NameSilo

What Is The RATIO Between The Average Retail Price Of a “.COM” and a “.XYZ” Domain Names ?

Labeled as information in Domain Extensions started by blue crystal, Jun 23, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. gipson

gipson Next Domain Market VIP

this debate is old, and it always ends up looking like we want to convince others..so ..What can I say everyone who wants to go for .xyz, good for him and better ..........silence is gold............

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Super-Annuation

Super-Annuation Established Member

I meant to say it would support 'A' trademark claim. I don't have one, unless it were for research of investments and research of insurance, financial, monetary and real estate affairs. Something along those lines.

In that instance, you could call your business 'superannuation' and have the email superannuation.xxx which is why every domain has value in that sense.
    And again, owning the domain with a running online service would support opposition to a trademark under concurrent use.

good chat

3. Super-Annuation

I meant to say it would support 'A' trademark claim. I don't have one, unless it were for research of investments and research of insurance, financial, monetary and real estate affairs. Something along those lines.

In that instance, you could call your business 'superannuation' and have the email superannuation.xxx which is why every domain has value in that sense.
    And again, owning the domain with a running online service would support opposition to a trademark under concurrent use.

good chat

4. lock

lock Traffic.tools VIP

Need to be banking on the fact both have been up for sale and consider year of sale and market at time. If 10% of dot com price fis general range for dot org. 2-5% would be my estimate but that scenario still may reach 20-50% if dot com was developed early.

5. dande

dande UNNATURE.COM VIP

I think OP is looking for a pat on the back to probably justify his investments in .xyz. That's why he was desperately seeking for links to perhaps glean the data and use for marketing.

Unfortunately, you can't get a pat on the back if you're seeking for the truth. The ration is 0/1,000,000

6. garptrader

garptrader Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

In most cases the ratio is close to zero. A domain which might sell for $5k in .com might not even be registered in ..xyz. The best case scenario could be derived by looking at Namebio end user sales of ..xyz domains - where an actual business is running on that domain. Then try to find end user sales of the comparable .com. What ratio do you see? It is likely you will not find many examples which validates the close to zero argument.

7. johnnie018

johnnie018 Restricted

Bad name bad idea. New in domains?

8. Super-Annuation

yeah, I'm learning

9. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician Gold Account VIP

I registered my first .xyz a few days ago for parking purpose
    it has traffic and a high paying keyword

I am not going to renew it

.xyz to me the most superfluous extension in the universe
    like .blahblah
    which I would like even better

10. DomainGuy86

DomainGuy86 Established Member

As with all junker extensions...only premium keywords worth anything. Next.

11. Jv1999

Jv1999 Spamming Exo: Dark Merc of the Exo-Tower VIP

if .xyz was $0.01 again, I would honestly buy it and make more sailz than .com. :tightlyclosedeyes:

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: