Domain Empire

L-L-L dot com values?

NameSilo
Watch
What, if any, are the general values of a L-L-L dot com domains?

GoPC

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
8-5-7:COM
dropped and available

•••
Thanks for the drop info D0MA1N

•••
K-F-E:COM
X-O-L:COM

dropped and available

•••
M-U-W:COM
1-9-3:COM
dropped and available

•••
D0MA1N thanks for keeping us all informed what would we do without you

•••
Hurry up to catch 0-1-8:COM, which just dropped

•••
I just wanted to confirm something we'd been thinking all along with L-L-L.coms: they are great for SEO, even if you're not trying that hard!

My evidence: after just a month or so of having C-P-R.com up and running, take a look at where it ends up on a search of "CPR books" (http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...="cpr+books"&y=Search&fr=sfp&fr2=sb-top&sao=1).

That's with the quotes. Take them off, and it's still number 2!

Now of course, that isn't translating yet to too many actual sales, but that's just a matter of fine-tuning the site itself to make potential buyers feel comfortable purchasing from it.

Very cool, no?

Last edited:
•••
I just wanted to confirm something we'd been thinking all along with L-L-L.coms: they are great for SEO, even if you're not trying that hard!

My evidence: after just a month or so of having C-P-R.com up and running, take a look at where it ends up on a search of "CPR books" ("cpr books" - Yahoo! Search Results).

Now of course, that isn't translating yet to too many actual sales, but that's just a matter of fine-tuning the site itself to make potential buyers feel comfortable purchasing from it.

Very cool, no?

that is cool dag
just goes to show

rimmed

these domains are the most underpriced of any genre in domaining imo

5 characters, exact acronym, .com, as good as non hyphenated for seo
endusers have paid mid xxxx for them

yet they go for xx on forums, often low
all sold out

nuts when you think about it

imho even 150 for a premium L-L-L offers a far better investment than a bad combination LLL for say 3.5k

i have been saying this all along and have put my money where my mouth is

edit:

btw dag, you have some errors on cpr
having to scroll across miles
there is a parsing error

•••
Came across this one today by chance and another good example of end user development.

Central Hall Westminster - London UK

I'm sure there are plenty of end users out there that will buy our domains - just look at how buydomains.com operates and the sales they achieve in this space.

We all as investors need to try and pro actively market and sell to end users - once the number of end users increase to critical mass (what ever that happens to be) the confidence in these will rise and hence the price.

It may have been posted before - are there any stats for lll.com which show the rise in end users and price? That may give us a ballpark end user penetration figure we need to hit.

•••
there is a parsing error
Thanks for pointing that out -- there was some RSS issue, so I just took that off for now. Had been working fine... :? Should be good to go now.

I fully agree with your post above. I've been renewing every one of the L-L-L.coms that I've got, and will continue to do so for years to come!

•••
Droped And Available

g-k-d.com
R-x-x.com
X-E.V.com
Z-E-X.com
X-S-S.com

•••
•••
•••
•••
Are available premium L-L-L at snapnames.com:
A-L-D:COM
D-P-L:COM
H-L-E:COM
I-F-D:COM
L-B-R:COM
M-B-B:COM
M-T-D:COM
O-M-H:COM

All available L-L-L(N-N-N) for registration:
x-e-v:com
q-h-d:com
m-e-q:com
0-1-8:com
m-u-w:com
1-9-3:com
8-5-7:com
x-l-d:com
v-k-w:com
d-x-z:com
q-w-v:com
z-x-l:com
q-v-l:com
v-x-v:com
g-q-v:com
q-s-l:com
k-z-w:com
v-p-j:com

Last edited:
•••
that is cool dag
just goes to show

rimmed

these domains are the most underpriced of any genre in domaining imo

5 characters, exact acronym, .com, as good as non hyphenated for seo
endusers have paid mid xxxx for them

yet they go for xx on forums, often low
all sold out

nuts when you think about it

imho even 150 for a premium L-L-L offers a far better investment than a bad combination LLL for say 3.5k

i have been saying this all along and have put my money where my mouth is

edit:

there is a parsing error
Great Post Pred

My evidence: after just a month or so of having C-P-R.com up and running, take a look at where it ends up on a search of "CPR books" ("cpr books" - Yahoo! Search Results).

Very cool, no?
Great Site Dag

•••
0-1-8.com
1-9-3.com
8-5-7.com
taken, tried to add rep points but can't see how to do it since the layout has changed. Any ideas?

On another note are the values dropping in these economic times? Never been able to register numbers like this for a long time.

I just pick up t-o-c:com on namejet, still had a back order from last year I forgot about. What kind of price would that fetch on np now?

Last edited:
•••
0-1-8.com
1-9-3.com
8-5-7.com
taken, tried to add rep points but can't see how to do it since the layout has changed. Any ideas?

On another note are the values dropping in these economic times? Never been able to register numbers like this for a long time.

I just pick up t-o-c:com on namejet, still had a back order from last year I forgot about. What kind of price would that fetch on np now?
A few of those are making it through the cracks, but as you can see from the list posted by D0MA1N above, there are only a handful that are available for regging.

I actually see these reseller prices being about the same as they were a year ago, so of all the recent buyout domain types, these seem to have held their value the best, and for good reason, being the most scarce of the bunch (and, IMHO, the ones with the most potential).

I've got to focus on renewals right now, but once I get a little breathing room in my finances, I'll be happy to clean up this handful of now-unregistered stragglers, if they're still around then. :)

T-O-C.com is a great one -- I was in the auction for that too, but decided that I've spent too much lately and needed to let it go this time. I don't know what you'd get here for it, but really that's not too important at the moment. Hold onto it for the long term, and I'm sure you'll see a good return later.

Oh, and to rep someone, just click on the little "medal" icon at the lower left, below your member info. Apparently you can also "thank" someone for a particular post too, at the lower right of each post, but I think that's different than repping.

•••
Came across this one today by chance and another good example of end user development.

Central Hall Westminster - London UK

I'm sure there are plenty of end users out there that will buy our domains - just look at how buydomains.com operates and the sales they achieve in this space.

We all as investors need to try and pro actively market and sell to end users - once the number of end users increase to critical mass (what ever that happens to be) the confidence in these will rise and hence the price.

It may have been posted before - are there any stats for lll.com which show the rise in end users and price? That may give us a ballpark end user penetration figure we need to hit.

rimmed

nice find

there are thousands of developed l-l-l.com
there is a list somewhere

•••
Just dropped:
C-J-X,COM
L-V-C,COM :gn:

•••
•••
I just scanned all combinations and these are available:
c-j-x
z-x-l
k-z-w
x-e-v
x-l-d
m-e-q
m-u-w
v-p-j
v-x-v
v-k-w
q-s-l
q-v-l
q-w-v
q-h-d
g-q-v
d-x-z

Obviously people really dislike Q and V.

EDIT:
OK, q-h-d is no longer available, I decided to use the $2 coupon at Godaddy :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I placed 17 all premium letters L-L-L.com (including O-R-A.com) into "make offer" section:

http://www.namepros.com/domains-for-sale-make-offer/584661-17-l-l-l-com-all.html

Feel free to make me offers

Tsk tssk this is the discussion thread not sales :hearts:

--

As you can see these are tough names to resell to domainers for profit. I am not much of a long term investor, except for in this niche. L-L-L and especially N-N-N are really under priced (almost free in some cases!) considering their rarity.

I've made some attempts to sell to end users and the only interest so far has been by a company that thought it was the unhyphenated version. They were ready to jump on my domain for $1200 until they realized it was not LLL but L-L-L..

Just some advice for members new to this thread. Don't acquire these for the quick resell, it's nearly impossible to make good $$. To reiterate what has been said in this thread before... Buy L-L-L's knowing you may renew them for another couple years before any potential buyers come knocking.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back