IT.COM

LCN won't provide AUTH code for any expired domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey all,

Just a heads up to beware LCN.com

Their new policy (which is 100% kosher with ICANN regs, apparently?) is they will not provide unlock and auth code for any domain name on day 1 of grace or beyond.

Once it has expired you must renew or else risk losing the domain!

Doesn't see right? I can post transcript of chat where this is clear

I had obtained auth from them before with namws well into grace before with no issues.

As this is a fairly unique policy (never encountered this before with a legitimate registrar) it would have been nice to receive email notification of this.

I actually had a look at their terms less than 24 hours ago and could not see this.

Their transfer out support also makes no mention of this

I am ok to renew but they want about $18 for a .net

Trying their FB support to see what happens..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the heads up. Their site has been down with no way to manage my domains in my account while they overhauled their site. It would be nice if they at least gave customers a notice about changes that negatively affect us. I'm in the process of moving my domains to Epik.

Last edited:
•••
Np, just thought I would give back where I can.

It took a bit of cajoling but was able to get them to unlock and provide auth codes. Support reiterated that expired domains cannot be transferred out.. and by expired they mean literally just expired.

Their control panel did not even send me an auth code for a domain that expires in November! (although, maybe that is a 'glitch' caused by the new system.. who knows)

•••
does anyone know if this is still a thing? Are they allowed to ransom domain names without the 30 day grace period?

•••
My all domains who is details changed. I can't see as registrar as LCN .com Changed with register.it

So I will transfer out all my domains from there. Previously we could see the auth code from the LCN panel. Now they send auth codes to your mail like Netsol.

•••
My all domains who is details changed. I can't see as registrar as LCN .com Changed with register.it

So I will transfer out all my domains from there. Previously we could see the auth code from the LCN panel. Now they send auth codes to your mail like Netsol.

Are you saying i can see my domains at Register.it if i create an account there?

•••
Yes, i looove the “ICANN excuse”

LCN old school registrar who take 5-7 transfer

They also have expensive .com renewal
Never use them; watch out if you use them.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
LCN has become even much worse than it was before freezing everyone's account for their site upgrade.

Now The domains I transfer out are never even removed from my account, so I can't even tell which domains are still in my account. I went to renew an expired name and guess what, they had already completely deleted it from my account before they were supposed to. I left a ticket and they restored the name to my account. When I renewed it, they even added a 20% VAT tax, even though I live in the US with no VAT tax. :grumpy:

Move your names out well before expiration to save yourself a lot of grief. I will never use them again to save a couple bucks! It ain't worth it!

•••
Looks like Alibaba is doing this now as well.. any AB reps on this board that can help me out??

Normally their renew prices are great... but not on some tld it seems

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back