IT.COM

news Just sold : Sell My Jet dot com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ScalableDomains

ScalableDomains.comEstablished Member
Impact
Just completed a transaction for Sell My Jet dot com. 2073% return.

Picked up on 09/10 for $23. sent about 20 emails. Two responses. One closed deal.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Imo the domain is not worth $50k, but here are some comparable sale below:
sellmyhousefast.co.uk 6,360 USD 2012-09-12 Sedo
sellmycar.com 5,888 USD 2004-07-19 Afternic
sellmyhousenow.com 3,500 USD 2007-12-01 Sedo
sellmyland.com 3,200 USD 2017-01-04 Uniregistry
sellmyhouse.ca 2,500 USD 2016-09-27 Sedo
howtosellmybusiness.com 2,000 USD 2016-06-05 Uniregistry
sellmywebsite.com 1,750 USD 2011-01-15 Sedo
helpsellmyhouse.com 1,500 USD 2013-09-02 Afternic
sellmysite.com 1,400 USD 2010-11-22 Sedo
sellmybike.com 1,250 USD 2017-07-15 GoDaddy
needtosellmyhouse.com 1,200 USD 2015-06-30 Uniregistry
sellmywedding.com 1,200 USD 2013-08-26 Afternic
sellmyestate.com 1,200 USD 2012-09-09 Afternic
sellmy.com 898 USD 2014-05-16 NameJet
sellmybiz.com 877 USD 2015-09-15 Sedo
sellmyboat.com 725 USD 2014-08-13 SnapNames

•••
Most end user sales are never reported. Also all your comps are three word names double the length of the name in question. And all contain "sell" for some reason. You should substitute sell for jet. Must be better comps than those?

Its not worth 50k to a reseller. But to an end user in the jet industry.. Peanuts..

Last edited:
•••
@promo I agree with your statement but I could not find any better comps on namebio..

•••
Different keyword, but same industry, WheelsUp.com was a $50K sale, and the buyer later claimed they got a $500K offer, which they declined.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@ OP, did you send those emails from a personal or business email?

•••
I own Sell/Planes/dot/com, sounds like I need to start reaching out or maybe OP can tell me who he sold his to, lol.

•••
~500$
great sale @joinwhatever .
could you shed some light on your outbound strategy?

•••
Those are all crap names. You can't compare value based off what someone is asking for a name. Sales are the only comparables and you need to research those because many are fake to manipulate the market.

If you think those are all crap names

and

that comparable offers to sell are irrelevant and may not be used to support asking price to a buyer

and

that reported sales are fake,

if you truly believe those three things, then you’ve already lost beyond three strikes to any potential buyer who might come your way and might as well just turn over all your domains to me to sell them for you, because you’ll never get anywhere near their value with those beliefs and attitude.

Any buyer that comes your way will easily dominate you.

Last edited:
•••
Just completed a transaction for Sell My Jet dot com. 2073% return.

Picked up on 09/10 for $23. sent about 20 emails. Two responses. One closed deal.

09/10 is ambigious. is september 2010, or september 10th. Sorry but I don't understand this format.

For the math class dropouts: If 100% of 23 is 23 + 23, what is 2073% of 23 ?

•••
If you think those are all crap names

and

that comparable offers to sell are irrelevant and may not be used to support asking price to a buyer

and

that reported sales are fake,

if you truly believe those three things, then you’ve already lost beyond three strikes to any potential buyer who might come your way and might as well just turn over all your domains to me to sell them for you, because you’ll never get anywhere near their value with those beliefs and attitude.

Any buyer that comes your way will easily dominate you.
LMAO

•••
And all of a sudden, you and your future generations are financially set for life. Congrats.

•••
I own Sell/Planes/dot/com, sounds like I need to start reaching out or maybe OP can tell me who he sold his to, lol.

This is the company "theprivatejetcompany (.com)" and this was their response to me:
"Sure, we could offer $400 but this is our last and final offer only until Monday next week. We just bought "sell my" yesterday for same price and leasing jets only represents 6% of aircraft transactions...so this website would be useless for anyone. This is a tough one to sell."
Actually that was his only offer. I have 4 figures in the name, so couldn't let it go for that without a lose.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, when one person sells too low you can’t expect especially the same buyer to pay much more for a similar name. It’s unfortunate.

Hmm so is this buyer lying and lowering the claimed purchase price to $400 or did it really sell for $500? which not much difference anyway but $400 is ridiculously low.

“This is a tough one to sell“ implies that they will re-sell it?

Last edited:
•••
I have to walk back my comments here. Must have been sleeping since I thought the name was my jet and not sell my jet dot com.

I stand corrected and think it was a fine sale. Not under sold.

•••
Obviously myjet is worth a lot more but sellmyjet is worth more than $400 too. We all knew what the domain was and even the longest sellmy domains are offered for a lot more than $400.

Last edited:
•••
I did not know. So already there you are mistaken..

•••
sellmyjet is not a fine sale at $400 which is apparently what he sold it at. It is low. If you think otherwise I’d simply disagree with you for the reasons I and most everyone else above posted.

•••
Could it have sold higher?.. Probably. Was it massively undersold.. No..

Ohh and also you using asking prices on similar names as comps is laughable. Thats not how comps work. Especially not on such an iliquid commodity as domain names. So I am more with @hookbox than you. Or rather I had a similar reaction to his when I read your post.

•••
Well that's why you won't be selling domains for much, because you already don't believe in yourself, and in the power of what you may use to support your asking prices. The further proof is in that you think $400. for this domain was "a fine sale." That's what is laughable.

Anyway, we all have different approaches, and what works for me may not work for you. But why it won't work for you is not because asking prices are not relevant, but because you have convinced yourself that they are not. So if you don't believe it, of course neither will your buyers.

Last edited:
•••
No you are right. I only did 930k USD in sales last year.

Who knows what I would have made had I had your brains and experience. Its obvious you know what you are talking about..............

•••
You're getting awfully defensive, don't be.

What we are talking about is whether current for sale listings may be used to validate asking price, and I say yes, you say no. Stick to the subject.

•••
•••
Defensive? You the the one telling me I wont be selling names for much. I am the one correcting you... Again..

Regarding asking prices being comps. You are wrong. This is not a commodity where there are 5 possible assets to buy and you have to relate their asking prices to eachother to find a value. No this is a commodity where there are 1 million alternatives to your asset. Where each is controlled by different sellers with different beliefs and methods. One make sales another never did.

Now how is it relevant that someone that will never make a sale is asking 1 million dollars for a name with the same keyword as yours? Its not. Big surprise. Buyer is not forced to buy your name or the other one. There ia ONE category killer name and 1 million alternatives. I dont care about the alternatives at all since they are not comparable.

•••
"I dont care about the alternatives at all since they are not comparable." I disagree with that. That's the market. If for example jojo dot net is being offered for $2200. then you must come in and offer your jojo dot com for more. Or if let's say you are seeing bigname dot com being offered for $1500 you can't come in and ask $30,000. for bignames dot com even if it is better. You don't concede that?

At a minimum comparable offerings are your competition and you must price your offerings within that market.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back