IT.COM

information .LINK binge progress

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Sorry to have to start another thread regarding .LINK, but i wasn't able to answer questions "if" there was a "link" of any kind in the text of the post/message I was responding to.

I was able to hand register slightly more than a thousand names with about 20 of them being "Premium" names that sold for $116 each, and one that I purchased for $478, the corresponding .com is valued at $8,800,000.

Since a host of individuals have confirmed that, ".LINK is no worse than .XYZ", I just knew .link was a good alternative to .com and a good rival for .xyz :xf.wink:

Curious anyone? Lets have some fun(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Joe....i just checked Google Maps and the only nurse I was able to locate nearby is in Kansas:xf.rolleyes: What gives with that?
Try looking for hospitals and clinics, Rich.

•••
Try looking for hospitals and clinics, Rich.
Plenty of hospitals and clinics Joe, but NO nurses:xf.cry: You may have to check out Nursing.link, i hear every nurse imaginable is linked there:xf.wink:

•••
Plenty of hospitals and clinics Joe, but NO nurses:xf.cry: You may have to check out Nursing.link, i hear every nurse imaginable is linked there:xf.wink:
I'm sure you'll have it off the ground in no time, and then I can check it out.

•••
What do you mean? People love non-intuitive brands! They're super accessible and desirable.

We can all hash it out in the new user group which is definitely being created. When Rich says he's going to do something, he does it! No false starts here, just 100% pure follow-through.
Joe....you're spot on:xf.wink: While awaiting financing our "users group" is already underway. We have a "staffing organization" and a "healthcare group" as part of our team. With names like Nursing.xxxx and GreenJobs.xxxx, you may want to indulge yourself to see how much Buckley Media is asking for GreenJobs.com and then get back to me......think Risk vs. Reward Joe:unsure:

In keeping with the topic of this thread I just hand registered Sharktooth™.link to compliment Sharktooth®.club. Any idea why I might do this Joe? Do you have any shark teeth in Canada🦈

•••
Joe....you're spot on:xf.wink: While awaiting financing our "users group" is already underway. We have a "staffing organization" and a "healthcare group" as part of our team. With names like Nursing.xxxx and GreenJobs.xxxx, you may want to indulge yourself to see how much Buckley Media is asking for GreenJobs.com and then get back to me......think Risk vs. Reward Joe:unsure:

In keeping with the topic of this thread I just hand registered Sharktooth™.link to compliment Sharktooth®.club. Any idea why I might do this Joe? Do you have any shark teeth in Canada🦈
Canada's famous for its sharks, Rich. I can't believe you didn't know that.

Well done creating that users group! Even if no one on NP has ever seen it, I'm sure it exists.

•••
Canada's famous for its sharks, Rich. I can't believe you didn't know that.

Well done creating that users group! Even if no one on NP has ever seen it, I'm sure it exists.
Tell me Joe....how stupid is this? I have a lot of friends in the Commercial Real Estate business. Whenever asked what they do they'll tell you they're a commercial realtor. So i just checked to see if CommercialRealty.com is registered and it's not. However, if you key CommercialRealty.com to your URL and it takes you to an Epik landing page where the owner is "Accepting Offers":xf.rolleyes: Any idea how much they're asking for it Joe? I don't know either, but that didn't stop me from registering CommercialRealty.link for a couple of bucks. I ask you Joe who would be the stupid one here?.....me for throwing caution to the wind (ie. $2.19), or you? :xf.wink:

•••
Tell me Joe....how stupid is this? I have a lot of friends in the Commercial Real Estate business. Whenever asked what they do they'll tell you they're a commercial realtor. So i just checked to see if CommercialRealty.com is registered and it's not. However, if you key CommercialRealty.com to your URL and it takes you to an Epik landing page where the owner is "Accepting Offers":xf.rolleyes: Any idea how much they're asking for it Joe? I don't know either, but that didn't stop me from registering CommercialRealty.link for a couple of bucks. I ask you Joe who would be the stupid one here?.....me for throwing caution to the wind (ie. $2.19), or you? :xf.wink:
It's you for thinking that the .com version of that name might not be registered.

•••
It's you for thinking that the .com version of that name might not be registered.
LOL....no doubt i knew it would be registered, but i had no idea it was for sale. Hosterstats shows that's it's been continually registered for well over 20 years, and I would have assumed also. How stupid do you think I am :xf.rolleyes:

One thing i do know Joe is there is ZERO technical difference between CommercialRealty.link and CommercialRealty.com. However, if i were to start a commercial real estate business today and name it "Commercial Realty", i'd buy the domain CommercialRealty.link in a heartbeat before I'd pay 100K plus for the .com:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
One thing i do know Joe is there is ZERO technical difference between CommercialRealty.link and CommercialRealty.com. However, if i were to start a commercial real estate business today and name it "Commercial Realty", i'd buy the domain CommercialRealty.link in a heartbeat before I'd pay 100K plus for the .com:xf.wink:
One thing i do know Rich is there is ZERO technical difference between CommercialRealty.link and CommercialRealty.hiphop.

Brad

•••
One thing i do know Rich is there is ZERO technical difference between CommercialRealty.link and CommercialRealty.hiphop.

Brad
Thanks for pointing that out Brad....that's the EXACT same thing I tell "end users" who haven't a clue about the domain industry. I know that upsets you, but that's my intent:xf.wink:

•••
However, if i were to start a commercial real estate business today and name it "Commercial Realty", i'd buy the domain CommercialRealty.link in a heartbeat before I'd pay 100K plus for the .com:xf.wink:
That's because you think small.

•••
•••
•••
I know that upsets you, but that's my intent:xf.wink:
As soon as those sales start rolling in, I will congratulate you just like I have others.

I have been staying tuned for years now, waiting on those sales to happen...much to your chagrin. ;)

Brad

Last edited:
•••
What in the world are you talking about Joe....CommercialRealty.com has been registered like "forever" in domain years. I own CommercialRealty.link.....maybe you're just confused :xf.rolleyes:

•••
The fact that there are "technically", as in from a tech perspective, no differences between between .link and .com really is a pointless argument to make.

If that was the main deciding factor for investing in a domain then this forum wouldn't exist and we'd all pack up and go home.

It's like making the argument about the roundness of the dot being the same for all domains...

Last edited:
•••
The fact that there are "technically", as in from a tech perspective, no differences between between .link and .com really is a pointless argument to make.

If that was the main deciding factor for investing in a domain then this forum wouldn't exist and we'd all pack up and go home.

It's like making the argument about the roundness of the dot being the same for all domains...
I'm not making the argument to you, but rather to the "end user" who really has no clue as to how the domain industry works. This forum exists for the benefit of domainers, but NOT "end users".

•••
I'm not making the argument to you, but rather to the "end user" who really has no clue as to how the domain industry works. This forum exists for the benefit of domainers, but NOT "end users".
You are on a domain forum making the argument...

Which "end users" have you made the argument to?
How many sales has it resulted in?

Brad

•••
Tell them that the dot is super round as well.

•••
What in the world are you talking about Joe....CommercialRealty.com has been registered like "forever" in domain years. I own CommercialRealty.link.....maybe you're just confused :xf.rolleyes:
Tell me Joe....how stupid is this? I have a lot of friends in the Commercial Real Estate business. Whenever asked what they do they'll tell you they're a commercial realtor. So i just checked to see if CommercialRealty.com is registered and it's not.
I think you are confused. I just pasted your own comment above.

I bolded the relevant part.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I think you are confused. I just pasted your own comment above.

I bolded the relevant part.

Brad
So you NEVER made a typo Brad??? I meant CommercialRealty.link, that at the time wasn't registered. However, its registered now:xf.wink: Now lets get back on topic.....do you even know a commercial realtor? Any idea how many there are in the US alone? How about how HUGE the commercial real estate business is?

Regardless of what you think, CommercialRealty.link is a fabulous two word domain (purchased for $2.19), especially considering CommercialRealty.com is virtually unattainable:xf.rolleyes:

•••
You are on a domain forum making the argument...

Which "end users" have you made the argument to?
How many sales has it resulted in?

Brad
Brad....like you I've made enough domain sales to still be in the game, and I'm about to make a whole lot more despite your interference:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Tell them that the dot is super round as well.
So MAD.....you'll love this, and so will Brad, Joe and my followers:xf.wink:. Is the two word term "Squeaky Wheel" used across the pond?....it sounds British to me. So why might I want to shell out $2.19 to register the domain SqueakyWheel.link. For starters here are just a few of the reasons;

SqueakyWheel.com - leads to a GD site where it's for sale for God only knows how much
Squeaky and Wheel according to GD are high value key words with an average sale price of $4,250 an $1,997 respectively
SqueakyWheel.xyz is for sale @ DAN for $59,888
Squeaky Wheel™ is available to trademark

MAD....i use to own Credit Control Corporation which is one of the largest third party debt collection companies in the Mid Atlantic, and in the debt collection industry we always had a saying that the "Squeaky Wheel Gets Paid"
So make fun of it if you like, but therein lies one of the best risk vs. reward investments you, me or anyone else could possibly make.......i'm sure you don't get it, but whats important is that i do:xf.grin:

•••
So MAD.....you'll love this, and so will Brad, Joe and my followers:xf.wink:. Is the two word term "Squeaky Wheel" used across the pond?....it sounds British to me. So why might I want to shell out $2.19 to register the domain SqueakyWheel.link. For starters here are just a few of the reasons;

SqueakyWheel.com - leads to a GD site where it's for sale for God only knows how much
Squeaky and Wheel according to GD are high value key words with an average sale price of $4,250 an $1,997 respectively

MAD....i use to own Credit Control Corporation which is one of the largest third party debt collection companies in the Mid Atlantic, and in the debt collection industry we always had a saying that the "Squeaky Wheel Gets Paid"
So make fun of it if you like, but therein lies one of the best risk vs. reward investments you, me or anyone else could possibly make.......i'm sure you don't get it, but whats important is that i do:xf.grin:
I did, I loved it, you were correct. 😁

Last edited:
•••

Rich, at least focus on buying .link names where all popular extensions are actually being used. The fact that they're all pointing to landing pages makes the .link name that much worse.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back