IT.COM

discuss .LINK binge continues

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
".LINK is no worse than .XYZ".....like the .com loyalists despising the .xyz insurgence, the .xyz loyalists despise the .link insurgence.

While most of the really good "single word" .link domains have been registered still a few remain. For example, the day after Thanksgiving I was able to register Thankfulness.link that happens to be no worse than Thankfulness.xyz or Thankfulness.com.

In the way of an update.....domains under management aka DUM has grown from 200,000 to 221,000 since May, and 1,500 of those I've registered. In addition, i have it from some reliable sources that "Good News is Coming":xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"If that comment is all you have to hitch your wagon to, that is just sad." LMAO Brad....you should know me a whole lot better than that. What's sad is all the ATTENTION you give me.....sad for you but good for me:xf.wink: btw, i happen to own Attention.link.....any idea what it can be used for?......keep in mind this is a Vision Test.
Yeah, it seems like attention is what you crave so that is probably a fitting domain.

Most of the other people on NamePros are here to buy and sell domains. Their currency is actual money, not attention.

Brad

•••
It works the same way as sex.horse on a technical level.

Though, that is not the main reason domains have value, which you don't seem to understand.

Sex.com also comes with a massive amount of type in traffic that secondary extensions don't have.

Brad
and Sex.horse works the same way as sex.com on a technical level. Thanks for agreeing with me Brad:xf.wink:

•••
Yeah, it seems like attention is what you crave so that is probably a fitting domain.

Most of the other people on NamePros are here to buy and sell domains. Their currency is actual money, not attention.

Brad
I sure attract your ATTENTION so whatever I'm doing is working. Thanks for your support.

•••
Do you mean other than EXPOSURE to 70M Linkedin members?

ps. as to how many other non .link names do I own? Other than the last one I registered, DomainCorruption.com and the domain I'm having tattooed on my forearm, iLuvEveryone❣️com, I probably have a few hundred more.

So why aren't you committing to any of these big ideas for more than a year? You were as excited and optimistic about .online as you seem to be about .link, and yet you've let all your names expire already? I'd think you would have a little more faith in your own plan.

If you won't even buy into your own sales pitch, why should anyone else?

Last edited:
•••
Now back on topic....another friend of mine Marek Eckhaus from Prague owns the domain Sex.link, and I wonder if you or any of your friends can tell me if it's any worse or any better than Sex.com from a technical perspective?

I have a better question (let's see if you've been paying attention in your five years on here):

What other factors are even more important than technical usability when it comes to selling domain names?

I may invite him to join the LINK gTLD Users Group I just started on Linkedin. What do you think?

I think that then there would be at least two people in your user group who have never sold a domain name. Oh sorry... I mean two people who "don't divulge their sales publicly".

Last edited:
•••
Just as an fyi Doc....... .LINK added 6,450 new domains today. Since you're a groupie I thought you might like to know:xf.wink:
No, I'm here for the good laughs.

Quite funny that it's five years in and you still haven't learned what gives a domain name value. It's like you're stuck in newbie phase forever. You're not even competent enough to list your domains on Afternic. A random 7 year old child could do that. :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
I own funny.link but that's only because I'm using it for a URL shortener. That's probably the only use case for any .link name...

•••
So why aren't you committing to any of these big ideas for more than a year? You were as excited and optimistic about .online as you seem to be about .link, and yet you've let all your names expire already? I'd think you would have a little more faith in your own plan.

To the average person, it would seem that jumping from extension to extension, registering thousands of domains over 5+ years, then just allowing the domains to expire without even listing them for sale is bad business.

That is just a loss to the average person.

But, Rich is just so far above our level of business acumen he must be playing 6D chess.
I had to skip 3D, 4D, and 5D. That is how advanced it is.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Do you mean other than EXPOSURE to 70M Linkedin members?
Come on Rich, you are supposed to be a marketing Guru......

They have around 830 million users and 63 million of them are decision-makers , with about 10 million being C - level executives. They have around 55 million companies listed on the platform as well.

Impressive numbers.......but there is little to no chance you are going to get exposure to all of the above, they offer an advertising audience of around 160 million people.....

On average businesses pay around $5.26 per click and around $6.59 per 1000 impressions
For a sponsored in mail message the cost is around $0.80

You can easily work out the costs in trying to target senior decision makers or business owners - works out to hell of a lot of money with no guarantee that it converts to a sale.....

On the flip side you could use an automated direct message bot......but will have to work out the cost's and set it up yourself - even this is limited as you can only send a certain amount of messages per day and need to make sure the messaging is relevant for each person you contact.......

With no website or landing page to promote you would just be advertising the extension with no end product to sell......

Seems like an exercise in futility to me

•••
Come on Rich, you are supposed to be a marketing Guru......

They have around 830 million users and 63 million of them are decision-makers , with about 10 million being C - level executives. They have around 55 million companies listed on the platform as well.

Impressive numbers.......but there is little to no chance you are going to get exposure to all of the above, they offer an advertising audience of around 160 million people.....

On average businesses pay around $5.26 per click and around $6.59 per 1000 impressions
For a sponsored in mail message the cost is around $0.80

You can easily work out the costs in trying to target senior decision makers or business owners - works out to hell of a lot of money with no guarantee that it converts to a sale.....

On the flip side you could use an automated direct message bot......but will have to work out the cost's and set it up yourself - even this is limited as you can only send a certain amount of messages per day and need to make sure the messaging is relevant for each person you contact.......

With no website or landing page to promote you would just be advertising the extension with no end product to sell......

Seems like an exercise in futility to me
Nick I hear you, and I do stand corrected about Linkedin having 830 million members vs. just 70M like I said in my post. And you're right too about not having a website or landing page YET to promote the .link extension.

Reading between the lines, i think you're saying I might have a chance for success if I did have those critical pieces. As you correctly pointed out Linkedin is HUGE, and if either the registry or a dealer/broker/domainer like myself could work with Linkedin in almost any capacity, the results could be HUGE.

Finally I can't help but think I have the questionable following here on NamePros as I do because I may just be on to something:unsure: Your comments and observations believe it or not are very encouraging, and I could only hope to attract a partner such as you. Thanks NickB, and if I get back to Wales.org:xf.wink: anytime soon I'd love to meet you.

•••
Not sure what you mean by "false prophets"? Are you accusing me of being a false prophet or Rob?

Rob. You have no following. Just misguided by the likes of Rob.

It's a pity really. So many knowledgeable people around and you continuously pick the wrong ones to take advice from.

Now back on topic....another friend of mine Marek Eckhaus from Prague owns the domain Sex.link, and I wonder if you or any of your friends can tell me if it's any worse or any better than Sex.com from a technical perspective?

I may invite him to join the LINK gTLD Users Group I just started on Linkedin. What do you think?

I could comment and we could drag this on forever on but it's getting tiresome. I feel it's wasted energy. You're better off at echochamber.link.

Good luck though.

•••
Rob. You have no following. Just misguided by the likes of Rob.

It's a pity really. So many knowledgeable people around and you continuously pick the wrong ones to take advice from.

I could comment and we could drag this on forever on but it's getting tiresome. I feel it's wasted energy. You're better off at echochamber.link.

Good luck though.
"You have no following. Just misguided by the likes of Rob.".....correct me if I'm wrong branding, You're following me according to NP.....right? I don't know if you're a loan follower or part of the team...it's a pity really:xf.wink: I would suggest that you unfollow me if you feel you're just wasting energy. Addiction is a strange behavior that maybe you can get help for. Maybe you could get some help at Counseling.link, unfortunately Counseling.com is closed for business or maybe it's just for sale:unsure:

•••
No, I'm here for the good laughs.

Quite funny that it's five years in and you still haven't learned what gives a domain name value. It's like you're stuck in newbie phase forever. You're not even competent enough to list your domains on Afternic. A random 7 year old child could do that. :ROFL:
The fact you're just here for the "good laughs" is music to my ears Doc. Speaking of a "random 7 year old child" helping me technically, I'm keenly aware of that. My wife teaches piano and we have about 20 kids ranging in age from 5-16 coming to our home every week. At 75 years young I've no doubt any of them could help, but I don't mess with my wife's business nor does she with mine.

Stick around for the laughs while you can Doc, but keep in mind I always have the last laugh:ROFL:

•••

Good question Joe. Yes, i was as excited and optimistic about .online as I am about .link, maybe even more so. It wasn't until such time I discovered the registry's for the new gTLD's really didn't care to work with me despite my being their biggest supporter and promoter. I found them to be non committal and in some cases downright arrogant. Then when I'd purchased the domain Reservations.online from Go Daddy, the agent for Radix (registry that owns .online) for the promo price of just a few bucks, i thought I'd hand registered a great domain, just to have the crooks at GD take it back from me. When I complained to my rep at GD he was able to get it back for me, just to have them take it back a second time. While this was happening, I get an email from GD saying they would sell me the domain for 500K:xf.rolleyes:....the very same domain I paid a few dollars for a couple days earlier. Joe, it's experiences like this that speak volumes about the domain industry, and when you combine it with Verisign's total trashing of the Aftermarket in 2018, is there any wonder why I'm mad as hell>:(

So why am I high on .LINK? Well, for a lot of the same reasons I was high on .online. While the new owners of .LINK (Nova Registry) are ambivalent about my involvement, I'm hoping things will be different this time around.

Finally, i do plan on renewing most of my Premium .link domains, and probably around 50% of the non Premium names. Consequently I plan on being a representative for .LINK forever:xf.wink:

•••
The fact you're just here for the "good laughs" is music to my ears Doc. Speaking of a "random 7 year old child" helping me technically, I'm keenly aware of that. My wife teaches piano and we have about 20 kids ranging in age from 5-16 coming to our home every week. At 75 years young I've no doubt any of them could help, but I don't mess with my wife's business nor does she with mine.

Stick around for the laughs while you can Doc, but keep in mind I always have the last laugh:ROFL:
Your last laugh will probably be of this type:

Stress Wtf GIF

Last edited:
•••

Check out floor.link. It demonstrates the extension being used in Web3. Best of luck in your endeavor.

•••
Check out floor.link. It demonstrates the extension being used in Web3. Best of luck in your endeavor.
Thanks delano20....cool site. I'm just learning about Web3.....i guess you've seen it, but check out Magic.link when you get a chance.

I'm pretty old school in that I own names like companionship.link and counseling.link. And with Linkedin I'm more about linking things ie. Networking.link. Thanks too for the good wishes.

Also, i may pick up DiscoverWeb3.link that's available at the moment for just 2 bucks.

Last edited:
•••
Rob.".....correct me if I'm wrong branding, You're following me according to NP.....right? I don't know if you're a loan follower or part of the team...it's a pity really:xf.wink: I would suggest that you unfollow me if you feel you're just wasting energy. Addiction is a strange behavior that maybe you can get help for. Maybe you could get some help at Counseling.link, unfortunately Counseling.com is closed for business or maybe it's just for sale:unsure:

I have a lot of addictions, truth be told, but following people is not one of them. I follow exactly 0 people on SM, namepros included.

I don't even follow the brightest of people you have encountered in this thread.

I am however grateful for their contribution as their content resulted into me making better business decisions and ultimately making me more money.

As for following, I just don't care. I stumble upon these discussions by 'accident'.

Last edited:
•••
Your last laugh will probably be of this type:
I have a lot of addictions, truth be told, but following people is not one of them. I follow exactly 0 people on SM, namepros included.

I don't even follow the brightest of people you have encountered in this thread.

I am however grateful for their contribution as their content resulted into me making better business decisions and ultimately making me more money.

As for following, I just don't care. I stumble upon these discussions by 'accident'.
Sure you do:)

•••
Good question Joe. Yes, i was as excited and optimistic about .online as I am about .link, maybe even more so. It wasn't until such time I discovered the registry's for the new gTLD's really didn't care to work with me despite my being their biggest supporter and promoter. I found them to be non committal and in some cases downright arrogant. Then when I'd purchased the domain Reservations.online from Go Daddy, the agent for Radix (registry that owns .online) for the promo price of just a few bucks, i thought I'd hand registered a great domain, just to have the crooks at GD take it back from me. When I complained to my rep at GD he was able to get it back for me, just to have them take it back a second time. While this was happening, I get an email from GD saying they would sell me the domain for 500K:xf.rolleyes:....the very same domain I paid a few dollars for a couple days earlier. Joe, it's experiences like this that speak volumes about the domain industry, and when you combine it with Verisign's total trashing of the Aftermarket in 2018, is there any wonder why I'm mad as hell>:(

So why am I high on .LINK? Well, for a lot of the same reasons I was high on .online. While the new owners of .LINK (Nova Registry) are ambivalent about my involvement, I'm hoping things will be different this time around.

Finally, i do plan on renewing most of my Premium .link domains, and probably around 50% of the non Premium names. Consequently I plan on being a representative for .LINK forever:xf.wink:
Your plans often seem to rely heavily on working with the registry that owns the latest extension you've taken an interest in... Maybe you should gauge their interest in this kind of a partnership before you invest $15K in domain names that don't sell well?

What you're not seeing is that investors like yourself don't actually help to advance the long-term success of the registry. They need use cases. They need to attract businesses that want to build sites on .link. Have you been able to do that?

•••
Your plans often seem to rely heavily on working with the registry that owns the latest extension you've taken an interest in... Maybe you should gauge their interest in this kind of a partnership before you invest $15K in domain names that don't sell well?

What you're not seeing is that investors like yourself don't actually help to advance the long-term success of the registry. They need use cases. They need to attract businesses that want to build sites on .link. Have you been able to do that?
You're right Joe, but this game isn't over YET. I'm still talking with someone I met here on this thread who's currently vetting me for whatever that's worth? In particular he believes like me that top dollar domain sales should come with a "use" plan or several ideas for their use. I just got through sharing with him some ideas I have for domains like Dollar.link, Seniors.link and Hollywood.link. Joe, some of my strengths involve creativity and startups. For instance, who would have ever thought that a friend and founder of Dollar Tree Macon Brock could sell wine for a dollar?.....and in some cases pretty good wine:unsure: I'll explain later if you care to hear. Ironically I also happen to own Cabernet.link and Chardonnay.link. Any usage ideas for these Joe?

Like i said Joe....this game isn't over YET! I'm in it to WIN IT:xf.wink: and thanks for hanging in there with me.

•••
You're right Joe, but this game isn't over YET. I'm still talking with someone I met here on this thread who's currently vetting me for whatever that's worth? In particular he believes like me that top dollar domain sales should come with a "use" plan or several ideas for their use. I just got through sharing with him some ideas I have for domains like Dollar.link, Seniors.link and Hollywood.link. Joe, some of my strengths involve creativity and startups. For instance, who would have ever thought that a friend and founder of Dollar Tree Macon Brock could sell wine for a dollar?.....and in some cases pretty good wine:unsure: I'll explain later if you care to hear. Ironically I also happen to own Cabernet.link and Chardonnay.link. Any usage ideas for these Joe?

Like i said Joe....this game isn't over YET! I'm in it to WIN IT:xf.wink: and thanks for hanging in there with me.
Those were a lot of words that had nothing to do with what I asked.

Why don't you find a partner first, then make a plan together, and then spend the $15K to get it off the ground?

Why do you keep repeating this same pattern of buying mountains of domains and then dropping them?

•••

Why don't you find a partner first, then make a plan together, and then spend the $15K to get it off the ground?

Why do you keep repeating this same pattern of buying mountains of domains and then dropping them?
I feel like we have been hearing about this partner search for about 5 years now.
A partner is not going to be a miracle worker.

What do you expect a partner to do exactly to bring value to .link, or .online, or .homes before that?

Step 1 - Register lots of domains.
Step 2 - ?
Step 3 - Make lots of money.

All you have to do is figure out step 2.

I agree with Joe. It is probably time you open your pocketbook and pay to get whatever you want off the ground.

It is a waste of time and energy to just register domains, not list them for sale, then let them expire.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

This time it's different Joe? How so......just like there are no two snow flakes exactly alike, no two startups are exactly alike, and i should know having started dozens of businesses.

When applying the SWOT analysis to my latest venture/.link, my greatest strength is that I believe in myself. While you like to point out my failures, i focus on my successes both in life and in business. That said however I do learn from my failures of which I've had a few. So how is my venture into the .link business different? First, i don't know if you've ever been involved with or participated in a turnaround of anything Joe, but i have:xf.wink: I first noticed .LINK when domain investor Yoni Belousov purchased the new gTLD from Frank Schilling of Uniregistry the first of this year. Bottomline, .link was a big mess. Schilling had given up on .link and left many of their Premium domains on the table......by that I mean I was able to register dozens of Premium domains like Nursing.link for $118 in June of this year that were dropped by Uniregistry way back in 2017.

Moving on, having been a member of Linkedin for over 10 years I felt a special connection to the keyword link. I felt even more of a connection when I learned that Linkedin has 875 Million members all over the world.

Finally, i have the financial where with all to renew most if not all of my portfolio annually regardless of whether I make a single sale. Like I said in my previous post.....i'm in it to WIN IT:xf.wink:

•••
I feel like we have been hearing about this partner search for about 5 years now.
A partner is not going to be a miracle worker.

What do you expect a partner to do exactly to bring value to .link, or .online, or .homes before that?

Step 1 - Register lots of domains.
Step 2 - ?
Step 3 - Make lots of money.

All you have to do is figure out step 2.

I agree with Joe. It is probably time you open your pocketbook and pay to get whatever you want off the ground.

It is a waste of time and energy to just register domains, not list them for sale, then let them expire.

Brad
I know you're pulling for me Brad or you wouldn't be here. Remember, DowntheHatch.com? I see where you've owned it now for over 20+ years....how cool/stupid is that? It's been almost four years ago that I hand registered the domain DowntheCatch.com and it's been listed @ Epik ever since.....how cool/stupid is that?

My point is that unless Step 2 is ever deployed it's unlikely we'll ever sell our domains.....how cool/stupid is that:banghead:

Keep pulling/praying for me Brad....the domain industry like Twitter is ripe for change:unsure:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back