Dynadot

discuss .LINK binge continues

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
".LINK is no worse than .XYZ".....like the .com loyalists despising the .xyz insurgence, the .xyz loyalists despise the .link insurgence.

While most of the really good "single word" .link domains have been registered still a few remain. For example, the day after Thanksgiving I was able to register Thankfulness.link that happens to be no worse than Thankfulness.xyz or Thankfulness.com.

In the way of an update.....domains under management aka DUM has grown from 200,000 to 221,000 since May, and 1,500 of those I've registered. In addition, i have it from some reliable sources that "Good News is Coming":xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Intuitively, LINK seems better than XYZ for a lot of things (combine with the name of any common product. but you will never compete with the XYZ marketing team, or the effect that fake sales and heavy money laundering have on general sentiment.

Seriously though, "thankfulness link"? For people who are looking for thankfulness? Who do you think would buy that?

Last edited:
•••
Intuitively, LINK seems better than XYZ for a lot of things (combine with the name of any common product. but you will never compete with the XYZ marketing team, or the effect that fake sales and heavy money laundering have on general sentiment.

Seriously though, "thankfulness link"? For people who are looking for thankfulness? Who do you think would buy that?
Thanks Sam1234.....seriously though who would buy Sam1234.com?:xf.wink: I get your point and appreciate your truthfulness:unsure: when it comes to the corruption surrounding .XYZ.

Thanks for the challenge, "You will never compete with the XYZ marketing team"....Sam, I noticed on Linkedin last night a post by Krista Gable of Domain Domme, llc where she was "returning" the domain Luxury.xyz? When asked why?...she said it's Bullshit! Frankly this entire industry is Bullshit Sam and I intend to expose it:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Chris....that's pretty cute and fitting for Comedy.link:xf.eek:

•••
Potential doesn't pay five years worth (and thousands of) domain renewals, Rich...
Oh but POTENTIAL.link has kept me in the game, and my 1,500 .LINK portfolio requires just 15K a year to keep it afloat.....and that's assuming zero sales:xf.wink: btw, what do you think of Sam1234's comment;

"Intuitively, LINK seems better than XYZ for a lot of things (combine with the name of any common product.)"

How much do you think I had to pay him to say that? How much do you think I had to pay Rob to say;

".Link is no worse than .XYZ"?

•••
You don't have to pay me anything to say ".link is no worse than .crap".

•••
Oh but POTENTIAL.link has kept me in the game, and my 1,500 .LINK portfolio requires just 15K a year to keep it afloat.....and that's assuming zero sales
That's probably a pretty safe assumption, especially since it doesn't even appear many, if any, of your domains are even listed for sale on the lander or marketplaces.

Brad

•••
How much do you think I had to pay Rob to say;

".Link is no worse than .XYZ"?

You should be careful about who you quote (monster) in trying to give your arguments some credibility.

•••
•••
No I definitely did not.
Then how was I to interpret this word for word quote from you; "Well, like stated. I can see it in use" did i somehow take that out of context branding?

Seriously branding....you also posted a link to some Hollywood TM's that were logo™ only marks. And what was the point you were trying to make? I must say that went over my head because I'm pretty familiar with TM and Patent law. I'm not a lawyer, but I have filed for, received and hold several TM's in my name.

•••
You should be careful about who you quote (monster) in trying to give your arguments some credibility.
Do you have a problem with monster branding? I met him personally once in Vegas, and we both happen to be Christians. His quote comparing .LINK to .XYZ pales in comparison to what others in the industry are saying about Swetha and .XYZ......would you prefer that I quote them or is it just monster you don't like?

Last edited:
•••
That's probably a pretty safe assumption, especially since it doesn't even appear many, if any, of your domains are even listed for sale on the lander or marketplaces.

Brad
That's soon to change Brad, but I'm still working on my lease/rent option, and forming a .LINK Users Group. Do you have any idea how a Users Group might benefit .LINK domain buyers? Just ask and I'll be glad to share.

•••
Thanks for the challenge, "You will never compete with the XYZ marketing team"....Sam, I noticed on Linkedin last night a post by Krista Gable of Domain Domme, llc where she was "returning" the domain Luxury.xyz? When asked why?...she said it's Bullshit! Frankly this entire industry is Bullshit Sam and I intend to expose it:xf.rolleyes:
Why did she say the name was bullshit? How does one return a domain?

•••
Why did she say the name was bullshit? How does one return a domain?
While I'm not 100% sure I think she was referring to the .XYZ gTLD as being a hoax. As for "returning" the domain, i see where it's parked at GD where I'm guessing she still owns it? That said however, I'm sure if I wanted to return a domain I believe I could accomplish it.

I hope this helps Sam.

•••
Oh but POTENTIAL.link has kept me in the game, and my 1,500 .LINK portfolio requires just 15K a year to keep it afloat.....
You mean 15K on top of all the .online, .homes, and .realty names...
I'm still working on my lease/rent option
You do know that several major marketplaces already offer that option....? Oh, but you do need to get around to listing the names first.
Do you have any idea how a Users Group might benefit .LINK domain buyers? Just ask and I'll be glad to share.
How might a Users Group benefit .LINK domain buyers?

•••
Then how was I to interpret this word for word quote from you; "Well, like stated. I can see it in use" did i somehow take that out of context branding?

Seriously branding....you also posted a link to some Hollywood TM's that were logo™ only marks. And what was the point you were trying to make? I must say that went over my head because I'm pretty familiar with TM and Patent law. I'm not a lawyer, but I have filed for, received and hold several TM's in my name.

Just reread my post and check how I split up where I quoted you and you'll get it I'm sure.

Regarding the TM. Yes, You've got that right. Now look at all the classes it's registered in and ask yourself, do I want to go there?

Hard pass.

Do you have a problem with monster branding? I met him personally once in Vegas, and we both happen to be Christians. His quote comparing .LINK to .XYZ pales in comparison to what others in the industry are saying about Swetha and .XYZ......would you prefer that I quote them or is it just monster you don't like?

You really should be keeping track of current events in this business Richard. Monster/E owes millions of dollars to domainers and are unable/unwilling to cough up the money.

So yes, both as a registrar and Christian he's lost any and all credibility in my book.

Last edited:
•••
You mean 15K on top of all the .online, .homes, and .realty names...

You do know that several major marketplaces already offer that option....? Oh, but you do need to get around to listing the names first.

How might a Users Group benefit .LINK domain buyers?
Joe....you should know by now that I don't have any renewal fees for .online, .homes or the realty names. I sold a few of them, but barely enough to cover my original costs.

Yes I'm aware that major marketplaces have lease/rent plans....where do you think I learned about it? And you're right about my .link domains not being listed YET, with yet being the operative word.

Finally, and I know you'll enjoy this.....i just started a "LINK" gTLD Users Group on Linkedin last night. It's very crude but it's a beginning, and I think you'll agree Linkedin with over 70M members is the perfect venue for it. Any more questions:xf.wink:

•••
Just reread my post and check how I split up where I quoted you and you'll get it I'm sure.

Regarding the TM. Yes, You've got that right. Now look at all the classes it's registered in and ask yourself, do I want to go there?

Hard pass.

You really should be keeping track of current events in this business Richard. Monster/E owes millions of dollars to domainers and are unable/unwilling to cough up the money.

So yes, both as a registrar and Christian he's lost any and all credibility in my book.
Now we're talking semantics.....you say tomato and i say tomatto:xf.rolleyes:

Then with regards to the TM's for something like HollywoodLink™....i guess you thought I didn't know anything about trademarks:xf.wink:

Finally, I'm aware that Rob's business and reputation have lost some credibility, but since meeting him online via Linkedin in 2017, and he being so nice and informative, I can't help but like and respect the guy. Thus his saying; ".LINK is no worse than .XYZ" only adds to my credibility imho:xf.smile:

•••
Joe....you should know by now that I don't have any renewal fees for .online, .homes or the realty names. I sold a few of them, but barely enough to cover my original costs.
Lol. Good one, Rich. So how many domains are you holding now, besides your .link names?
Finally, and I know you'll enjoy this.....i just started a "LINK" gTLD Users Group on Linkedin last night. It's very crude but it's a beginning, and I think you'll agree Linkedin with over 70M members is the perfect venue for it. Any more questions:xf.wink:
You were going to explain how the user group would benefit .link buyers.

•••

Then with regards to the TM's for something like HollywoodLink™....i guess you thought I didn't know anything about trademarks:xf.wink:

Finally, I'm aware that Rob's business and reputation have lost some credibility, but since meeting him online via Linkedin in 2017, and he being so nice and informative, I can't help but like and respect the guy. Thus his saying; ".LINK is no worse than .XYZ" only adds to my credibility imho:xf.smile:
I guess you are not following that closely. Outside the current Epik debacle, that has left customers screwed, Rob doesn't exactly have a brilliant track record when it comes to predictions either...

https://www.namepros.com/threads/hyphenated-com-domains-are-back-in-fashion.1154810/

He said hyphenated domains are back in fashion. Spoiler alert - they are not. :ROFL:

If that comment is all you have to hitch your wagon to, that is just sad.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I guess you are not following that closely. Outside the current Epik debacle, that has left customers screwed, Rob doesn't exactly have a brilliant track record when it comes to predictions either...

He said hyphenated domains are back in fashion. Spoiler alert - they are not. :ROFL:

If that comment is all you have to hitch your wagon to, that is just sad.

Brad
"If that comment is all you have to hitch your wagon to, that is just sad." LMAO Brad....you should know me a whole lot better than that. What's sad is all the ATTENTION you give me.....sad for you but good for me:xf.wink: btw, i happen to own Attention.link.....any idea what it can be used for?......keep in mind this is a Vision Test.

•••
Lol. Good one, Rich. So how many domains are you holding now, besides your .link names?

You were going to explain how the user group would benefit .link buyers.
Do you mean other than EXPOSURE to 70M Linkedin members?

ps. as to how many other non .link names do I own? Other than the last one I registered, DomainCorruption.com and the domain I'm having tattooed on my forearm, iLuvEveryone❣️com, I probably have a few hundred more.

•••

When I have a plumbing issue, I turn to an expert. He analyses the situation and gives me advice about how to fix the issue. Even though I do know some stuff about plumbing I dont question his superior knowledge.

Yes. That's usually the case with false prophets.

•••
When I have a plumbing issue, I turn to an expert. He analyses the situation and gives me advice about how to fix the issue. Even though I do know some stuff about plumbing I dont question his superior knowledge.

Yes. That's usually the case with false prophets.
Not sure what you mean by "false prophets"? Are you accusing me of being a false prophet or Rob?

Now back on topic....another friend of mine Marek Eckhaus from Prague owns the domain Sex.link, and I wonder if you or any of your friends can tell me if it's any worse or any better than Sex.com from a technical perspective?

I may invite him to join the LINK gTLD Users Group I just started on Linkedin. What do you think?

•••
You don't have to pay me anything to say ".link is no worse than .crap".
Just as an fyi Doc....... .LINK added 6,450 new domains today. Since you're a groupie I thought you might like to know:xf.wink:

•••
Not sure what you mean by "false prophets"? Are you accusing me of being a false prophet or Rob?

Now back on topic....another friend of mine Marek Eckhaus from Prague owns the domain Sex.link, and I wonder if you or any of your friends can tell me if it's any worse or any better than Sex.com from a technical perspective?

I may invite him to join the LINK gTLD Users Group I just started on Linkedin. What do you think?
It works the same way as sex.horse on a technical level.

Though, that is not the main reason domains have value, which you don't seem to understand.

Sex.com also comes with a massive amount of type in traffic that secondary extensions don't have.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back