IT.COM

discuss .LINK binge continues

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
".LINK is no worse than .XYZ".....like the .com loyalists despising the .xyz insurgence, the .xyz loyalists despise the .link insurgence.

While most of the really good "single word" .link domains have been registered still a few remain. For example, the day after Thanksgiving I was able to register Thankfulness.link that happens to be no worse than Thankfulness.xyz or Thankfulness.com.

In the way of an update.....domains under management aka DUM has grown from 200,000 to 221,000 since May, and 1,500 of those I've registered. In addition, i have it from some reliable sources that "Good News is Coming":xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So you've registered 1500 .link domains? Is it a good business? What do you do with these?

•••
You don't do half measures do you Rich.......

If you don't mind sharing - how many of those are premium registrations and are you intending to renew them all?

GL with the splurge - hope you see a decent ROI......

•••

If you don't mind sharing - how many of those are premium registrations and are you intending to renew them all?

Thanks Nick....and I'll try to answer Guillon's question while replying to yours. Gullion asked "is registering 1,500 domains a good business? and, "what do you do with these?"

Answer....i don't know if it's a good business YET, but IF the stars align like I believe they will, it will be a damn good business, and one hell of an investment. It's really not complicated, but I'm just counting on two stars to come into alignment. The first star is Yoni Belousov, the new owner of Nova.link. Yoni and his team purchased .LINK from Frank Schilling aka Uniregistry earlier this year and he has plans to grow it from 200,000 to 1M DUM aka "domains under management" within five years. Thus far they've grown it from 200K to 220K in a little over six months with 1,500 domains being my registrations.

The second star that needs to be in alignment is "Yours Truly". Having started, named, and managed dozens of businesses since college (1970), I have as much confidence in my own ability to help grow .LINK as I do Yoni's. To see some of my accomplishments anyone can go to my personal Linkedin bio to see for themselves. And this isn't to say that I've not failed a time or two:xf.wink:

Nick....my total $$$ investment since buying my first .LINK domain is a little over 10K, and around 50 of the 1,500 are are considered premium. On average I paid about $120 each for these domains, and they renew @ $120. To name a few; Hollywood.link - Nursing.link - Revolution.link - Country.link - Surgery.link. In addition, i was able to register about 500 single word .link domains like; Capitalism.link, Optician.link, Sociology.link, Liberals.link etc. for $2.50 each, and they renew for $8.59 each.

Finally....depending on the support I get from Nova Registry and some development partners, i intend to renew most all of my domains, both "premium" and "standard".

btw Nick, and I've told you this before....i just luv your site Wales.org. Remember, i bought WomenOfWales.com the acronym of which is WOW to give to you, and I think I still own it if you want it.

That's it for now Nick, but I do wish you'd consider working with me in some capacity. Thanks for taking an interest.....later my friend from across the pond(y)

•••
So you've registered 1500 .link domains? Is it a good business? What do you do with these?
gullion.....i was trying to respond to your questions, but a "fat finger" somehow deleted my rather lengthy response. I did however try to answer it in my response to NickB that you'll see here. Thanks for the inquiry.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Nick....and I'll try to answer Guillon's question while replying to yours. Gullion asked "is registering 1,500 domains a good business? and, "what do you do with these?"

Answer....i don't know if it's a good business YET, but IF the stars align like I believe they will, it will be a damn good business, and one hell of an investment. It's really not complicated, but I'm just counting on two stars to come into alignment. The first star is Yoni Belousov, the new owner of Nova.link. Yoni and his team purchased .LINK from Frank Schilling aka Uniregistry earlier this year and he has plans to grow it from 200,000 to 1M DUM aka "domains under management" within five years. Thus far they've grown it from 200K to 220K in a little over six months with 1,500 domains being my registrations.

The second star that needs to be in alignment is "Yours Truly". Having started, named, and managed dozens of businesses since college (1970), I have as much confidence in my own ability to help grow .LINK as I do Yoni's. To see some of my accomplishments anyone can go to my personal Linkedin bio to see for themselves. And this isn't to say that I've not failed a time or two:xf.wink:

Nick....my total $$$ investment since buying my first .LINK domain is a little over 10K, and around 50 of the 1,500 are are considered premium. On average I paid about $120 each for these domains, and they renew @ $120. To name a few; Hollywood.link - Nursing.link - Revolution.link - Country.link - Surgery.link. In addition, i was able to register about 500 single word .link domains like; Capitalism.link, Optician.link, Sociology.link, Liberals.link etc. for $2.50 each, and they renew for $8.59 each.

Finally....depending on the support I get from Nova Registry and some development partners, i intend to renew most all of my domains, both "premium" and "standard".

btw Nick, and I've told you this before....i just luv your site Wales.org. Remember, i bought WomenOfWales.com the acronym of which is WOW to give to you, and I think I still own it if you want it.

That's it for now Nick, but I do wish you'd consider working with me in some capacity. Thanks for taking an interest.....later my friend from across the pond(y)
Thank you very much for sharing.

•••
•••
Any sales so far?

Any sales so far?
I've tried to answer this three times now, but to no avail. However i will share with you that I've attracted several investors who are buying into my outbound targeted marketing strategy. The investors believe in me and have assured we'll all be around for some time to come. As a result I'm still adding to my portfolio when great .LINK domains cross my path.

•••
Any sales so far?

I've tried to answer this three times now, but to no avail. However i will share with you that I've attracted several investors who are buying into my outbound targeted marketing strategy. The investors believe in me and have assured we'll all be around for some time to come. As a result I'm still adding to my portfolio when great .LINK domains cross my path.

So that is no?

•••
So that is no?
I don't share my sales and you should know that by now. I know it pisses you off, but if you're having trouble understanding WHY I'd suggest you follow this thread and read between the lines. If you want to contact me for help or advice you'll find me to be both amenable and accessible. Ever hear of LINKedin:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
I don't share my sales and you should know that by now.
Yep, impossible to share sales when you don't have any.

Still I wish you the same remarkable success with .link as you had with .realty and .online.

•••

Still I wish you the same remarkable success with .link as you had with .realty and .online.

Sharing those sales is akin to introducing your imaginary friend to someone.

Last edited:
•••
•••

I meet SUCCESS with everything I do. Thanks for following me, it's remarkable(y)

•••
•••
•••

What's happened to the name Swetha? The DAN landing page just says: Listed: Domain Seller

Go to Catering.xyz and you'll see what I mean. Swetha was asking $199,888 for it and i've registered the domain Catering.link. Swetha's name has disappeared? Where has she gone?

".LINK is no worse than .XYZ":xf.wink:

•••
".LINK is no worse than .XYZ".....like the .com loyalists despising the .xyz insurgence, the .xyz loyalists despise the .link insurgence.

While most of the really good "single word" .link domains have been registered still a few remain. For example, the day after Thanksgiving I was able to register Thankfulness.link that happens to be no worse than Thankfulness.xyz or Thankfulness.com.

In the way of an update.....domains under management aka DUM has grown from 200,000 to 221,000 since May, and 1,500 of those I've registered. In addition, i have it from some reliable sources that "Good News is Coming":xf.wink:

Is this a share your .link doms thread?

•••
Is this a share your .link doms thread?
Yes and here are a few more two word gems;

TeeShirts
Nextdoor
Hindsight
HomeSales

note....GD and DAN are asking upwards of 30K for the .xyz equivalent of these two word names. Also note that I paid just $2.39 for these names and they renew @ just $10. Good luck Robert27 (y)

•••
However i will share with you that I've attracted several investors who are buying into my outbound targeted marketing strategy. The investors believe in me and have assured we'll all be around for some time to come.
That's awesome, Rich. It's nice to have generous family and friends who support us no matter what (and without expectation of return).

•••
Yes and here are a few more two word gems;

TeeShirts
Nextdoor
Hindsight
HomeSales

note....GD and DAN are asking upwards of 30K for the .xyz equivalent of these two word names. Also note that I paid just $2.39 for these names and they renew @ just $10. Good luck Robert27 (y)
Rich, don't forget that GD and DAN are not the ones listing those names. They simply provide the platform and marketplace. There are some very hopeful individuals behind each one of those listed prices. Don't fall into the newbie trap of thinking that a high asking price translates into any value whatsoever.

•••
I wouldn't register things based on whether they are no worse than .xyz... I would register them because I believe they're something someone else wants to buy.

•••
I wouldn't register things based on whether they are no worse than .xyz... I would register them because I believe they're something someone else wants to buy.
Why do you think they're so cheap? You're obviously not a visionary, nor do you believe in your own marketing expertise. Once you understand there's literally no technical difference between Networking.com. Networking.xyz and Networking.link, you may begin to understand what I already understand.

Last i checked networking is a BIG DEAL, GD considers link a keyword, and Linkedin has over 700M members, and I have reason to be HOPEFUL 👋

That's awesome, Rich. It's nice to have generous family and friends who support us no matter what (and without expectation of return).
Not to worry Joe.....i've helped others make a lot of money over the years:xf.wink:

•••
Why do you think they're so cheap? You're obviously not a visionary, nor do you believe in your own marketing expertise. Once you understand there's literally no technical difference between Networking.com. Networking.xyz and Networking.link, you may begin to understand what I already understand.

Last i checked networking is a BIG DEAL, GD considers link a keyword, and Linkedin has over 700M members, and I have reason to be HOPEFUL 👋

Not to worry Joe.....i've helped others make a lot of money over the years:xf.wink:
You are like a broken record dude.

".LINK is no worse than .XYZ"

"All domains work the same"

"LinkedIn blah blah"

Why are you trying to make the same tired arguments on a forum full of domain investors? No one cares.
Shouldn't you be trying to convince potential end users instead?

.LINK is no worse than .ONLINE. How did the .online binge work out?

Also, actual visionaries do visionary things. They don't talk about being a visionary.

It requires more than just registering a bunch of terms in some low demand extension to be a visionary. :ROFL:

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Once you understand there's literally no technical difference between Networking.com. Networking.xyz and Networking.link, you may begin to understand what I already understand.

And that's exactly the point. There's no technical difference between yours and networking.horse either.

All of them are crap.

This is not a tech forum. We're talking saleable domains. You may run into some outliers because you reg in bulk but generally speaking, they're all not Investment worthy.

We cannot predict what the future holds. I would've never predicted xyz would take off in a certain niche. So you might get lucky. Not taking away from the fact that networking.xyz is a crap domain no matter how you spin it.

Back to .link. yes, it is worse than XYZ. No adoption, no sales, a mess from a technical pov.

That being said... Would be cool to prove us all wrong. Let's shut up about it, do your thing and let's check how things end up in 5 years or so? I hope for you it's gonna be epic instead of epik.

•••
Back