NameSilo

FREE One-File Landing Page for Mulitple Domains

Labeled as FREE in More Free Stuff, started by mr-x, Nov 20, 2018

Replies:
Views:

1. mr-x

mr-x Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Here is a easy landing page that should work at any hosting company with PHP.

• Hundreds of domains, one page
    • Mobile ready
    • Everything but your logo in one file.
    • Inspired by Afternic / Buy Domains
    Example: https://carprices.app, https://rvprices.app

Requirements:
    • Any recent version of PHP.
    • Able to host several domains on the same website
    Instructions:
    1. edit one-page-lander.php.txt, change $your_email, change the logo, change the phone number!!
    2. rename one-page-lander.php.txt to index.php
    3. upload to the root folder of your website
    If you need help, use this thread to ask questions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. mr-x

If you only have a few domains or need hosting let me know I'll set something up for you.

3. ~ The 34 Year Buzz!!

~ The 34 Year Buzz!! Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Very clean and nice design, thanks.

4. The Durfer

The Durfer Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

5. john888

john888 Established Member

Are you pointing your domains to your one host? Or do you have domain alias set up at your host? Thanks.

6. mr-x

I set the domains up as aliases.

You could redirect domains but would need a .htaccess file. I didn't think of it but easy enough to do. ** Also, redirects could be a problem if a bad-person redirected names to your page.

I made this b/c SEDO parking doesn't handle .app domains correctly, thought someone else might have the same problem.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  7. john888

Setting up domain aliases do you need a hosting package with Let's encrypt SSL Certificates for multiple domains? Thanks.

8. mr-x

I create the aliases, then update the (lets_encrypt) SSL using my hosting control panel

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  9. Domains - Wanted

Domains - Wanted Top Contributor VIP

And for older geezers like me, who grew up with MS DOS's black screen and command line, so using SSH is not that scary... :xf.wink:
    https://www.digitalocean.com/commun...multiple-apache-virtual-hosts-on-ubuntu-14-04

You can do that on any VPS, hosted with any provider, not only DO (which I use only for their tutorials and do not recommend for anything else). Some commands may differ for other Linux flavors, but if you have a preference for something other than Ubuntu (covered by this tutorial), then you probably know your way around your preferred distro.

I'm close to hitting 3000 domains and a control freak to boot, so no choice really, but to set up my own Efty-like system... with stress on the word "-like" :xf.wink: Mine is designed with outbound sales automation in mind plus developing domains into full fledged websites... I mean, why sell off assets that can bring you as much money as their sale, but every year, or in some cases, monthly!

Since it's not feasible to manually set up 3000 hosts or SSL certs, or renew them every 3 months, I'm playing with Ansible to run the whole thing for me automagically. But beware: once you get a taste of Ansible, out go all web control panels and you're on your way to officially becoming a... computer geek :ROFL::ROFL:
    Interesting, I haven't considered that one (y)

This said, not sure how that would play with a custom multi-domain/website CMS app with a database backend, using hosts (domains) to determine what content to serve (n)
    Automating setting up Apache (or in my case, OpenBSD's httpd) hosts using Ansible is simple enough and surefire, meaning least chance of issues with SSL generation and CMS...

For a lightweight system, @mr-x's solution is simple and elegant (y)(y)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  10. creataweb

creataweb Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School Photo VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Sounds interesting, would love to watch a video series of your setup :)

11. Domains - Wanted

Domains - Wanted Top Contributor VIP

It's work in progress, early stages yet, meaning I have most of the moving parts tested, but that's incomplete versions thereof, proof of concept really. Most importantly, need to get it all connected to play together. Biggest hurdle is: too many new ideas and tweaks that come to mind as I go along :xf.wink:

12. Steven McEvoy

Steven McEvoy Top Contributor VIP

How do you send multiple domains to this one landing page?

13. sharastar

sharastar Established Member

Use Permanent or Temporary Redirect to forward your other Domains to the one desired Domain

14. sharastar

sharastar Established Member

@mr-x Thanks for this Awesome One Page Lander.

Can these be used for sub-pages.

like ex. domainbrand.com/nameofthedomain

15. mr-x

Short answer: Yes. Would have to setup a .htacess file with a sitemap or better a simple PHP script.

16. Zilla

Zilla KEEP or DROP dnsilo.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

will test it later...thanks in advance...

17. john888

@mr-x : I tried you one page lander and worked great. But, no way to track which domain name is coming into your landing page with Analytics since all domain names open up your one landing page. I will stick with passing variables that way I can see the domain name in the url " /landing-page/?=domainname1.com "

18. LUP

LUP Top Contributor VIP

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice