binge so lots of domains means lots of sales even if it's just a small percentage.
You would think. And yet.....

Well, just imagine I posted a picture of crickets.

•••
You would think. And yet.....

Well, just imagine I posted a picture of crickets.

Top 10 list of .LINK sales -
  1. NDA
  2. NDA
  3. NDA
  4. NDA
  5. NDA
  6. NDA
  7. NDA
  8. NDA
  9. NDA
  10. NDA

•••
Top 10 list of .LINK sales -
  1. NDA
  2. NDA
  3. NDA
  4. NDA
  5. NDA
  6. NDA
  7. NDA
  8. NDA
  9. NDA
  10. NDA
1665003008876.png

•••
•••
•••
Either. :ROFL:

Brad
Brad....i'm thinking of starting a domain consulting business, and i thought I might call it "Domain Consulting". Naturally I wanted to own/buy DomainConsulting.com to match it, but @ the $75,000 DAN is asking, i just couldn't afford it:xf.cry: My wife wouldn't lend me the money, but knowing that I'm big on .LINK she said, why don't you see if it's available Rich? Well Brad, based on her recommendation i checked to see if I could buy DomainConsulting.link for $2 and Voila(y)

Are we having fun yet Brad.....i know i am:xf.grin:

•••
Brad....i'm thinking of starting a domain consulting business, and i thought I might call it "Domain Consulting". Naturally I wanted to own/buy DomainConsulting.com to match it, but @ the $75,000 DAN is asking, i just couldn't afford it:xf.cry: My wife wouldn't lend me the money, but knowing that I'm big on .LINK she said, why don't you see if it's available Rich? Well Brad, based on her recommendation i checked to see if I could buy DomainConsulting.link for $2 and Voila(y):xf.grin:
I guess we can add that to the list of all the other businesses you have talked about starting over the years.
Good luck with it!

Brad

Last edited:
•••
i'm thinking of starting a domain consulting business, and i thought I might call it "Domain Consulting".
Kind of a "those who can't do, teach" scenario?

•••
I guess we can add that to the list of all the other businesses you have talked about starting over the years.
Good luck with it!

Brad
Brad.....i must apologize. It seems i may have referred to you and the domain cabal as "oldtimers/termites coming out of the woodwork". How insensitive of me.....again i apologize and i promise to go back on my meds (ie sensitivity pills).

Brad, i've started DOZENS of businesses over the years, and you only need to go to my Linkedin bio to learn all about them. Capitalism.link (one of my gems) speaks VOLUMES about me, and if ever you need advice or help I'm here for you :xf.wink:

•••
Kind of a "those who can't do, teach" scenario?
Joe...you may have read that I've done some guest lecturing at a local university. Not all, but most of my lecturing involves ENTREPRENEURSHIP. While I'm not sure about Canada, i know here in the states one can start a business on the proverbial shoestring......i know because I've done it dozens of times :unsure:

•••
Joe...you may have read that I've done some guest lecturing at a local university. Not all, but most of my lecturing involves ENTREPRENEURSHIP. While I'm not sure about Canada, i know here in the states one can start a business on the proverbial shoestring......i know because I've done it dozens of times :unsure:
That's not surprising at all. You talk quite a lot on here about the projects that you're "starting".

•••
.link does exactly the same as .com and is "no less worse than .com" except for only a few differences, those being as follows:

- People have heard of .com
- People trust .com to mean the website they are visiting is likely to be legitimate
- People know and recognise that .com means it's a website address for the internet

So basically the same, just a few teething issues to overcome to make it no less worse and then it'll be like rocket fuel for the masses.

Last edited:
•••
.link does exactly the same as .com and is "no less worse than .com" except for only a few differences, those being as follows:

- People trust .com to mean the website they are visiting is likely to be legitimate
- People know and recognise that .com means it's a website address for the internet

So basically the same, just a few teething issues to overcome to make it no less worse and then it'll be like rocket fuel for the masses.
His plan is to single-handedly alter global awareness and perception of .link (and .online, and .homes), thereby creating a surge in demand for his non-premium, multi-word, new TLD names.

So, you know, it shouldn't be too difficult.

•••

MAD.... let me thank you for hanging in there with me(y) I know I'm not your traditional domainer, nor do i care to be. Also, i don't disagree with a thing you said however few if any "end users" know this business like you and I know it.

I hope you don't mind, but your comment, "just a few teething issues to overcome to make it no less worse and then it'll be like rocket fuel for the masses" speaks VOLUMES:xf.grin:, and if .LINK takes off like I believe it will, you sir deserve a royalty.

It's been four years ago that I visited a friends "charity" site; PingPong.gives that i learned an unbelievable website can be developed behind an extension like .gives and yes, .link.....whoda thunk:xf.wink: MAD, i know for a FACT this charity raises over 100K a year for diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. My point....i think you get it.

Finally, in order for .LINK to succeed like "rocket fuel for the masses", we just need to market it accordingly.......STAY TUNED🍾

•••
His plan is to single-handedly alter global awareness and perception of .link (and .online, and .homes), thereby creating a surge in demand for his non-premium, multi-word, new TLD names.

So, you know, it shouldn't be too difficult.
"single-handedly"??? Au Contriare Mon Frere :xf.wink:

•••
•••
It's been four years ago that I visited a friends "charity" site; PingPong.gives that i learned an unbelievable website can be developed behind an extension like .gives and yes, .link.....whoda thunk:xf.wink:MAD, i know for a FACT this charity raises over 100K a year for diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
What did they pay for their domain name?

•••
What did they pay for their domain name?
I'm guessing you went to the site to see what i was referring to? I don't know what they paid for PingPong.gives, but again you missed the point Joe. Like our friend Mad About Domains said, ".link does exactly the same as .com" You need only replace the the .link with .gives and you get the same result.

I know you're doing your best to discredit me Joe, but you should know by now it's a hard job. My advice to you is to try and be a bit more open minded. Don't you just envy the opportunity I have to teach potential "end users" just how fu*ked up the domain industry truly is.....and to think I have Verisign on my side :unsure:

Last edited:
•••
I'm guessing you went to the site to see what i was referring to? I don't know what they paid for PingPong.gives, but again you missed the point Joe. Like our friend Mad About Domains said, ".link does exactly the same as .com" You need only replace the the .link with .gives and you get the same result.
:unsure:

".hiphop does exactly the same as .link" You need only replace the the .hiphop with .link and you get the same result.

•••
Back