IT.COM

information .LINK binge progress

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Sorry to have to start another thread regarding .LINK, but i wasn't able to answer questions "if" there was a "link" of any kind in the text of the post/message I was responding to.

I was able to hand register slightly more than a thousand names with about 20 of them being "Premium" names that sold for $116 each, and one that I purchased for $478, the corresponding .com is valued at $8,800,000.

Since a host of individuals have confirmed that, ".LINK is no worse than .XYZ", I just knew .link was a good alternative to .com and a good rival for .xyz :xf.wink:

Curious anyone? Lets have some fun(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Partners". :)

Yes. I have learned a lot from the thread. You can piggyback someone and call it a partnership )) Would you like to partner as well? ))

Last edited:
•••
I understand what you're offering to a potential partner, but here are two very important points to consider:
  1. There's likely a very good reason that no one worthwhile has accepted your offer over the last 5 years.
  2. Instead of buying 1,500 .link names, take that money and pay someone to build you a site for your 1,500 .online names... OR take the money you'll spend on the next 1,500 names from another new extension, and pay someone to build you a site for your .link names.
Just sit back and ponder the irony of these two statements for a moment:

Honestly, if he doesn't have any funds, the best advice would be just do the following:

- list all names at Afternic, Dan, Sedo
- Point all the names to Afternic or Dan by simply changing the nameservers

And then if he wants to have a storefront, as a bonus, use Efty or similar and pay the monthly small fee.

With all due respect, just ordering someone an e-commerce store won't do a lot of good. You have to make sure it is done properly taking into consideration a) the specifics of domains as goods b) instilling trust to your visitors c) doing proper SEO d) taking care of security. All of those are tall tasks to take care of and just paying someone will likely not resolve them.

•••
Would be a perfect platform for you to sell your premiums from.
MAD.....you're spot on however I already own PremiumDomains.link which is no worse than Premium.link. It's a case similar to the attention grabber, ".LINK is no worse than .XYZ"

Followers and critics may want to check out the ntldstats(.)com link/site where you'll find DUM (domains under mangagement) at the .LINK registry is experiencing steady growth that's encouraging to me.

Finally.....thanks MAD, you're encouraging as well(y)

•••
•••
By the way @ThatNameGuy, I'd be happy to eat my words in the future if .link rises. Hell, .xyz ended up surprising everyone. But IMO because you seem to only operate based on instincts rather than taking the time to learn and understand the kinds of names that are worth investing in, many of your .link domains will be worthless even if the extension reinvents itself and becomes popular. You might have some winners (likely some of the premium ones you're buying), but if you'd study sales in other extensions and be more open to the possibility that every day is an opportunity to learn, you'll probably make better decisions that'll better position you in the event .link starts producing significant sales on a regular basis.
Thanks for chiming in here Super Brander.....it's not just appreciated, it's encouraging. You seem to know enough about me that it wouldn't surprise you that my Virginia vanity license plates read "NameGuy"

And you're right, this is as much, if not more about the FUN for me as it is about making money. For example just driving home from church (yes, Jesus is My Guy :xf.wink: ) i got to thinking about the razzing I've been taking about my binge ventures into .online and .realty. btw, i still believe they have great potential "if only" they could have been marketed differently. So what domain did i just register a few minutes ago; ThirdTime.link.

You probably remember me talking about risk vs. reward (btw, i own RiskvsReward.link) and these domains cost me just $2.19 to register. You can't possibly imagine the thrill/high i got when i realized ThirdTime.link was available to register, and it sits in my cart to check out later today.

Again, thanks for chiming in Super Brander and I wish you all the best for a Happy and Fun Filled Life!!!

•••
Do you really think that? If so you're in the wrong game
Like everything else in life MAD, the answer is "It Depends" Originally I'd written, PremiumDomains.link is "almost" as good as Premium.link, but after realizing I'd really be in the business of selling PremiumDomains, i just thought it was way more descriptive than simply Premium.link. Yes, i do think of the domain business as a "GAME", and I'm sorry if that makes you MAD :xf.wink:

•••
Yes. I have learned a lot from the thread. You can piggyback someone and call it a partnership )) Would you like to partner as well? ))
Sure! You build our entire website/marketplace and I'll hand-register a bunch of ngTLD names that I think are great.

•••
MAD.....you're spot on however I already own PremiumDomains.link which is no worse than Premium.link. It's a case similar to the attention grabber, ".LINK is no worse than .XYZ"
Yes it is. I would not buy either, but there is absolutely no doubt that "Premium" is far better.

If someone doesn't see that Premium.link is better than PremiumDomains.link, then I question their business acumen.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Yes it is. I would not buy either, but there is absolutely no doubt that "Premium" is far better.

If someone doesn't see that Premium.link is better than PremiumDomains.link, then I question their business acumen.

Brad
I question your business acumen Brad for even following this thread. As a result i just registered BusinessAcumen.link, and maybe we can start a Blog called "Business Acumen" What do you think?

Note; BusinessAcumen.com is for sale @ DAN for $65,000.

•••
Premium dot Link is very good for web marketing. Like potentially huge. Could make it's money back in one day.

The names this guy suggested INSTEAD, including the names he thought off after drinking wine in church, aren't worth the $2 he spent on them.

Last edited:
•••
No, I never make a typoo.

Brad
Brad...after responding to your post about "Business Acumen", besides registering the domain BusinessAcumen.link i knew I owned a few other "Business" first word .link domains like BusinessConsulting.link. However, i thought I owned BusinessCards.link, but then I noticed i'd registered the typoo BuisnessCards.link.....damn, what a waste of $2.19:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Premium dot Link is very good for web marketing. Like potentially huge. Could make it's money back in one day.

The names this guy suggested INSTEAD, including the names he thought off after drinking wine in church, aren't worth the $2 he spent on them.
Beezy....thanks for chiming in......ever hear of "Third Times the Charm"? Maybe it was a little too much wine in church afterall. Thanks too for your comment;

" Premium dot Link is very good for web marketing. Like potentially huge. Could make it's money back in one day."

One of my BIGGER GOALS is to make .LINK as famous as .XYZ......and i feel we're just getting started:unsure:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back